WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever sent your kids to bed without supper?
  • 65% - No 193
  • 13.5% - Yes 40
  • 18.9% - Yes, but we call it dinner. 56
  • 2.7% - I have something to say about this (comments) 8
297 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

qwerty82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwerty82

I sent MYSELF to bed without supper once. I was trailing my father into his driveway in my mom's car and out of habit I hit the garage door button in my mom's car just after he did which caused the garage door to close on the hood of his truck. I felt so bad I just went straight home, made myself sit in silence in the garage for a while and then made myself go right to bed without any supper. HA! I know it was just an accident but I felt so bad I couldn't help but punish myself. (I was about 30 and there was no damage to his truck)

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

No, that is not punishment that is straight out child abuse. Poor children.... some go without because they don't have it but to punish someone like that. Sad.Take video games or tv, not sustenance for our body. Food is a need, not a want.

Just plain barbaric, there are many other ways to discipline unruly offspring. Next time you do something bad, no food for you either.

You can disconnect important cables to their devices. Give them a sandwich instead of what you are eating. Even prisoners are not deprived of food and they are criminals. I really cannot believe such a high percent age participating in this practice,

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

No, we just make them sit there with no food on the plate while we eat. They could apologize to the family for what they did or not eat that meal. PERIOD! Sending them to the room is not going to help. The kids hide snacks up there and there are games, TV, internet and other things up there. They sit there and deal with the consequences of their actions. Do we let them starve? NEVER! Do we discipline them for misbehavior or disrespect? YES!

kingkev15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingkev15
qwerty82 wrote:I sent MYSELF to bed without supper once. I was trailing my father into his driveway in my mom's car and out of habit I hit the garage door button in my mom's car just after he did which caused the garage door to close on the hood of his truck. I felt so bad I just went straight home, made myself sit in silence in the garage for a while and then made myself go right to bed without any supper. HA! I know it was just an accident but I felt so bad I couldn't help but punish myself. (I was about 30 and there was no damage to his truck)

THATS KINDA STUPID WHO SENDS THEMSELVES TO BECAUSE OF SOMETHING SI STUPID?!?!?!?

THERES NO WAY FOR A GARAGE DOOR TO MESS UP A TRUCK ULESS ITS A FORD CAUSE THOSE JUNK!!

bblhed

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bblhed

Never sent the kid to bed without dinner, now there have been times that we had to make her eat her dinner before she went to bed, but if there is food that is fit to eat no one goes hungry.

I will also add that no one gets a special meal for them only, if we are all here for dinner everyone eats the same thing. That I'll make something special for just you don't fly around here. Now if we all agree that dinner is lousy new dinner for everyone will be made.