5%
10%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3789 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and great reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at toysrus.com

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Kids Tablet w/Case
Price: $124.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jul 14 to Tuesday, Jul 15) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/25/2014 - $129.99 (Woot-off) - 5 comment(s)

7/1/2014 - $129.99 (Woot Plus)
6/24/2014 - $129.99 (Woot Plus)
6/10/2014 - $129.99 (Woot Plus)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Some of you wooters have bought this before. Quality posts to those that give us some quality personal reviews.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ugrasse2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ugrasse2

I should get one just for the 18 weeks of web browsing (3005.4h!). But by what definition is 1024x600 considered "HD"?? Need at least 1280x720 for that, no?

sykl0ps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sykl0ps
ugrasse2 wrote:I should get one just for the 18 weeks of web browsing (3005.4h!). But by what definition is 1024x600 considered "HD"?? Need at least 1280x720 for that, no?

Seems like anything over 640x480 is what they'll call HD.

giolee88

quality posts: 17 Private Messages giolee88

Equivalent pixel density. You're dealing with a smaller display, hence no need to attempt to squeeze in all the pixels of a standard height screen.

strohminator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages strohminator

We bought these for our kids a few months ago (with the bigger case that has the stylus and stand). The kids love it and they certainly don't care about the pixel density.

There is a nice selection of kids games that come with the tablet, and the video player is fantastic -- it has a "lock" feature that almost eliminates errant clicks which exit the app. Parental controls are nice also.

ManBehindPlan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ManBehindPlan

I picked this up last time it went around - my 10-year-old just killed a 3.6" Samsung android device.

I did not even get to turn it on before he snatched it out of my hands and configured it. By the time I looked around, he had broken out of the "little kid" mode and started installing all sorts of games on from Amazon and the Play store.

Things he likes about it (as he stands behind me):

• It has a nice big screen (of course, if you migrated from a 3.6" screen, you would think it big too)
  • I can put it in "baby mode" before giving it to another kid
  • It comes with a case
  • The color is really cool
  • It has a lot of space for games
  • The camera is a nice big one so you can zoom in and out

I would say the best thing for me - my tablet now stays a lot cleaner, especially on long trips where he watches movies on it.

By the way, Woot - these Seagate External Wifi Drives are worth their weight in gold for long drives, and are the best way to stream all their movies to tablets. Pretty please?

rustynme2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rustynme2

I bought one of these for my 3 y/o. It took me about 4 hours to set it up and put all the apps and movies I wanted her to have on it. But we'll worth the time. She absolutely loves it. It's great for the car rides and when we are waiting (in)patiently at a restaurant she just plays her games. I had a Samsung galaxy 10.1 so and a note 3 so I am used to the interface though. So worth the money. I do suggest you by screen protectors at the same time so you can have one in place before you turn it over to you animal...I mean kid.

giolee88

quality posts: 17 Private Messages giolee88

Is the OS upgradeable to kitkat & beyond?

rustynme2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rustynme2
giolee88 wrote:Is the OS upgradeable to kitkat & beyond?

I don't think so.http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-T2105 this is a website that shows the updates/firmware available.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 91 Private Messages oakenspirit

I bought this last time it was around for my three year old- She adores it. In fact, she prefers a couple of the games that came with it over ones I bought thinking she'd love em.

We just drove back and forth from SC to PA and my lil daughter was happy as a clam looking at books, singing, or playing on this thing.

Great purchase- essential part of our reward system now- heh

bringitonhome

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bringitonhome

Last week my 6-year-old chose to spend his bday money on this tablet to replace his long-abandoned Nabi and my own constantly borrowed tablets. It has succeeded remarkably on all fronts. Along with a set of headphones, he has been consistently entertained by it, and I get full use of my tablets for the first time. Win-win!

solisceron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages solisceron

We own 2 of these. Purchased refurb within the past 3-6 months.

The included bumper helps with grip and does a good job protecting the tab from falls or from slipping if leaned up against something, but I ended up replacing the orange bumpers on both our tabs with flip cases that have stands since my kids often use their tabs to watch videos and it was just easier for them.

I bought a 64GB MicroSD card for each tab, loaded them up with the kids favorite movies and youtube videos and set it up so all content they create on the tab is saved to the card. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to get apps to load onto the external SD card. 8GB runs out fast, and my kids have taken to temporarily uninstalling apps to make space for their other apps to work properly then removing that one and reinstalling whatever app they want to use next. It really stinks when we're traveling or don't have Wi-Fi readily available b/c then they can't reinstall the apps they removed. I would be annoyed if I had to do that, but the kids just roll with it.

As for the standard mode vs kid mode: you can only access the preinstalled apps from kid mode. The apps are fun and cute and kidsafe and will keep your child entertained. Kid mode itself has really cute backgrounds and cute music. My kids had 10" Xoom and Asus tabs before they got these cute Samsung kid tablets so they already owned a bunch of games/apps from Google and Amazon. They love the kid mode interface, but for better or worse, their regular apps are not so easily accessible from kid mode since kid mode limits how many apps can be displayed. After a couple months of typing in my passcode several times a day to get them from kid screen to parent screen and back so they could use the different apps whenever they want, I wound up giving each of them their own easy-to-remember passcodes to toggle back and forth between screens on their own without having to come find me every time. I still consider this tab a great deal. My kids love their tabs b/c they're small and cute and easy to carry around on their own. I love the fact that the tab works really well and has a great price tag.

kskingsley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kskingsley
solisceron wrote:

The included bumper helps with grip and does a good job protecting the tab from falls or from slipping if leaned up against something.

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to get apps to load onto the external SD card.

As for the standard mode vs kid mode: you can only access the preinstalled apps from kid mode. The apps are fun and cute and kidsafe and will keep your child entertained. Kid mode itself has really cute backgrounds and cute music. My kids had 10" Xoom and Asus tabs before they got these cute Samsung kid tablets so they already owned a bunch of games/apps from Google and Amazon. They love the kid mode interface, but for better or worse, their regular apps are not so easily accessible from kid mode since kid mode limits how many apps can be displayed. After a couple months of typing in my passcode several times a day to get them from kid screen to parent screen and back so they could use the different apps whenever they want.

Actually, kids can access any of the apps that you allow them to. Just go into the parent settings and select which apps them can use. The cards are just on the main screen of the kid view. Kids have access to as many apps as you allow through the little app button on the lower left of the screen. My son currently has 54 apps enabled, but you can only have 20 cards at a time.

You cannot move apps to the SD card (Thanks, Samsung) a known issue with this version of Android and Samsung devices. Hopefully it'll get an update at some point.

One issue we have is that the internal clock loses time. It's a known issue with the tab 3 7" devices. It's annoying, but otherwise not a real issue.

My son loves it(10). It provided blissful silence over the 19 hour (each way) drive from VA to MN and back. I do make him use kid mode so that he doesn't mess with the settings or change the password (thank goodness for ipod backups).

We have it set to my google account and his so that we can share apps and music.

Really, great item for the price.

slrothen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slrothen

Bought this in July - stopped working in September. 90 Day Warranty so I still may be able to get it repaired - if I can figure out how to.

slrothen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slrothen

Item broke - woot said it was a samsung warranty. Spent about an hour on the phone with Samsung - only to be told it was another company that deals with it - The refurbishing, support, and service is performed by Nuko. Please reach Nuko at 973-835-7070.