acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
killingtime wrote:I have planned events. They've always gone well and people have liked the creativity that went into it.

Ah, OK.
I think I could do that, I love getting things planned and seeing things go well.
I do kinda spazz out ahead of time, but it always goes off well.

killingtime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killingtime
stlwooter wrote:

heh, I have put quite a bit of work into this wedding already. I hand sewn all the invitations among many other things. We pretty much split the labor between us, though she does more of the calling during business hours since I am an elementary teacher and find it hard to get to the phone with class going on. I really like the bulb ideas, and other posts have started me thinking. This is the creative juice I was looking for. Right now I am pretty brain-fried after three solid days of writing student reports. I was hoping to be done today, but tomorrow is another day. Sorry if you got the impression I was blowing off your ideas. I am very glad to receive them.

I once was a teacher. Brain-fried. Burn out.

stlwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stlwooter
acemom wrote: Ah, OK.
I think I could do that, I love getting things planned and seeing things go well.
I do kinda spazz out ahead of time, but it always goes off well.

I have planned quite a few parties, been part of planning a huge professional development conference, but this is far more personal and anxiety inducing!

stlwooter

killingtime wrote:

This is the end of my 11th year, though not consecutive. Did two then break then nine.

killingtime

White guppies are eco-friendly. They can swim around during the wedding and create conversation. And once they die, you throw him/her in the garden.

acemom

killingtime wrote:

taught one year.
Nope, unh uh, never again.
I don't think you are blowing us off, we are brain-storming here!!

stlwooter

killingtime wrote:White guppies are eco-friendly. They can swim around during the wedding and create conversation. And once they die, you throw him/her in the garden.

Ha Ha. Bags of compost!

killingtime

stlwooter wrote:

This is the end of my 11th year, though not consecutive. Did two then break then nine.

I was a post-secondary teacher. Five years and then I was done. Moved over into the corporate world.

killingtime

stlwooter wrote:

Ha Ha. Bags of compost!

I was thinking of a nice round bud vase, actually...

killingtime

What about those wax chinese yo-yos? I use to love those!

killingtime

Fortune cookies.

killingtime

Kitty cats, sunshine and morning glories?

stlwooter

killingtime wrote:

I was a post-secondary teacher. Five years and then I was done. Moved over into the corporate world.

Been brewer, computer tech, maintenance, among other things. Kids can be amazingly frustrating, but the feeling when a student reaches a new level of understanding is worth it for me. Also, I can accept kids acting dumb. When adults do the same things, I have no patience. Kids, I can teach them how to avoid those behaviors. Adults don't take too kindly to that.

stlwooter

killingtime wrote:What about those wax chinese yo-yos? I use to love those!

?? do you mean waxed paper ones? Not blobs of wax?

killingtime

How about making a sheet of "seals"...like use their last initial..."M" and throwing one of your fractal images behind it...

killingtime

stlwooter wrote:

?? do you mean waxed paper ones? Not blobs of wax?

How old are you? Were you born in a barn? Ever go on any field trips?

acemom

stlwooter wrote:

Been brewer, computer tech, maintenance, among other things. Kids can be amazingly frustrating, but the feeling when a student reaches a new level of understanding is worth it for me. Also, I can accept kids acting dumb. When adults do the same things, I have no patience. Kids, I can teach them how to avoid those behaviors. Adults don't take too kindly to that.

i just couldn't take the behavior issues. I am 5'2" and maybe 115 lbs soaking wet. My middle school students out-weighed me and challenged me too much. I apparently am not an authority figure.

stlwooter

killingtime wrote:How about making a sheet of "seals"...like use their last initial..."M" and throwing one of your fractal images behind it...

Cool idea. I have to go to bed now. Thank you for the great ideas, and I will pick up this thread in the AM. I have to finish reports tomorrow.

Nighty

acemom

stlwooter wrote:

Cool idea. I have to go to bed now. Thank you for the great ideas, and I will pick up this thread in the AM. I have to finish reports tomorrow.

Nighty

night, stl!!

killingtime

acemom wrote:
i just couldn't take the behavior issues. I am 5'2" and maybe 115 lbs soaking wet. My middle school students out-weighed me and challenged me too much. I apparently am not an authority figure.

