acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:I have planned events. They've always gone well and people have liked the creativity that went into it.

Ah, OK.
I think I could do that, I love getting things planned and seeing things go well.
I do kinda spazz out ahead of time, but it always goes off well.



killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
stlwooter wrote:

heh, I have put quite a bit of work into this wedding already. I hand sewn all the invitations among many other things. We pretty much split the labor between us, though she does more of the calling during business hours since I am an elementary teacher and find it hard to get to the phone with class going on. I really like the bulb ideas, and other posts have started me thinking. This is the creative juice I was looking for. Right now I am pretty brain-fried after three solid days of writing student reports. I was hoping to be done today, but tomorrow is another day. Sorry if you got the impression I was blowing off your ideas. I am very glad to receive them.



I once was a teacher. Brain-fried. Burn out.

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
acemom wrote: Ah, OK.
I think I could do that, I love getting things planned and seeing things go well.
I do kinda spazz out ahead of time, but it always goes off well.



I have planned quite a few parties, been part of planning a huge professional development conference, but this is far more personal and anxiety inducing!

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
killingtime wrote:

I once was a teacher. Brain-fried. Burn out.



This is the end of my 11th year, though not consecutive. Did two then break then nine.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

White guppies are eco-friendly. They can swim around during the wedding and create conversation. And once they die, you throw him/her in the garden.

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:

I once was a teacher. Brain-fried. Burn out.


taught one year.
Nope, unh uh, never again.
I don't think you are blowing us off, we are brain-storming here!!



stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
killingtime wrote:White guppies are eco-friendly. They can swim around during the wedding and create conversation. And once they die, you throw him/her in the garden.



Ha Ha. Bags of compost!

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
stlwooter wrote:

This is the end of my 11th year, though not consecutive. Did two then break then nine.



I was a post-secondary teacher. Five years and then I was done. Moved over into the corporate world.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
stlwooter wrote:

Ha Ha. Bags of compost!



I was thinking of a nice round bud vase, actually...

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

What about those wax chinese yo-yos? I use to love those!

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Fortune cookies.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Kitty cats, sunshine and morning glories?

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
killingtime wrote:

I was a post-secondary teacher. Five years and then I was done. Moved over into the corporate world.



Been brewer, computer tech, maintenance, among other things. Kids can be amazingly frustrating, but the feeling when a student reaches a new level of understanding is worth it for me. Also, I can accept kids acting dumb. When adults do the same things, I have no patience. Kids, I can teach them how to avoid those behaviors. Adults don't take too kindly to that.

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
killingtime wrote:What about those wax chinese yo-yos? I use to love those!



?? do you mean waxed paper ones? Not blobs of wax?

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

How about making a sheet of "seals"...like use their last initial..."M" and throwing one of your fractal images behind it...

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
stlwooter wrote:

?? do you mean waxed paper ones? Not blobs of wax?



How old are you? Were you born in a barn? Ever go on any field trips?

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
stlwooter wrote:

Been brewer, computer tech, maintenance, among other things. Kids can be amazingly frustrating, but the feeling when a student reaches a new level of understanding is worth it for me. Also, I can accept kids acting dumb. When adults do the same things, I have no patience. Kids, I can teach them how to avoid those behaviors. Adults don't take too kindly to that.


i just couldn't take the behavior issues. I am 5'2" and maybe 115 lbs soaking wet. My middle school students out-weighed me and challenged me too much. I apparently am not an authority figure.



stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
killingtime wrote:How about making a sheet of "seals"...like use their last initial..."M" and throwing one of your fractal images behind it...



Cool idea. I have to go to bed now. Thank you for the great ideas, and I will pick up this thread in the AM. I have to finish reports tomorrow.

Nighty

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
stlwooter wrote:

Cool idea. I have to go to bed now. Thank you for the great ideas, and I will pick up this thread in the AM. I have to finish reports tomorrow.

Nighty



night, stl!!



killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
acemom wrote:
i just couldn't take the behavior issues. I am 5'2" and maybe 115 lbs soaking wet. My middle school students out-weighed me and challenged me too much. I apparently am not an authority figure.



