NascarDad

quality posts: 22 Private Messages NascarDad

I checked with the FIA, and no, this stroller is NOT eligible for the 2011 F1 Constructor's Championship.

ashoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashoe

I thought all these older model Maclaren strollers were recalled. Something about fingers being pinched off while unfolding. Is this one part of the recall?

nlaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nlaine
capcityphoenix wrote:My son isn't quite two weeks yet, but I do have a question. Should you really take your child out in 90 degree heat or 30 degree cold in a stroller or otherwise? I don't want to be outside at those temperatures so I can't seem to think of a reason to take them out either?
Seriously just a question. I'm a new Dad and I need to know these things! I want the best of the best for my little man and this sounds like the best.

I own the Maclaren Techno, Volo and the Triumph and I have to say that it is the best stroller out there. I travel a lot and take my kids everywhere and it has held up. It's easy to close and easy to maneuveur-you can use one hand and hold your coffee with the other (Compared to the other strollers I own: a mountain buggy, peg perego and 2 silver crosses)
My only concern with this stroller would be that it is leather which sounds cool but would it be that functional. But you can always buy a cotton or bamboo liner for the stroller.
I wouldn't use this stroller to take my 2 week old out in.

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian
Superllama7 wrote:Holy crap... You can't get this for under $600 (at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FAMZ30?linkCode=xm2&tag=invihand-20). If you're looking for a fancy, high-end gift for a new dad, this would fit the bill

Wow it's like $600 at Amazon

There I fixed it for you

Wootx17-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-Big on Chuckingx2

donohuer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages donohuer
ashoe wrote:I thought all these older model Maclaren strollers were recalled. Something about fingers being pinched off while unfolding. Is this one part of the recall?

According to Consumer Reports, "All Maclaren strollers sold in the U.S. since 1999 have been recalled due to a fingertip amputation and laceration hazard."

This one comes with the hinge covers, here's the wiki link that vinithehat had previously posted http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maclaren#Recall_of_all_strollers

donohuer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages donohuer

Does anyone know what the "entry level" version of this stroller is? I'm assuming they took an existing model and went upscale with it by adding the carbon fiber and leather. I'd like to see what the reviews and ratings for the "base" model is. TIA

mllondon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mllondon

So this model is in fact has the same design as the finger amputating models, but now comes with 2 peaces of leather to stick over the hinges, but in the picture...they are detachable? How does that work? Deal killer for me.

ErinS1121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ErinS1121
donohuer wrote:Does anyone know what the "entry level" version of this stroller is? I'm assuming they took an existing model and went upscale with it by adding the carbon fiber and leather. I'd like to see what the reviews and ratings for the "base" model is. TIA

It sounds like this one is closest to the Quest, since it has the extendable footrests and the clear window in the top shade.

http://us.maclarenbaby.com/toddler-buggies/quest-sport?lang=en

jar37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jar37

Wow, was just researching whether to pull the trigger on this and bam it's sold out. Guess that's what I get for hesitating. For all you who got one please post how they work out, I'm gonna be a first time dad in the near future and could use the input.

themicah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages themicah
mllondon wrote:So this model is in fact has the same design as the finger amputating models, but now comes with 2 peaces of leather to stick over the hinges, but in the picture...they are detachable? How does that work? Deal killer for me.

Pretty much every Maclaren made in the last decade is a "finger amputating model." The "recall" was to provide the hinge covers, and all new models now ship with them.

hmk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmk

Check out the specs (and price;)) @ maclarens website here

juicius

quality posts: 42 Private Messages juicius

Wow, it went fast. I don't need it, as our two kids are past the stroller stage. They might disagree, but in my book, if you can walk, you're off the stroller. As they walk, they get exercise, and if they get really tired, I'll carry them and get my exercise.

Anyway, it seemed like a great product and great price. We have a perambulator-style Peg Perego that we enjoyed but it was bulkier than this one and did not fold as compactly, so we were considering an umbrella-style one like this a year ago. If this had come a year before...

coast415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coast415

sold out if anyone changes their mind and wants to sell it, please let me know.

whiba

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whiba
imapir8rrr wrote:I have a question for Maclaren owners. My husband and I are both @ 6 ft tall. Are the handles fairly high or would we need to bend down to reach them?

