Woots Sold (rank):
Top 0% of Kids Woots
Top 0% of all Woots

Nas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nas

Cheaper over here: http://www.gearbest.com/novelty-toys/pp_618914.html

persephoneryder

quality posts: 2 Private Messages persephoneryder

It's a shame these got turned into fad novelty toys and now the kids and/or adults that need them are not getting to use them for their intended purpose as they're getting banned all over the place as distractions or dangers.

95GLX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 95GLX

I think it is a shame they are getting banned and the ADHD kids can't have them in school. I also think it's a shame people are upset that kids that don't have ADHD are playing with them. I only ever saw them advertised as toys and not tools. Regardless, kids shouldn't have toys in schools. Most schools that have banned them still allow for true ADHD kids.

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13
Nas wrote:Cheaper over here: http://www.gearbest.com/novelty-toys/pp_618914.html

Cheaper yes but, do you want to wait a few months to get it?

Silly Rabbit......

mderoller

quality posts: 13 Private Messages mderoller
Nas wrote:Cheaper over here: http://www.gearbest.com/novelty-toys/pp_618914.html

Yes, but 15-35 days to get here,

clearskiestomt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clearskiestomt
Darksoul13 wrote:Cheaper yes but, do you want to wait a few months to get it?

7.99 + 5.00 shipping, vs 3.76 and free shipping.

Woot shipping typically takes 2 weeks for me. Gear best 3 weeks.

hfmf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hfmf

NEW AND IMPROVED WASTE OF TIME.

Now, the kid doesn't have to come up with the idea to throw this item across the room... It's actually SHAPED like a bat-a-rang.

stevenmonty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevenmonty

Google Catherine Hettinger, who originally created the spinner. Interesting story. And these mass produced pieces are junk. Support local machinist vs mass Chinese imports.

hulfy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hulfy

Well, at least playing with this won't make you go blind.

dmnstr8

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dmnstr8

Amazon has it for 2.41 with free shipping if you're not in a rush..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0718X1BJ5/ref=twister_B0725QY3LK?_encoding=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

TruBluTopaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TruBluTopaz
95GLX wrote:I think it is a shame they are getting banned and the ADHD kids can't have them in school. I also think it's a shame people are upset that kids that don't have ADHD are playing with them. I only ever saw them advertised as toys and not tools. Regardless, kids shouldn't have toys in schools. Most schools that have banned them still allow for true ADHD kids.

You assume it's just elementary kids using these toys. I teach high school and frankly they have become the Distraction du Jour for kids already distracted by their cell phones and tablets. Imagine if your boss, during a meeting, popped one of these out and just started spinning it, playing with it. Would you be pleased? You wonder why kids don't learn-it's because of stuff like this. I swear the Chinese did this on purpose.

Trublutopaz, Queen of the Nil (sic)

bornyesterday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bornyesterday
TruBluTopaz wrote:You assume it's just elementary kids using these toys. I teach high school and frankly they have become the Distraction du Jour for kids already distracted by their cell phones and tablets. Imagine if your boss, during a meeting, popped one of these out and just started spinning it, playing with it. Would you be pleased? You wonder why kids don't learn-it's because of stuff like this. I swear the Chinese did this on purpose.

in my time we used to try to keep the stray energy channeled like this. (not sure it was the best idea then, either)

callidusj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages callidusj

Ordered Monday, Just got mine.

Not bad for the price. Weights aren't as picture; cheaper looking in real life. Balance is decent. Spin time isn't super amazing, but it can go around 2 minutes before it stops.

For a few bucks, does what I need it to do.

vanhornb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vanhornb

Came here to say this, weights are dirty unpainted metal. They look nothing like the shiny black painted weights in the picture. I have dirt all over my fingers from touching them (what?). Personally I am a stickler for actually receiving what is pictured when I buy things off the internet, so I will be asking for a refund even though technically it "works".

callidusj wrote:Ordered Monday, Just got mine.