It took me 2 years before I commanded the respect I deserved. You have to become comfortable in your own skin. The adults wanted to be "your friend." I had to figure out how to separate myself out.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
stlwooter wrote:

Cool idea. I have to go to bed now. Thank you for the great ideas, and I will pick up this thread in the AM. I have to finish reports tomorrow.

Nighty



Night, good luck, chuck.

it is getting kind of late for this...

stlwooter


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
killingtime wrote:

How old are you? Were you born in a barn? Ever go on any field trips?



No I am just very tired.

You mean these

not these

As to the barn, age and fieldtrips; nope, guess, all the time (just took the kids swiming at lake cochituate (sp?))

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:

Night, good luck, chuck.

it is getting kind of late for this...


crap, I am still wide awake.
Oh well, I'll find something else to do if y'all leave.....



killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
acemom wrote:
crap, I am still wide awake.
Oh well, I'll find something else to do if y'all leave.....



I'm here...not as wide awake as you are...

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
stlwooter wrote:

No I am just very tired.

You mean these

not these

As to the barn, age and fieldtrips; nope, guess, all the time (just took the kids swiming at lake cochituate (sp?))



Yes first, not second.


acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:

I'm here...not as wide awake as you are...


it's OK.
Just, last summer there were wooters (a lot of em) here every night, even late.
I miss those days.



don'twantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages don'twantaname

Volunteer Moderator

stlwooter wrote:

heh, I have put quite a bit of work into this wedding already. I hand sewn all the invitations among many other things. We pretty much split the labor between us, though she does more of the calling during business hours since I am an elementary teacher and find it hard to get to the phone with class going on. I really like the bulb ideas, and other posts have started me thinking. This is the creative juice I was looking for. Right now I am pretty brain-fried after three solid days of writing student reports. I was hoping to be done today, but tomorrow is another day. Sorry if you got the impression I was blowing off your ideas. I am very glad to receive them.



Not very exciting, but the one everyone liked at the last wedding I went to was chocolate covered pretzels.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
don'twantaname wrote:

Not very exciting, but the one everyone liked at the last wedding I went to was chocolate covered pretzels.



Yummy, but not that special.

Still single, can't imagine why.

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
don'twantaname wrote:

Not very exciting, but the one everyone liked at the last wedding I went to was chocolate covered pretzels.


heya, dont, you enjoying your vacation??



killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Well, well, well...D'Name and Fen show up at the same time...

Hmmm...

Maybe Fen is D'Name's stalker!

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

So far, the only idea I have is an memory foam toilet seat.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
killingtime wrote:Well, well, well...D'Name and Fen show up at the same time...

Hmmm...

Maybe Fen is D'Name's stalker!



Maby i just like to talk to D'name.

Still single, can't imagine why.

killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime

Should we move over to PWA or Dorks so this guy can get actual advice without having to weed through our stuff?

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
killingtime wrote:Should we move over to PWA or Dorks so this guy can get actual advice without having to weed through our stuff?



I suppose...

Still single, can't imagine why.

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
FenStar wrote:So far, the only idea I have is an memory foam toilet seat.


LOL, nice wedding favor idea.

Fool.



killingtime


quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
acemom wrote:
LOL, nice wedding favor idea.

Fool.



He might have something there...

You have everyone sit on the foam...it imprints their butt cheek and then you spray hardener on it and you hang it on the bride and groom's bedroom wall...like art...or something...

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:

He might have something there...

You have everyone sit on the foam...it imprints their butt cheek and then you spray hardener on it and you hang it on the bride and groom's bedroom wall...like art...or something...


Good heavens.

*shudder*



don'twantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages don'twantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

It took me 2 years before I commanded the respect I deserved. You have to become comfortable in your own skin. The adults wanted to be "your friend." I had to figure out how to separate myself out.



Was duct tape involved?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

don'twantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages don'twantaname

Volunteer Moderator

acemom wrote:
heya, dont, you enjoying your vacation??



It was sunny and nice today. So far so good. Survived the KT visit. Took a bunch of pictures that I will never be able to post. Had two lobsters so far. And the internet connection is working tonight!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
don'twantaname wrote:

It was sunny and nice today. So far so good. Survived the KT visit. Took a bunch of pictures that I will never be able to post. Had two lobsters so far. And the internet connection is working tonight!



Move to PWA!

Still single, can't imagine why.