quality posts: 3658 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to learn all about Rainbow Resource Center

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Magformers 26-Piece Rainbow Set
Price: $24.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Jul 02 to Thursday, Jul 03) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

boingo82

quality posts: 8 Private Messages boingo82

We have a Magformers set from Woot already. These are FANTASTIC. The neodymium magnets are strong enough to hold geometric constructions together - you can pick up the 'ball' shape without it falling apart, can't kick it though - and are very fun to snap together into different configurations. The magnets spin freely inside to orient themselves N-S as needed.

These are priced higher than a lot of other magnet toys, because the magnets are fully encased in plastic and cannot come out of the toy without obvious breakage. In other toys, it's possible for the magnets to pop out, and if your kid swallows a few they can die a horrible death of intestinal perforation.

Magformers don't have that issue. The magnet can't come out unless a piece is completely, obviously broken. I have 4 busy kids and they have not yet broken any of our Magformers. I feel that these are the safest magnet toy I've seen.

yiftach

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yiftach
boingo82 wrote:... and if your kid swallows a few they can die a horrible death of intestinal perforation.

Boy, that escalated quickly.

I just came in here to say what a great find this is. We have some Magnatiles at home, but our son played with Magformers at a friend's house a couple of months ago and couldn't get enough, so we're in for at least one set.

mfaughn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mfaughn

We have a bunch of these and they are totally awesome. Kids love them.

Note thought that there are sets that are come out to about the same price $1/piece on Amazon if you get Prime shipping. This doesn't seem to be much of a deal here, especially with shipping.

johnny9k

quality posts: 3 Private Messages johnny9k

We have several sets of these and I highly recommend them. With four kids who like to build things and then crash them, these have held up remarkably well. Not a single break. Note: one set is not enough. You'll want to get several of these.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

Can anyone tell me if these are suitable for a 14-month old?

boingo82

quality posts: 8 Private Messages boingo82
yiftach wrote:Boy, that escalated quickly.

I just came in here to say what a great find this is. We have some Magnatiles at home, but our son played with Magformers at a friend's house a couple of months ago and couldn't get enough, so we're in for at least one set.

Yeah, sorry for being morbid but it's happened several times already. Products like Magnetix have the magnet exposed at the edge where it can pop loose from the casing more easily, and kids do put them in their mouths.

suebob4001

quality posts: 1 Private Messages suebob4001
mfaughn wrote:We have a bunch of these and they are totally awesome. Kids love them.

Note thought that there are sets that are come out to about the same price $1/piece on Amazon if you get Prime shipping. This doesn't seem to be much of a deal here, especially with shipping.

What am I missing? I did the math at Amazon, aprox. $1.30 each, Prime saves about 17 cents

astevenscr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages astevenscr
suebob4001 wrote:What am I missing? I did the math at Amazon, aprox. $1.30 each, Prime saves about 17 cents

Depending on the set (I agree that most will probably want more than this one set - we got our kids a much larger set and I'm still thinking about possibly getting more) the price can be a little less. Also, I have (very rarely) seen sales on Amazon that dropped the price below $1 a piece, so if you're patient, it might be worth waiting and watching.

diemlinh7

quality posts: 9 Private Messages diemlinh7

I thought the same thing when I checked last night but it looks like the $1/piece is for "classic" sets, not "rainbow" sets. I guess if you're into a variety of colors Woot offers a slight savings over amazon. (The rainbow set on amazon is $39.95 for 30 pieces)

azuroth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages azuroth
sonofafish wrote:Can anyone tell me if these are suitable for a 14-month old?

My daughter loved them at 18 months when she got a hold of them. She loved them enough that we ordered a couple sets, one for the house and one for grandma's.

aerosaaber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerosaaber

We've got a couple sets of these. My son loves them, allows for very imaginative play. If we didn't already have this set I'd probably order it.