WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Dr. Brown's

With Dr. Brown's, you don't need an appointment. All you need is to have a baby. Or to know someone who has a baby. Or to enjoy buying baby supplies. Or to have extra money to spend and just feel like clicking the phrase "ADD TO CART." Any of those categorizations will work!

Shipping Note: Too Late for Christmas

bsmith1

quality posts: 135 Private Messages bsmith1

We use Dr Brown's bottles. They are a pain to wash, what with the extra parts and all, but they work great.

The microwave sterilizer is great. The bottle warmer does the job, but we worry about nastiness collecting at the bottom. (probably should clean that now that I think of it)

Edit: Wide neck bottles make it easier to put the formula in, but harder for baby to hold the bottle. Also, the wide bottles may not fit in certain cooler bags and such.

ssand23

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ssand23

We have the Dr Browns mixing pitcher here. You can only fill the pitcher 1/2 way with liquid and powder and pump it very slowly as it easily leaks out the top of the pitcher all over where you are working. Yes, pumping it slowly will take a lot longer to mix but I felt it's better than a big formula mess all over. It's kind of a trade off, take longer to mix or spend the time saved cleaning the counter. Depends which you prefer. Hey, some people really enjoy cleaning.

Given that you can only fill it part of the way to avoid a big mess, it ends up making about 16-18 oz at once max, not the up to four 8 oz bottles listed in features. Even when I tried to fill it with more, so much spilled out the top that I lost at least 8 oz of formula with the leaking.

Pampered Chef makes 2 larger sized mixing pitchers that don't leak. I'd try those, a blender stick or a blender.

dancingnancie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dancingnancie

We used the pitcher when our daughter was a baby and really liked it. She was so gassy and it was convenient to have 32oz (I think?) of formula sit in the fridge for a bit while the bubbles settled before giving it to her. I filled it part way with water, poured the formula in, mixed it and then topped it off with the rest of the water.

I've seen smoothie bottles that mix drinks up just like this, but this has a really good spout, larger capacity and a small footprint in the fridge. It's also really easy to fit in the dishwasher because it comes apart.

plswrestler88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plswrestler88

I know the Doctor who invented these bottles. Craig Brown. He´s one of the nicest people I´ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. Not sure what this adds to the conversation... but...FYI. I guess.

bsmith1

quality posts: 135 Private Messages bsmith1
plswrestler88 wrote:I know the Doctor who invented these bottles. Craig Brown. He´s one of the nicest people I´ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. Not sure what this adds to the conversation... but...FYI. I guess.

Tell him I said, "hi".