I know this is late, and it appears these sold out pretty fast.

But anyway, i'm 6'8" and my wife is 6'. We bought a Maclaren Quest specifically because we read it was taller than other umbrella strollers. And we were NOT disappointed. it is much taller than other umbrella strollers, and i can push it without feeling like a humpback.

whiba

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whiba
mllondon wrote:So this model is in fact has the same design as the finger amputating models, but now comes with 2 peaces of leather to stick over the hinges, but in the picture...they are detachable? How does that work? Deal killer for me.

The hinge covers are cloth, and they attach to the stroller (they completely surround the hinges). The stroller is still able to be folded with the hinge covers in place. So need to ever take them off.

I got the covers for my Maclaren. But since reading about the recall, i have compared Maclaren's to other umbrella strollers on the market. They all fold the same way! this recall was necessary because some dumb parents don't watch their kids as they're folding the stroller or fold the stroller with the child still in it. This is all the result of our ridiculously litigious society.

nbs2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbs2

Too late for anybody to do anything different, but I'd hold off on great deal umbrellas if you don't have a need.

In our case, we used a full size Inglesina that was later supplanted by our BOB. When we were ready to get an umbrella, we found that we didn't need to spend much money because of our daughter's preferences. She hasn't liked riding in a stroller since 10 months when she started walking. We picked up a $15 cheapo (that we flipped into a $75 discount on a car seat at the BRU trade in sale) as a just in case, but we used it no more than a half dozen times.

Just a thought before you blow a ton of cash on a stroller that you won't use. But the BOB is worth every penny.

tovaeisenberger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tovaeisenberger

i would love to buy one of the sold out ones from s/o who bought more than one b/c i wasnt fast enough. i can be contacted at tovaeisenberger@yahoo.com

kissiffer4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kissiffer4

If anybody has a spare one, please contact me!

Cheers

cfrankland@gmail.com

hmk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hmk
tovaeisenberger wrote:i would love to buy one of the sold out ones from s/o who bought more than one b/c i wasnt fast enough. i can be contacted at tovaeisenberger@yahoo.com

I was only allowed to buy one :'(

kids.woot told me to share the wealth :/

lbinny1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lbinny1

Same here. I was trying to research and then I came back to the page and it was already sold out. If anyone changes their mind, please e-mail me. I would have liked to get it. I really need a lightweight stroller. The one I have now is ridiculous. sparklingbeauty1@gmail.com Thanks!

chad6889

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chad6889

I just missed it, if anyone wants to part with one please contact me at chad_6889@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

geonex88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geonex88

Woot!, please sell these again. Thanks. :-)

Lots of people missed out on this one, incredible deal for an incredible product.

tovaeisenberger

hmk wrote:I was only allowed to buy one :'(

kids.woot told me to share the wealth :/

interesting, b/c they said 9% bought 3

pennyfromheaven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pennyfromheaven

Wow, now I'm glad I didn't wait to order it. I was wondering if anyone has used it for an older child? My son is almost 6 and needs a stroller sometimes because he has mild CP and he has seizures and tips over other strollers. Thanks

vmsingh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vmsingh

http://sale.images.woot.com/WT10607A_specs04.jpg

Check the Production date!!!

CTMechE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CTMechE

I pulled the trigger on this when I saw the button bouncing. About an hour earlier, when I first saw the stroller on here, I promptly swore out loud! 2 weeks ago, my wife and I ordered a Maclaren for the same price, but it was a 'lesser' model.

We figure we'll keep both, since sending the other back will cost us $40. Our first kid is due in 3 weeks!

It's not the same model, but if anyone really wants a cheap Maclaren, this is where we bought the first one:

http://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-quest-sport-in-coffee-sky-blue.html

goldiemcg

quality posts: 13 Private Messages goldiemcg

Nothing like a hot leather stroller to get the kids screaming. The leather is hot enough in my car, would hate to think hot hot this will get in the sun.

tracih

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tracih

Does anyone know if something like this would work with this particular stroller?

If so, it would be a great solution to those concerned with the black leather getting too hot.

