3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3107 Private Messages lichme

Wanna learn about Regaldo?

caryatid wrote:The last time these came up on Woot in Dec, we bought 2- and we love them. Each comes with 2 extensions that are different sizes, so you can fit wider doorways. Also, there is a lock on top that keeps small hands from opening it (but the gate will still close without engaging the lock if you want it to, for one handed opening.)

The 6yo can open it without any problems.

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

Regalo Home Accents Extra-Wide Walk Through Gate
Price: $34.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Friday, Apr 18 to Wednesday, Apr 23) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
1/22/2014 - $34.99 - 16 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

AgentSmith5150

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AgentSmith5150

That is so not her kid x.x

tantris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tantris

A "Walk-through" gate could also be called a "step-over", "bar-at-the-botom", or "watch-your-step"-gate.

A "swivel-open" http://kids.woot.com/offers/summer-infant-baby-gate-7996 doesn't have that problem. But on the other hand, with the step-through there is less gate to open.

Not a real problem for me. But it might be harder if it isn't your baby, but one of these babys woot keeps as props in the basement.

[MOD: A wall-to-wall bar is required in a pressure-mount gate. See my post below.]

Wootificator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wootificator

Am I the only one with an expectation that "extra-wide" means my fat butt will fit through without having to turn sideways and lift my panis* over it?!? That lady in the photo is rail-thin, and it looks like she is too wide to go through the gate without turning.

*No, I did not mistype "penis", it's a thing, look it up.

I can haz moar fireworkz please?

cbabcock2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cbabcock2

I bought these previously and I am very impressed with the quality of the finish on the metal and the accents. At $35 this was still cheaper than ALL the gate options at Lowes. The only thing I found at a lower cost were very cheaper wood gates. Installation was easy, but I would recommend "full" installation as my grown kids would knock the gates down.

Amazing value for the price!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wootificator wrote:Am I the only one with an expectation that "extra-wide" means my fat butt will fit through without having to turn sideways and lift my panis* over it?!? That lady in the photo is rail-thin, and it looks like she is too wide to go through the gate without turning.

And there we have our

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1
tantris wrote:A "Walk-through" gate could also be called a "step-over", "bar-at-the-botom", or "watch-your-step"-gate.

Thanks.I couldn't tell from the pics. A trip hazard for sure. Not good when carrying a baby through it.

333Matt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 333Matt
bsmith1 wrote:Thanks.I couldn't tell from the pics. A trip hazard for sure. Not good when carrying a baby through it.

And a double thanks from me for pointing that out too, since this is going at the top of the stairs that lead down to the studio where much beer is consumed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bsmith1 wrote:Thanks.I couldn't tell from the pics. A trip hazard for sure. Not good when carrying a baby through it.

You have to have some bar that goes from wall to wall with a pressure-mount gate. If not, the gate would fall down every time you opened it.

The only way to avoid a bottom bar is to get a gate that is designed to only be permanently mounted to the walls.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cbabcock2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cbabcock2

This definitely has the bar on the bottom and does not have a wide opening. The wide or extra wide wording is for the total length of the gate "system". It comes with two attachments that can be added individually or together to span an extra wide door opening. The opening itself is normal to small and can be inconvenient when your arms are filled with laundry or something else. Overall, amazing price for the quality, functionality and cons. I bought them for dogs and the kids are older, so they learned to deal with gates.

lisamaesie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisamaesie

How big is the gap between the door and the gate, right below her hand? I need a new/better gate to keep my cat downstairs at night (otherwise she meows loudly outside the bedroom door wanting to play, or comes in and jumps all over us at 3 AM and drops her toys on our faces) but if that's wide enough for her to squeeze through, it's not going to do me much good. It's hard to tell but it looks like it might be too big.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

I bought one of these last time. I'm a big guy (40" waist) and pretty much turn sideways or at least do a little juke move to get through it.

Word of caution: a smart one-year old will be able to push the bottom of the gate out of the doorway. I think we'll install the cups and see if this helps. Also, the entryway to our kitchen (where we're using it) is the max width acceptable under these specifications, and it just barely works. By barely I mean I wish the gate were wider.

Overall, though, we're pretty pleased with the purchase. It looks really great in the house, and the swinging door is just fine for my wife, until I raised it to keep the baby from kicking it out again, and she stubs her toe...

Wootificator wrote:Am I the only one with an expectation that "extra-wide" means my fat butt will fit through without having to turn sideways and lift my panis* over it?!? That lady in the photo is rail-thin, and it looks like she is too wide to go through the gate without turning.

jdubyakc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubyakc
lisamaesie wrote:How big is the gap between the door and the gate, right below her hand? I need a new/better gate to keep my cat downstairs at night (otherwise she meows loudly outside the bedroom door wanting to play, or comes in and jumps all over us at 3 AM and drops her toys on our faces) but if that's wide enough for her to squeeze through, it's not going to do me much good. It's hard to tell but it looks like it might be too big.

We have a 34" doorway opening and the biggest gap is 4". My cat easily squeezes between all the gaps.