zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

3D Interactive AR Fabric Learning Charts
Price: $17.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 One-Day OR $9 Two-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Apr 21 to Tuesday, Apr 22) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

brucem105

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brucem105

I'm confused. This is $16.99 on Amazon, with free Prime shipping. It does not come with the 3D app, but according to the Woot ad the app is free.

So $1 less and free shipping on Amazon, and then you download the free app.

Am I missing something here?

[MOD: That's laminate paper. Ours is fabric.]

lichme

quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

BPL5683

quality posts: 25 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

brucem105 wrote:I'm confused. This is $16.99 on Amazon, with free Prime shipping. It does not come with the 3D app, but according to the Woot ad the app is free.

Yes, you're looking at the paper charts. These are the fabric ones. They are $34.99 regularly. Be sure to read the features and specs for more details.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I was intrigued until I saw no Kindle app. My son has a Kindle Fire HD. I know you can side-load Google apps, but it needs to be native to work in Kindle FreeTime.

drberna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drberna
JRRB wrote:I was intrigued until I saw no Kindle app. My son has a Kindle Fire HD. I know you can side-load Google apps, but it needs to be native to work in Kindle FreeTime.

Bummer. I was trying to figure out if it worked with kindle fire

BPL5683

quality posts: 25 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

Review of the Solar System Chart:

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

PoparToys

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PoparToys
brucem105 wrote:I'm confused. This is $16.99 on Amazon, with free Prime shipping. It does not come with the 3D app, but according to the Woot ad the app is free.

I am one of the creators of this product and I am more than happy to answer any questions that someone may have. These are great charts that are amazing learning tools for kids. It really keeps kids engaged with the games, 3D animations, videos, read-alongs and more. It appeals to all types of learners as well.

The fabric version is way more durable than the paper version. It is machine washable, flame retardant, and can be used either on the wall or ground.

PoparToys

Yes the application is FREE and is included. It will work with Apple and Android devices. It brings the chart to life and is pretty amazing!

PoparToys

BPL5683 wrote:Review of the Solar System Chart:

He mentions that it works on just Apple, it works on Android as well. The app is free.

PoparToys

If anyone has any questions about this product or how it works, I have all the answers.

matet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matet
PoparToys wrote:If anyone has any questions about this product or how it works, I have all the answers.

Sir or Ma'am, since you have all the answers. I have a question. On the map, why is there an igloo picture in Antarctica? Igloos are only seen in the Arctic. Even my 5 year old son knows that. Hopefully that is the only information that is incorrect on your educational product. Children would be learning the information put on your product.

PoparToys

matet wrote:Sir or Ma'am, since you have all the answers. I have a question. On the map, why is there an igloo picture in Antarctica? Igloos are only seen in the Arctic. Even my 5 year old son knows that. Hopefully that is the only information that is incorrect on your educational product. Children would be learning the information put on your product.

Thank you for your question. Since the picture is really hard to see on the website image, it may look like an igloo. It is in fact not an igloo, but rather an Antarctica Research Station. It is labeled Antarctica Research Station as well as the app providing video and read-along fun facts.

PoparToys

matet wrote:Sir or Ma'am, since you have all the answers. I have a question. On the map, why is there an igloo picture in Antarctica? Igloos are only seen in the Arctic. Even my 5 year old son knows that. Hopefully that is the only information that is incorrect on your educational product. Children would be learning the information put on your product.

I just saw the image you are looking at which is the last one on the website. Please refer to all the other images as that is just a promotional graphic while the images above that are the actual chart image. Thanks for your question.

horseweany0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horseweany0

Why does your 5 year old know that? Kind of an arbitrary thing to know. Anyway, in for one; looks pretty cool for my 4 year old who does not know where all igloos are located.

matet

horseweany0 wrote:Why does your 5 year old know that? Kind of an arbitrary thing to know. Anyway, in for one; looks pretty cool for my 4 year old who does not know where all igloos are located.

Kids learn a lot from what they watch. And if you let them watch educational movies, they have a lot of potential. However, my son learned about the igloo by watching "Curious George".

matet

PoparToys wrote:Thank you for your question. Since the picture is really hard to see on the website image, it may look like an igloo. It is in fact not an igloo, but rather an Antarctica Research Station. It is labeled Antarctica Research Station as well as the app providing video and read-along fun facts.

It may be called anything but it still looked like an igloo. It is labeled as Antarctica Research Station, however, Antarctica Research Stations are tubular with triangular ends and most importantly they are on stilts. If you want to use the very few dome design, well, one looks like a golf ball and still on a stilt. The other dome shape station is with triangular walls. The picture on the item is not on a stilts and the walls are squared or rectangular in shape. Children's visual learning are impressive. Either they soak it like a sponge or they will correct you in a heart beat. A more precise representation on a learning tools are a must. As a parent, I do review what they learn. It's hard work but necessary.

matet

PoparToys wrote:I just saw the image you are looking at which is the last one on the website. Please refer to all the other images as that is just a promotional graphic while the images above that are the actual chart image. Thanks for your question.

The picture on Woot site is clearly looks like an igloo. I do apologize. I did went to your web site popartoys.com and saw a different image.

spitlerj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spitlerj

We recently received our order of both charts. Impressed with the quality of the chart construction and apps. Less impressed that the solar system chart shows the planets out of order (Saturn inside the orbit of Jupiter), NOT like the picture above (it also has the retired space shuttle in the middle of the picture). I've contacted the company directly. Not sure if this was an unadvertised "previous version" or what.