Maclaren Seat Liners

dugan2b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dugan2b
CTMechE wrote:I pulled the trigger on this when I saw the button bouncing. About an hour earlier, when I first saw the stroller on here, I promptly swore out loud! 2 weeks ago, my wife and I ordered a Maclaren for the same price, but it was a 'lesser' model.

We figure we'll keep both, since sending the other back will cost us $40. Our first kid is due in 3 weeks!

It's not the same model, but if anyone really wants a cheap Maclaren, this is where we bought the first one:

The Quest isn't going to be good for a newborn - you need something that reclines flat. This stroller doesn't have a flat recline.

sandygbandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandygbandy
CTMechE wrote:2 weeks ago, my wife and I ordered a Maclaren for the same price, but it was a 'lesser' model.

Apart from the leather, does the woot stroller have options and functions that the Quest you linked to doesn't?

How inconvenient will it be to use a seat liner over the leather in the worst of the summer?

Got one, but only because I woke up abnormally early and had time to click around a bit before it sold out! It'll be a first stroller for a first baby.

E.T.A. First stroller bought, but it won't be the first stroller used for the baby, because it doesn't work with newborns either, right? It does recline completely, but the specs say "from 3 months"

tovaeisenberger

dugan2b wrote:The Quest isn't going to be good for a newborn - you need something that reclines flat. This stroller doesn't have a flat recline.

are you sure you dont want to sell me the woot one?

tovaeisenberger

CTMechE wrote:I pulled the trigger on this when I saw the button bouncing. About an hour earlier, when I first saw the stroller on here, I promptly swore out loud! 2 weeks ago, my wife and I ordered a Maclaren for the same price, but it was a 'lesser' model.

sorry! i wrote to the wrong person before [to s/o that replied to you]. are you sure you dont want to part with the woot one? obviously, i would pay for the shipping, plus? you can contact me at tovaeisenberger@yahoo.com

hazelruth23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hazelruth23
capcityphoenix wrote:My son isn't quite two weeks yet, but I do have a question. Should you really take your child out in 90 degree heat or 30 degree cold in a stroller or otherwise? I don't want to be outside at those temperatures so I can't seem to think of a reason to take them out either?
Seriously just a question. I'm a new Dad and I need to know these things! I want the best of the best for my little man and this sounds like the best.

hazelruth23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hazelruth23

You're kidding about not taking your kid out in over 90 degrees or under 30 degrees, right? If you intend to stay indoors due to these temps you and your baby would be grounded ALOt if you lived in my part of the country. 3 to 4 months a year it's over 90 each day. You have to use common sense when putting a child in any seat - be it a car seat, stroller, swing at the park - kids can be burned badly. If you're worried the baby might get uncomfortable, make sure you cover the seat of the stroller with something. I would in any weather - it would have to be more comfortable than sitting on leather.

animalcracker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages animalcracker

90+ degree weather aside, leather seats can get hot in any sun. Can't imagine putting my kid in this even on an average warm day. Black leather, can we say 'butt burn'.

t00manyusers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t00manyusers

No offense, but I think anyone who's bitching at the leather getting hot is just jealous of not having gotten one. ;)

I've yet to see someone post "I _have_ it and I find the leather too hot." If you don't own it, please don't stigmatize it by proffering opinions with no basis whatsoever. Thanks!

t00manyusers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t00manyusers
tracih wrote:Does anyone know if something like this would work with this particular stroller?

If so, it would be a great solution to those concerned with the black leather getting too hot.

Maclaren Seat Liners

I'd like to know too. Anybody know?

[edit] found:

http://shop.maclarenbaby.com/Products/B2C_US/Accessories/AOX1/Seat+Liners.aspx

so yes.

ErinS1121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ErinS1121

Just wanted to toss out that it's totally reasonable for this to be a first (and potentially only) stroller for a baby if you're planning on wearing the baby in a wrap or carrier for a while or if you are getting a Snap and Go (which, in my opinion, is sort of a stroller, but not really).

I'm guessing any woot-worthy parent or parent-to-be would do their homework enough to know not to put their newborn in this. ;)

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Maclaren Carbon Fiber & Leather Stroller has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking will be emailed by the end of the day to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Maclaren Carbon Fiber & Leather Stroller has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING