zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

KidKraft Airport Express Train Table
Price: $129.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, May 09 to Wednesday, May 14) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3154 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out the product page and solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) over at amazon

jmunger

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jmunger

In our family, we have discovered that there's nothing more awesome than a train table that doesn't belong to us.

The one we have? It never gets played with.

Skanning

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Skanning
jmunger wrote:In our family, we have discovered that there's nothing more awesome than a train table that doesn't belong to us.

I'm impressed that you're so wise so early in your parenthood. :-) Also, watch out for things other children own that your children seem to love...as a parent who wants to purchase the loved item for your children for the next gift-giving occasion, you will find that they're not nearly as thrilled as you thought they'd be. They've already moved on to something else :-( Been there way too many times to count.

junk4thefords

quality posts: 1 Private Messages junk4thefords
jmunger wrote:In our family, we have discovered that there's nothing more awesome than a train table that doesn't belong to us.

We have two young kids, 3 and 18 months, and I find they're both drawn to the train table all the time. I think it's best for times when we can play with them at their current ages but do expect it to be a toy they grow into as their dexterity and cognitive skills improve and they will be able to build their own tracks.

Also, I've found simpler tracks draw them in more right now than those with all the tunnels and hills - I think because they can more easily maneuver the cars through it - and my 3 year old loves placing all the buildings in and around it.

We will have the train table long after many other toys have come and gone...

Kenundrum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kenundrum

According to reviews i'm reading, this set is mostly compatible with Thomas and Friends trains. Cause really, that's what every kid actually wants to use.
There are a few that mention that certain trains don't quite fit all the way down into the grooves of the track. The general consensus is that the standard wooden trains are the best, the motorized and any die-cast are pretty good but might have slight issues. Also a good point is that based on the photos, the tracks themselves appear to have the exact same connectors as thomas tracks so you should be able to mix and match with the real deal as far as the tracks. Most parents tell me to find a good deal on the tracks and shell out for the thomas and friends trains and other rolling stock. This seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Now if only i can convince the wife...

Xchoppers

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers
Kenundrum wrote:According to reviews i'm reading, this set is mostly compatible with Thomas and Friends trains. Cause really, that's what every kid actually wants to use.
There are a few that mention that certain trains don't quite fit all the way down into the grooves of the track. The general consensus is that the standard wooden trains are the best, the motorized and any die-cast are pretty good but might have slight issues. Also a good point is that based on the photos, the tracks themselves appear to have the exact same connectors as thomas tracks so you should be able to mix and match with the real deal as far as the tracks. Most parents tell me to find a good deal on the tracks and shell out for the thomas and friends trains and other rolling stock. This seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Now if only i can convince the wife...

If you check Kids Woot frequently, you can find some amazing deals on Thomas Trains & Rolling Stock

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

This is actually a really great table and a pretty good deal. And while it's true they might not love it as a train table all the time, it does get used for fashion shows, impromptu tea parties, a step stool, a craft table, a lego table and the drawer is great for hiding your keys.

Please consider voting for my shirts:

Anhaga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Anhaga
Kenundrum wrote:According to reviews i'm reading, this set is mostly compatible with Thomas and Friends trains. Cause really, that's what every kid actually wants to use.

I can confirm that this set works fine with the wooden Thomas and Friends--that's mostly what my older son (4) has, and we bought the light finish version of this table a year or two ago.

That's the good thing about this table. The bad things: first, all of those exciting buildings and other non-track bits? Your kids won't give a piece of dried dog poo about them, and will likely step on them and spread them all over the room, turning it into a hazard for bare adult feet. Second, the drawers for this table are cruddy and fall apart very easily under normal use (i.e., Dear Older Son was not trying to use them as springboards or anything of that kind). They started sagging and coming off their tracks simply when they had tracks and trains stored in them. So don't expect the drawers to last.