7%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3119 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and very good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at toysrus.com

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

The First Years B540 Booster - 2 Colors
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Apr 30 to Monday, May 05) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

Check out some reviews from Walmart

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

erikafaye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erikafaye

I had this in my cart until I checked out http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/child-boosters/search-by-brand?brand=The%20First%20Years and found out it has a questionable safety rating. This is a deal l will pass on.

arhuizenga

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arhuizenga
erikafaye wrote:I had this in my cart until I checked out http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/child-boosters/search-by-brand?brand=The%20First%20Years and found out it has a questionable safety rating. This is a deal l will pass on.

How did you determine the B540 has a questionable safety rating? The link you provided indicates that the IIHS had variex results depending on the size of the child, but that doesn't necessarily mean the results are bad.

Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn
erikafaye wrote:I had this in my cart until I checked out http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/child-boosters/search-by-brand?brand=The%20First%20Years and found out it has a questionable safety rating. This is a deal l will pass on.

I have done some retailing and a little manufacturing of consumer products and I honestly wonder why any company in their right mind makes car seats, cribs or anything for infants and small kids.

There is almost a 100% chance that SOME kids will find ways to harm themselves and then there are parents who do not use the items properly.

Hurt kid + outraged parents + lawyers = more than I would ever risk as a manufacturer.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

seanandkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seanandkat

I didn't follow this link, but disagree with making swooping safety claims about this company. I have 2 of their C670 car seats - and (after plenty of research) purchased them specifically ***for*** their 5-star awards for safety and ease of use. We love them! My kids are 1 and 3, and small, so boosters are a while off still for us, but I'd recommend for anyone in the market.

Heatherkenyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Heatherkenyon

Highest rated high back booster seat by Consumer Reports. In for one.

mdickinson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mdickinson
seanandkat wrote:My kids are 1 and 3, and small, so boosters are a while off still for us, but I'd recommend for anyone in the market.

Please be sure to keep them both rear-facing until age 4!

Ever since I did my car seat installer training, I always share these two videos with any parents who have young ones. They are useful in considering what age to change the car seat to front facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PKuNJujMYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8gU9zzCGA8

It's the parents' decision of course, but often times people don't have all the info, and end up turning the seat front facing at an age much younger than safety would indicate.

Another safety problem I often see is when a child age 5, 6, or 7 is sitting in a booster seat like the one being sold here, when they would be MUCH safer in a conventional car seat with a 5-point seat belt. The difference in injury during a crash is startling.

I think if people knew how much better protected their child would be (in a rear facing seat until age 4; and in a 5-point front-facing seat from age 4 until 8) they would not hesitate to buy the correct seat and get it installed correctly.

David2117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages David2117

Please be sure to keep them both rear-facing until age 4!

Really? Our state mandates age 1 they can be turned around. Our son is 3 and he is too long and wouldn't fit in rear-facing. Funny how all these ideas and rules come up but magically we all survived without these rules.

lemmings4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemmings4u
David2117 wrote:Please be sure to keep them both rear-facing until age 4!

Really? Our state mandates age 1 they can be turned around. Our son is 3 and he is too long and wouldn't fit in rear-facing. Funny how all these ideas and rules come up but magically we all survived without these rules.

You are right you did survive without being rear faced until 4. How many severe car accidents were you in? Probably none, most kids would survive without any car seats because most people will not experience a life threatening accident in their lifetime. That line of reasoning isn't very sound.

Having said that ALL people adults, children,and infants. Are safer in a 5 point harness. Unfortunately, there aren't very many adult 5 point harness options, but there are for children. They should stay harnessed as long as possible and hopefully they will never experience a fatal-level accident and it will never matter.