quality posts: 3690 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out this solid review over at walmart.com

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Crayola Jumbo Bath Dropz 5-Pack
Price: $9.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Jul 15 to Wednesday, Jul 16) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

mabad1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mabad1

Is this chemical safe for kids?

dacrete

quality posts: 135 Private Messages dacrete

I need some grand-kids!

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

Kids don't need special products to color and bubble bath-water.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I don't need no help turning my bath water yellow

mweav6387

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mweav6387

Walmart has them at $1.37 per bag for the same product. Way to go Woot!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
mweav6387 wrote:Walmart has them at $1.37 per bag for the same product. Way to go Woot!

of the giant ones or the regular one?

Souka

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Souka

any fragrance? or just color?

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

They look like lemon jawbreakers.
Do they taste good ?

mweav6387

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mweav6387
CowboyDann wrote:of the giant ones or the regular one?

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Crayola-Jumbo-Bath-Dropz-Bath-Fizzies-2.12-oz/24008072

$1.37(Individual) x 5 = $6.85

Woot $9.99 (5 pack) + $5.00s/h = $14.99

Is the convenience of getting them mailed to you in 5-8 business days worth $8.14?

[MOD: Out of stock online; only in limited stores.]

mazibet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazibet
mweav6387 wrote:http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Crayola-Jumbo-Bath-Dropz-Bath-Fizzies-2.12-oz/24008072

Is the convenience of getting them mailed to you in 5-8 business days worth $8.14?

Well, considering they are out of stock online according to your link, they just might be worth it. Who knows when they will become available again. Maybe these are a hot commodity in the kids' bath market. They look like fun! If I buy three sets, it brings it down to $2.33 a packet. Not too terrible a premium to pay for the joy of a colorful fizzy bath for the kiddos.

grsolco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grsolco
mweav6387 wrote:http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Crayola-Jumbo-Bath-Dropz-Bath-Fizzies-2.12-oz/24008072

Woot pricing is just getting worse and worse.

mckee1016

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mckee1016

It's absolutely worth it if it means I don't have to step foot into the local Wal-Mart.

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

How many packages of 5 do I have to buy to change the color of my heated pool? I am positive it will have no ill affect on the walls or the pump.

TXAG96

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TXAG96

Were these used in the making of Avatar or the Smurfs movie? If not, I'll keep looking.

dieselmh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dieselmh
ceagee wrote:They look like lemon jawbreakers.
Do they taste good ?

The one I tried tasted like blue, then red, then purple. Would not eat again.

dieselmh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dieselmh

I just buy the normal ones that don't change color, in blue. Then, when my kid gets tired of blue water, I pee in the tub and make it turn green. DADDY IS MAGIC!

ertolsma

quality posts: 13 Private Messages ertolsma

I was about to order these when I saw this disclaimer at the walmart link above: "Rinse with fresh, warm water after bathing."

So when you use these you have to drain the tub at the end while your kid sits there shivering and then run the warm water again. Think I'll pass.

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup

First I read: "non toxic and safe for kids"

then I read:
Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Amylodextrin, Sodium Carbonate, Fumaric Acid, Lactose, PEG-12 Fragrance.
May Contain: Red-33, Blue-1, Yellow-5
Country of Origin: China

I'm not so sure. I buy my LO bath bombs from lush. I know they're safe. Sure, they're a lot more expensive but we break them apart and use them for more than one bath.

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

harrys31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harrys31

While looking up this one in Amazon found this other similar product with a lot of good reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Play-Visions-Crayola-Bath-Dropz/dp/B00009KWTB/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ertolsma wrote:I was about to order these when I saw this disclaimer at the walmart link above: "Rinse with fresh, warm water after bathing."

So when you use these you have to drain the tub at the end while your kid sits there shivering and then run the warm water again. Think I'll pass.

FWIW, I always rinsed my son in warm water (or by turning the shower on) to get soap off of him. You can't get all the soap off if you're sitting in it. It kept him from having itchy skin.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

boomn4x4

quality posts: 14 Private Messages boomn4x4
ertolsma wrote:I was about to order these when I saw this disclaimer at the walmart link above: "Rinse with fresh, warm water after bathing."

Your kid just soaked in soapy scummy bath water for 15 minutes...If that was your concern, then shouldn't you be rinsing them off anyway?

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

boomn4x4

harrys31 wrote:While looking up this one in Amazon found this other similar product with a lot of good reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Play-Visions-Crayola-Bath-Dropz/dp/B00009KWTB/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

We keep those in stock at home, gets used pretty much every night for bath time. They do work just fine and get a good review from me, but they are different than the product here. This product at Woot are color changing, when you put them in the water, they start one color then change to two different colors. I'm sure you could accomplish the same thing by just tossing in a different colored tab at regular intervals, but what fun is that?

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

boomn4x4

finzup wrote:First I read: "non toxic and safe for kids"

then I read:
Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Amylodextrin, Sodium Carbonate, Fumaric Acid, Lactose, PEG-12 Fragrance.

Contains coumarins(aprigravin, celerin, osthenol) and coumarin glycosides, including bergapten, apiumoside, apiumetin, vellein, celereoin, nodakenin, and celereoside; also, pthalide glycosides (celephtalides A–C), sesquiterpenoid glucosides (celeriosides A–E), phthalides (senkyunolide-J and -N), 3′-methoxy apiin, tryptophan, d-limonene (ca. 60%) and other limonene-type terpenes4selinene (ca. 10%), and about 3% phthalides. Other constituents include santalol, α- and β-eudesmol, dihydrocarvone, and fatty acids (linoleic, palmitic, petroselinic, stearic, oleic acids, etc.) 3-n-butyl phthalide, sedanenolide (3-n-butyl-4,5-dihydrophthalide), sedanolide, and sedanonic anhydride.

