Top 13% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Samsung 2-Camera Baby Monitoring System
Price: $99.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Tuesday, Mar 14 to Friday, Mar 17) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/7/2017 - $99.99 - Click To See Discussion (4 comments)
11/28/2016 - $99.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (3 comments)

12/15/2016 - $99.99 (Woot Plus)
12/15/2016 - $99.99 (Woot Plus)
11/29/2016 - $99.99 (Woot Plus)

FrickinDan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FrickinDan

I purchased this system last time around and returned it. What I was sent was unlike any other refurbished product I've purchased from here. There was a new screen/screen protector on the monitor and all pieces had scuffs on them looking like they should have come from a garage sale rather than factory refurbished. The packaging of them even looked as if I bought them on ebay. The video quality of these is terrible as well. I'm much better off with cheap wireless ip security cameras and a cell phone or tablet.

wooters!!

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wooters!!

Do you mean cameras like the Amcrest 1080P Pro HD Pam and tilt one? I was considering that since it's on sale now, but thought this might have been neat for portable monitoring purposes. The video quality on the Pro HD is excellent, and was wondering if the Samsung was in any way similar.

wooters!!

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wooters!!

It's supposed to run on AC power, is the power adapter plugged into the bottom of the camera? Is it non visialbe (sic)like the IR leds in the pictures?

bradyarz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bradyarz

I bought one of these sets here as well. We wanted it to replace our aging single camera system. There were no scuffs or dings, and everything works as it should. We had pairing issues the first night we tried it, but since then it's worked great.

Sure, the cameras don't output in 1080p, but this is for checking on your kids at night, not watching cinematic masterpieces. As long as you can tell they're still in the crib, you're good.

The main plus for me is it's also a closed system. By that, I mean you aren't using your wifi to connect to the camera. Due to the shoddy security practices of most IP cameras out there (and people's inexplicable reasons for leaving default passwords in place), this provides a much more secure system very easily.

I've been censored!!!

4/26/12
On Craps Tides 9/23/15
Legend of Sleepy Crap 10/29/15
Craptacular Crap 3/7/17

bradyarz

wooters!! wrote:It's supposed to run on AC power, is the power adapter plugged into the bottom of the camera? Is it non visialbe (sic)like the IR leds in the pictures?

The power adapter plugs in the back of the camera at the base. You get three power bricks total - one for each camera and one for the monitor. The IR LEDs are not visible.

I've been censored!!!

4/26/12
On Craps Tides 9/23/15
Craptacular Crap 3/7/17

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wooters!! wrote:It's supposed to run on AC power, is the power adapter plugged into the bottom of the camera? Is it non visialbe (sic)like the IR leds in the pictures?

Here's a PDF of the manual that shows the connections.

On vacation until 6/3. I will not answer private messages.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

spiek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiek

IP cameras are nice, but will eat up your cell phone/tablet batteries for monitoring (I know from experience). These systems work much better.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

spiek wrote:Great link...

Oops. Fixed.

On vacation until 6/3. I will not answer private messages.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kecker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kecker

The plug is sort of in the side. So if it's hanging on your wall, it's the upper right corner.

Not sure what you're asking with the non-visible question.

I'm too cool for a signature.

kecker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kecker

We have this system and have used it with two cameras, which it's not good for.

With just one camera it's a serviceable unit. However, it has a strange tendency to occasionally just freeze the image that's on the screen. So for example, you may think your toddler is safely asleep downstairs in their bed according to the image on the screen, but in fact they're up and about getting into trouble.

With two cameras it's even worse. Because it advertises that it'll automatically turn on the screen when noise level goes over a certain amount (VOX) right? But the thing is it only does that for ONE camera at a time. So while it may be quiet in the nursery, your toddler could have a marching band playing in their room and you wouldn't know it if you have the system tuned to the nursery at the time.

EDIT: We've had the base unit replace to address the freezing issue. The replacement does the same. I think it's just a glitch with this system.

The VOX issue is a "works as designed" problem.

I'm too cool for a signature.

bradyarz

kecker wrote:your toddler could have a marching band playing in their room and you wouldn't know it if you have the system tuned to the nursery at the time.

How big is your house???

I've been censored!!!

4/26/12
On Craps Tides 9/23/15
Craptacular Crap 3/7/17