It took me 2 years before I commanded the respect I deserved. You have to become comfortable in your own skin. The adults wanted to be "your friend." I had to figure out how to separate myself out.

killingtime

stlwooter wrote:

Nighty

Night, good luck, chuck.

it is getting kind of late for this...

stlwooter

killingtime wrote:

How old are you? Were you born in a barn? Ever go on any field trips?

No I am just very tired.

You mean these

not these

As to the barn, age and fieldtrips; nope, guess, all the time (just took the kids swiming at lake cochituate (sp?))

acemom

killingtime wrote:

Night, good luck, chuck.

it is getting kind of late for this...

crap, I am still wide awake.
Oh well, I'll find something else to do if y'all leave.....

killingtime

acemom wrote:
crap, I am still wide awake.
Oh well, I'll find something else to do if y'all leave.....

I'm here...not as wide awake as you are...

killingtime

stlwooter wrote:

No I am just very tired.

You mean these

not these

As to the barn, age and fieldtrips; nope, guess, all the time (just took the kids swiming at lake cochituate (sp?))

Yes first, not second.

acemom

killingtime wrote:

I'm here...not as wide awake as you are...

it's OK.
Just, last summer there were wooters (a lot of em) here every night, even late.
I miss those days.

don'twantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages don'twantaname

Volunteer Moderator

stlwooter wrote:

heh, I have put quite a bit of work into this wedding already. I hand sewn all the invitations among many other things. We pretty much split the labor between us, though she does more of the calling during business hours since I am an elementary teacher and find it hard to get to the phone with class going on. I really like the bulb ideas, and other posts have started me thinking. This is the creative juice I was looking for. Right now I am pretty brain-fried after three solid days of writing student reports. I was hoping to be done today, but tomorrow is another day. Sorry if you got the impression I was blowing off your ideas. I am very glad to receive them.

Not very exciting, but the one everyone liked at the last wedding I went to was chocolate covered pretzels.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
don'twantaname wrote:

Not very exciting, but the one everyone liked at the last wedding I went to was chocolate covered pretzels.

Yummy, but not that special.

Still single, can't imagine why.

acemom

don'twantaname wrote:

heya, dont, you enjoying your vacation??

killingtime

Well, well, well...D'Name and Fen show up at the same time...

Hmmm...

Maybe Fen is D'Name's stalker!

FenStar

So far, the only idea I have is an memory foam toilet seat.

FenStar

killingtime wrote:Well, well, well...D'Name and Fen show up at the same time...

Hmmm...

Maybe Fen is D'Name's stalker!

Maby i just like to talk to D'name.

killingtime

Should we move over to PWA or Dorks so this guy can get actual advice without having to weed through our stuff?

FenStar

killingtime wrote:Should we move over to PWA or Dorks so this guy can get actual advice without having to weed through our stuff?

I suppose...

acemom

FenStar wrote:So far, the only idea I have is an memory foam toilet seat.

LOL, nice wedding favor idea.

Fool.

killingtime

acemom wrote:
LOL, nice wedding favor idea.

Fool.

He might have something there...

You have everyone sit on the foam...it imprints their butt cheek and then you spray hardener on it and you hang it on the bride and groom's bedroom wall...like art...or something...

acemom

killingtime wrote:

He might have something there...

You have everyone sit on the foam...it imprints their butt cheek and then you spray hardener on it and you hang it on the bride and groom's bedroom wall...like art...or something...

Good heavens.

*shudder*

don'twantaname

Volunteer Moderator

killingtime wrote:

It took me 2 years before I commanded the respect I deserved. You have to become comfortable in your own skin. The adults wanted to be "your friend." I had to figure out how to separate myself out.

Was duct tape involved?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

don'twantaname

Volunteer Moderator

acemom wrote:
heya, dont, you enjoying your vacation??

It was sunny and nice today. So far so good. Survived the KT visit. Took a bunch of pictures that I will never be able to post. Had two lobsters so far. And the internet connection is working tonight!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

don'twantaname wrote:

It was sunny and nice today. So far so good. Survived the KT visit. Took a bunch of pictures that I will never be able to post. Had two lobsters so far. And the internet connection is working tonight!

Move to PWA!