Top 1% of all Woots

Quality Posts

gramasheemie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gramasheemie

Is the battery replaceable?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gramasheemie wrote:Is the battery replaceable?

No, sorry.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tuffcork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuffcork

So I just got this in today...any that $13.00 was wasted, is doesn't light up and there were no instructions. Not sure how you can sale this stuff that doesn't work...Am I missing something?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tuffcork wrote:So I just got this in today...any that $13.00 was wasted, is doesn't light up and there were no instructions. Not sure how you can sale this stuff that doesn't work...Am I missing something?

Someone asked on another LED spinner....

We checked with the vendor: "It should light up if you shake it in your hand."

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

Doesn't light up--overpriced for a regular ol' spinner.

kayrickloves

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kayrickloves

Everyone, I figured it out. I tinkered with it and popped out the white discs, and discovered the LED units inside (with replaceable batteries). To turn on the lights, all you need to do is press the white discs firmly between your fingers (while they are still in the spinner, no disassembly required). They have a small button on the opposite side of the batteries, inside the white casings. I discovered this accidentally, when I tried to place the discs back inside the spinner body. And presto, they work! They have 3 different flashing sequences, then they turn off.

kayrickloves

They are replaceable, as far as I can see. Pop the white discs out of the spinner and open them, they have a little break in the seal to do so. The LED unit will come right out, and you can remove the battery to see what kind they are, for replacement.

kayrickloves

tuffcork wrote:So I just got this in today...any that $13.00 was wasted, is doesn't light up and there were no instructions. Not sure how you can sale this stuff that doesn't work...Am I missing something?

Please read my post in the comments, I accidentally figured out how to turn on the LED lights.

kayrickloves

dmkooo wrote:Doesn't light up--overpriced for a regular ol' spinner.

Please read my post in the comments, I accidentally figured out how to turn on the LED lights

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
kayrickloves wrote:Please read my post in the comments, I accidentally figured out how to turn on the LED lights

Wow! Thank you so much!!

Artpf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artpf
kayrickloves wrote:Everyone, I figured it out. I tinkered with it and popped out the white discs, and discovered the LED units inside (with replaceable batteries). To turn on the lights, all you need to do is press the white discs firmly between your fingers (while they are still in the spinner, no disassembly required). They have a small button on the opposite side of the batteries, inside the white casings. I discovered this accidentally, when I tried to place the discs back inside the spinner body. And presto, they work! They have 3 different flashing sequences, then they turn off.

Thanks for doing the leg work! I was about to return this! You'd think they'd include instructions

BIGELLOW

quality posts: 20 Private Messages BIGELLOW
kayrickloves wrote:Everyone, I figured it out. I tinkered with it and popped out the white discs, and discovered the LED units inside (with replaceable batteries). To turn on the lights, all you need to do is press the white discs firmly between your fingers (while they are still in the spinner, no disassembly required). They have a small button on the opposite side of the batteries, inside the white casings. I discovered this accidentally, when I tried to place the discs back inside the spinner body. And presto, they work! They have 3 different flashing sequences, then they turn off.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. I had discovered previously that these had replaceable batteries, but I assumed the batteries were just depleted.

Unfortunately, in mine, two of the three lights work as you describe. The third (likely defective) only lights up when you keep it depressed. As soon as you let go, it's off again. It doesn't cycle through different modes like the others and never remains on when it's not being pinched. I've tried several different ways with different amounts of pressure.

d1land

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d1land

The one I got for my niece initially had one led not working and the second stopped working soon after. I replaced the batteries and they operated as expected. The battery was a CR 1220. Local Walmart only had it in the jewelry department at about $6 a pop. You can probably find them cheaper online.

mommyof2princes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommyof2princes

Each side is a button on my sons spinner lights up in different modes? See if pushing the white circles individually works for you.

pzigly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pzigly

I purchased this one and they sent me the iPm one. make sure you guys didn't receive this one

http://kids.woot.com/offers/ipm-tri-color-led-fidget-spinner?ref=kd_cnt_wp_2_10.

To see the difference this one is supposed to have a ring around where you put your finger. The one I received doesn't have the ring. I think the vendor is sending the cheaper made ones rather than the ceramic bearing ones.