Not bad for the price. Weights aren't as picture; cheaper looking in real life. Balance is decent. Spin time isn't super amazing, but it can go around 2 minutes before it stops.

For a few bucks, does what I need it to do.

morphiend

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morphiend

Actually it's not dirty, it's rusted. Rusted chunks of metal instead of the ball bearings that were supposed to be there. Clearly mis-advertised item.

vanhornb wrote:Came here to say this, weights are dirty unpainted metal. They look nothing like the shiny black painted weights in the picture. I have dirt all over my fingers from touching them (what?). Personally I am a stickler for actually receiving what is pictured when I buy things off the internet, so I will be asking for a refund even though technically it "works".

mshetley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mshetley

Blance seems way off

apec766

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apec766

Same issues here. Rusted metal rings for the weights.

Also, it is horribly balanced and spins for only a few seconds. Horrible purchase...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

apec766 wrote:Same issues here. Rusted metal rings for the weights.

Also, it is horribly balanced and spins for only a few seconds. Horrible purchase...

I'm very sorry. Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

barts185

quality posts: 3 Private Messages barts185

Gear Best is having a flash sale, currently 1.99 and free shipping if you want to wait. It will only show the sale price once it's in your cart. It goes from 3.76 to 1.99
http://www.gearbest.com/novelty-toys/pp_618914.html

It's my first time using Gear Best so I don't know how long the flash sales lasts, or if it's always on flash sale.

sweetloudiamond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweetloudiamond
persephoneryder wrote:It's a shame these got turned into fad novelty toys and now the kids and/or adults that need them are not getting to use them for their intended purpose as they're getting banned all over the place as distractions or dangers.

it's not like there's a limited supply. why do you care if people want to use them for fun? lol

turbizzi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages turbizzi

I'm having the same issue as other commenters. All three spinners are missing the bearings on the left and right sides. Instead of being able to spin the bat by its "wing," this toy just leaves rust all over your fingers.

I checked the sale page, and it clearly shows bearings in the wing holes. I've contacted customer service.

I bought a cheaper version on eBay, which took about two weeks to ship from China. The spinner is nearly identical, but it has all the right bearings and won't get your hands dirty. $7.20 for two spinners, shipping included.

I bought these spinners assuming they'd be a higher quality. Remember when Woot was the best price on the internet?

jrm523

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrm523

I have learned three things from these posts and how many people are buying these..

1. People don't care if it's a rusted piece of Chinese metal. They want the cheapest thing possible.

2. I'm apparently in the wrong business as these are flying off of the shelf.

3. People could careless about supporting US or local made merchandise.

pquijal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pquijal

I didn't realize people loved bats so much.

Your interaction has been satisfactory.

egibbs69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egibbs69

Poorly made product! Bought 3 only 2 worked! Not happy!

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 33 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

egibbs69 wrote:Poorly made product! Bought 3 only 2 worked! Not happy!

Please contact Woot customer service about the defective spinner.

lustroadri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lustroadri

I would avoid buying this. Ours just arrived today and it barely spins more 20-30 rotations before stopping.

I popped off the center pieces to discover rust througout the bearings and holding.

I will be sending this back and expecting a refund. But would prefer a shiny new replacement as my son was looking forward to a yellow (favorite color) Batman (favorite superhero) fidget spinner.

lustroadri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lustroadri

Thank you, Woot!, for your prompt customer service. I contacted Customer service via their website and was contacted twice including an email stating I would be issued a refund with direction to not send it back.

With that direction, I used separate rubbing alcohol and vinegar baths to help clean off the rust. It spins much better but still has some rough patches that cause it to stop prematurely. And it peeled the paint off the weights in the wings. But it's much better than the original 20-30 rotations we were getting. C'est la vie.

lustroadri wrote:I would avoid buying this. Ours just arrived today and it barely spins more 20-30 rotations before stopping.

I popped off the center pieces to discover rust througout the bearings and holding.

I will be sending this back and expecting a refund. But would prefer a shiny new replacement as my son was looking forward to a yellow (favorite color) Batman (favorite superhero) fidget spinner.