= the chemical components of celery.

Don't fall victim to "buzz words". The ingredients are entirely non-toxic and safe.

LurkerDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LurkerDan

Let me get this straight, a "5 pack" means 5 balls total? For $15? So each bath -- something most kids get almost every night -- costs $3? Having a kid is expensive, but I don't need to go out of my way to make it more expensive. I've been happy with this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001250T76/ 100 ct for $15, just a wee bit cheaper. Yes, yes, it doesn't change color, but it's also 20 times cheaper. Read that again: 20 times cheaper.

iadams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iadams

Every bottle of bubble bath and every pack of fizzies I have at my house says the same thing. Rinsing after a bubble bath is especially important for little girls. Even if you use gentle, organic, all natural stuff do you really want to leave that on their skin? Do you really want to leave it on their sensitive bits?

marquis1photo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marquis1photo

My son has sensitive skin and there is no issues with these. When bath is over and while letting water out, we rinse them with the shower hose and out they go. Same as any bubble, or goo bath.

Buckycubes and misc kids.woots.
I love woot-offs

LATexan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LATexan

I'm confused. Is it 5 packages with 5 balls per package, or is it one package with 5 balls only? If its 5 packages with 5 balls each, then its a good deal. If its one package of 5 balls for $15.00, that's insane!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

LATexan wrote:I'm confused. Is it 5 packages with 5 balls per package, or is it one package with 5 balls only? If its 5 packages with 5 balls each, then its a good deal. If its one package of 5 balls for $15.00, that's insane!

You are getting 5 packs. There is one huge ball in each pack.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Trishlovesdolphins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Trishlovesdolphins

I put these in my son's bath all the time. He had pretty sensitive skin when he was a baby too. He's never had any reaction to them. The tub rinses out just fine and doesn't stain, and it doesn't dye fabrics. I do recommend either putting it in before they get into the bath, or waiting until they are old enough that they don't want to pick up the tablets and put them in their mouths.

I survived the great battery woot off of 4/1/08

mutatedbrain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mutatedbrain
harrys31 wrote:While looking up this one in Amazon found this other similar product with a lot of good reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Play-Visions-Crayola-Bath-Dropz/dp/B00009KWTB/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Try this
http://www.amazon.com/Color-My-Bath-Changing-300-Piece/dp/B004813L0S/ref=pd_sim_hpc_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=12HFE6G1RYS6E7BY1MAG

better reviews and a lot more combos of big and small

11/13/2007 Belkin Power Supply (Sellout.woot)
10/22/2007 Brown Zune
7/24/2007 Sandisk 512MB Ultra II SD
6/16/2007 Hamilton Beach BlenderChef
4/30/2007 Sony NW-S705 (Pink)

Gladeye

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Gladeye
mabad1 wrote:Is this chemical safe for kids?

Probably not, or it wouldn't be marketed for them.

ricka182

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ricka182
finzup wrote:First I read: "non toxic and safe for kids"

then I read:

Sodium Bicarbonate - Baking Soda, probably just a filler or to help the fizzy effect.

Citric Acid - To help stabalize with the dyeing.

Amylodextrin - Starch used for binding.

Sodium Carbonate - Soda Ash, binding agent as well.

Fumuric Acid - Used to set a dye.

Lactose - Another stabilizer

PEG12 - Fragrance.

Dyes - Used in so many products, tested plenty of times.

...i remain, he who remains to be...

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup
ricka182 wrote:Sodium Bicarbonate - Baking Soda, probably just a filler or to help the fizzy effect.

Citric Acid - To help stabalize with the dyeing.

Amylodextrin - Starch used for binding.

Sodium Carbonate - Soda Ash, binding agent as well.

Fumuric Acid - Used to set a dye.

Lactose - Another stabilizer

PEG12 - Fragrance.

Dyes - Used in so many products, tested plenty of times.

thx for looking all that up. but just because you described them , it doesn't make them safe. The dyes are made from petroleum. I don't want my LO bathing in a petroleum by product. As far as some acid used for "setting the dye" , I'm sorry that just doesn't sound safe.

Plenty of things in this day and age are marketed towards children and are definitely not safe (or they are at least not proven to be safe long term).

Just my .02

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

Mumbler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mumbler

These would be hilarious for pranking someone. Particularly with the yellow one! Heh heh heh...

klein103

quality posts: 6 Private Messages klein103

7/22 and still not shipped, pretty slow woot

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

klein103 wrote:7/22 and still not shipped, pretty slow woot

Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-8 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that).

We recommend that if you don't see any tracking updates/activity by tomorrow, to please write into support@woot.com and let them know.

rscurfiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rscurfiss

I got these as a surprise for my 3-year-old son. Surprise! It sits in the tub and bubbles...it looks like it's going to change colors. After about 20 minutes, though, it just looks like the color is kind of bleeding out to the edge of the ball.

We've used the little color drops by Crayola lots of times and they actually dissolve. So I figured these would as well. I put it in a hot bowl of water to see if it ever did anything. It's been an hour now and the water finally has a slight pink tint to it.

I think next time I will try boiling the bath water - maybe that way it will actually dissolve. That's safer for my son since it sanitizes him from germs, right? Or maybe I'll just start giving him 3-4 hour baths.

Unless you boil your children while you bathe them or their baths average 3 hours, I would not recommend this product.

EDIT: Um...turns out I am "intellectually challenged." There is a plastic wrapper that was very difficult to see on the first ball I opened. Removal of said wrapper, surprisingly enough, makes a rather large difference. These work great and our son loves them. Thankfully, I posted my review well after the item was no longer available.