WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you ever tell your kids you're going to fix their toys, but then just throw them away after they forget about them?
  • 32.3% - Yes 110
  • 34.3% - No 117
  • 33.4% - I am now! Thanks, Woot! 114
341 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

I have no kids of my own, but I would totally fix them.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

Halieus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Halieus

I first look at the toy. If it's fixable, then I have the kid that broke it work with me to fix it. If it's not fixable, then the one that owns it can choose to keep it or pitch it, but they do the throwing away.

I will throw away toys they won't put away.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

Depends on the toy and if they are going to break it again. RC cars, we would fix them and get them running. Other toys where stuff was just broken, I would tell them that they should have taken better care of it and made them throw it away.

electric1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages electric1

I try not to lie to my children, especially because they pick up on honesty pretty quickly and I want them to be honest. If I say I'm going to fix a toy they don't ever forget about the toy in the long run. Like a year later they will remember and say. "Dad you said you were going to fix my toy car, did you do it?" If I had thrown it away it would have been worse than saying, no I didn't get to it.