Top 11% of Kids Woots
Top 12% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Pyle Mini LED Portable Projector
Price: $40.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, May 22 to Tuesday, May 23) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
3/23/2017 - $40.99
1/15/2017 - $40.99 - Click To See Discussion (10 comments)
12/24/2016 - $40.99

ionoff

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ionoff

If only they spent $5 more on a higher quality LCD these would be worth more than a pile... I mean bag of candles. 320 x 240

Woot, just another form of OCD

sschreck

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sschreck

How bright are these? I don't need the resolution, but it needs to be fairly bright at the 120" display size in a semi-lit room

ivytheplant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivytheplant
ionoff wrote:If only they spent $5 more on a higher quality LCD these would be worth more than a pile... I mean bag of candles. 320 x 240

So I'm guessing this would be better spent as a doll house movie theater?

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976

DO NOT BUY. Worst thing I ever bought on woot.

paulbart

quality posts: 2 Private Messages paulbart
sschreck wrote:How bright are these? I don't need the resolution, but it needs to be fairly bright at the 120" display size in a semi-lit room

400 lumens, per the spec. You need minimum 1000 lumens to display properly in a semi-lit room. As others have noted, these are junk.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn

These have been kicking around various importers for almost 15 years. Very old, very dark, absurdly low resolution.

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

phaberman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phaberman

Maybe that is why this is in the Toys section.

cmraven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmraven

Terrible quality. It's a pile.

Cassandra M Piatt

BrightSpirit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrightSpirit

If you really want this, you can have it for $32.99 and free shipping from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyle-PRJG48-Mini-Compact-Pocket-Projector-1080p-Support-USB-SD-Card-Reader-/262866997805?hash=item3d3418122d:g:OjkAAOSw4UtWSjUp

I mean, there are countless items just like this one on there. I got one last year just for fun, and the screen could have been much brighter. I'm not very picky though so I enjoyed it the few times I used it with friends and then resold it after a couple of months with no usage. But if you're wondering, it doesn't possess crisp movie/presentation resolution or brightness at all. It's more of a nice little plaything. Okay if you're like me (with no standards).

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

BrightSpirit wrote:If you really want this, you can have it for $32.99 and free shipping from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyle-PRJG48-Mini-Compact-Pocket-Projector-1080p-Support-USB-SD-Card-Reader-/262866997805?hash=item3d3418122d:g:OjkAAOSw4UtWSjUp

I mean, there are countless items just like this one on there. I got one last year just for fun, and the screen could have been much brighter. I'm not very picky though so I enjoyed it the few times I used it with friends and then resold it after a couple of months with no usage. But if you're wondering, it doesn't possess crisp movie/presentation resolution or brightness at all. It's more of a nice little plaything. Okay if you're like me (with no standards).

Ours is new. There's is manufacturer refurbished with an unknown warranty.

wootlizer

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wootlizer
manlapig wrote:Ours is new. There's is manufacturer refurbished with an unknown warranty.

There is there and there is their. Now you no.

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

wootlizer wrote:There is there and there is their. Now you no.

Forgot my coffee today.

lacotomo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages lacotomo

wondering if its worth the $ to use when we go camping. It would be cool to project this on the pop up for movie night by the fire and its smaller than bringing a tv....thoughts?

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
lacotomo wrote:wondering if its worth the $ to use when we go camping. It would be cool to project this on the pop up for movie night by the fire and its smaller than bringing a tv....thoughts?

Input is 1080p.
Output is 320x240 @ 120", this works out to 3.3p.

I leave it to you to decide is that level of loss is acceptable.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

lacotomo wrote:wondering if its worth the $ to use when we go camping. It would be cool to project this on the pop up for movie night by the fire and its smaller than bringing a tv....thoughts?

How big is your pop up screen?

While not an apples-to-apples comparison, a 40w incandescent bulb puts out about 450 lumens and this projector is rated at 400 lumens.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

cyclonesworld

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyclonesworld
cmraven wrote:Terrible quality. It's a pile.

No, it's a Pyle!

ajskuce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajskuce

Woot, I will pay you to throw one of these away so some poor sap does not get tricked into buying one.

sremick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sremick

Unbelievable that Woot has the nerve to keep hawking these. They're utter junk and Woot gets flamed on the comments every single time. Yet they keep appearing. Apparently Woot has absolutely no moral compass whatsoever. Doesn't matter that the quality is horrible and the specs absurdly low to the point of being beyond useless, as long as Woot can make a buck.

spaceknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spaceknight
sschreck wrote:How bright are these? I don't need the resolution, but it needs to be fairly bright at the 120" display size in a semi-lit room

the back light on your phone is brighter
don't waste your money

jespensc

quality posts: 35 Private Messages jespensc

I’m gonna go out on a limb and defend these – for a specific purpose: Setting up a home theater or dance space, these make decent lighting and effects projectors. They are NOT good for projecting video or text on a screen, they are both too dim and low-resolution. BUT if you have a video card that can handle multiple screens, you can use these as fill or accent lights, in place of a color wheel, as a virtual disco ball, or even as a milquetoast spotlight. Yes, 400lm is enough to be usable in a darkened room – at least for some pretty nifty effects and lighting.

Check out MusicBeam (open source, multiplatform, good for moonflowers, spotlights, strobe effects, etc -- http://www.musicbeam.org/ ) or even Beamer (IOS, slick for mobile users/VJs -- http://www.beamerlasershow.com/en/ )

For a couple of twenties, these are cheap enough not to worry too much if someone steals them from a DJ setup, and fill a function that would be a total waste of a $700 projector. (Disclaimer: for my own setup, I have a couple of cheapies like this with $5 tele-video lens adapters on the front to narrow the beam, plus a spendy 2kLum short-throw projector for room-wide effects.)