WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever had to remove your child from a daycare/school situation?
  • 31.9% - Yes 58
  • 65.9% - No 120
  • 2.2% - I have something to say about this (comments) 4
182 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

No but if my son had told me when he was going there, what they did, I would have tried to shut them DOWN! We drove past there a couple of years, later. He said, let's not drive by here again. Asking why, he told me when he was bad, they would lock him in a room by himself. I asked why he didn't tell me, he just thought that is what they were supposed to do. The daycare was later shut down because of complaints.

dcigary

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dcigary

Our son was at a pre-school, and for most of the year and half he was there it was a fantastic place run by a very caring and compassionate owner. She decided to sell the business to a husband/wife team, and it just went downhill in the first week. Our son was complaining of the new owners screaming at the kids, timeouts given for just about anything, and other general disorder. The one day I was in there picking him up, I saw it for myself, and just told the owner that this will be the last time our son is here, and we expect a refund for the remaining portion of the month we've already paid. Come to find out we weren't alone - they were losing clients in droves and eventually were shut down by inspectors for many infractions.

x20

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

My son was in preschool and one of the leader's kids was being mean to other kids. So my 4 year old gave the 5 year old an old fashion beat down. The teachers supported my son, the cafeteria staff supported my son, the director? No so much. He was kicked out of the place two weeks later.

kingkev15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingkev15
Marcusx70 wrote:My son was in preschool and one of the leader's kids was being mean to other kids. So my 4 year old gave the 5 year old an old fashion beat down. The teachers supported my son, the cafeteria staff supported my son, the director? No so much. He was kicked out of the place two weeks later.

yes marcus ufortunately it happens people take the people they favor and take theyre side even when they know theyre wrong
that's why I voted for trump cause this doesn't only happen in pre-school we also see it happening through out politics. that's why I voted for trump!!!!!

wandastc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wandastc

Owned and ran a center for years a lot of work and a lot of reward. Very little money! State regulations were many, but figured if there was a regulation there must be a reason it is to be in place. Not all centers are good places. One should be very careful who you entrusted your child to.

muse7mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muse7mom

My daughter was bit once while at preschool. A couple of days later she had a well check and the doctor asked what that was. When I told her it was a human bite, the doctor asked if I wanted them to give an HIV test. That nearly broke my heart but I didn't permanently remove her from the school.