quality posts: 3302 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Kiddy Adventure Pack - 3 Colors
Price: $89.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Apr 09 to Monday, Apr 14) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/6/2014 - $89.99 - 27 comment(s)
4/11/2013 - $99.99 - 13 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 10 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

Some Reviews and some more reviews

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

seankang76

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seankang76

bought this last year from woot. great balanced carrier. child loves it. a few shortcomings are: the canopy is weak and useless, there is no transparent canopy for rainy day hiking, and bulky. other than that, great carrier overall.

cosslett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosslett

If you are on the fence about buying this pack I suggest watching the video. You may think twice once you've seen that.

46 purchases and counting (still no Bag of Cuuuuuute! though)

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

Own this, bought in the last Woot, here's my thoughts:

1) That video is terrible...almost useless. I actually met with the CEO Alex and offered to produce some actual professional videos showing the use and functionality of this and their other products. I'm not sure that's really a big focus for them, so for now, we're going to have to settle on a vertically shot cell phone video that really doesn't do much to help describe the product.

2) This is easily the most functional and comfortable baby carrier I've ever put on. The value is pretty clear to me, especially on this Woot deal. Lots of storage room in the back, comfy for the kiddo, great great great.

3) My biggest issue is the adjustability. It is not easy to move the straps around. There are little strap "locks" on all the adjustable straps. I'm sure these are for the best possible safety, locking the straps and preventing any slippage, but the end result is a I feel like I really can't get the straps into the safest position before I get sick of it and give up. I ended up just completely removing the strap locks. I tested on the straps, pulling hard as I could after taking them off and I didn't see any slippage, and now the straps are all easy to adjust just like every other backpack in the world.

4) The small pocket on the waistband is almost unusable. Gonna try putting some graphite on the zipper maybe, but otherwise, the zipper is impossible for me to open/close with just one hand.

5) Color...the box actually lists color options as Silver, Blue and "Bordeaux" and not Burgundy. That's more helpful, because I balked at ordering a burgundy color last time and ordered silver - which was a mistake. Bordeaux is a better description, because it's mostly red, and really a nice color. I ended up swinging by Kiddy since it's nearby and swapping the silver out for red (Bordeaux). Make no mistake, the silver color is mostly white, which means you're gonna have to clean it if you don't want it looking dirty after putting it down on the ground once or twice.

Bottom line, once you remove the strap locks it's a million times more fun to use. My 9 m/o daughter loves riding in it. I haven't taken a super long hike in it, but we've got a full day hike planned next week and I have no doubt she's going to be comfy in this, and I will be too.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

In the past, Woot has sold a Kelty Junction for the same price, which we have, but does not have a canopy. I was tempted to get this one to make up for that, but seankang's review here changed my mind. If someone has a good experience with the canopy, please let us know, since that would make this a better buy.

pulptastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pulptastic

Note: The weight range for the kid is 16.09-39.68 lbs, the height range is 27.56-41.34 inches.

TheRealDoubleA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheRealDoubleA

I have been trying to find the max waist size for the adult on other sites and haven't found it. Anybody happen to know? I'm a big guy who would like to take his son out hiking. Thanks

scapsinger

Canopy works fine IMHO...you have to use the straps to lock it down, it won't stay in place if you don't. That actually is made pretty clear in the user manual.

They also sell a full raincover for this thing, if you think you're possibly going to be stuck in a downpour.

I have no problem with the canopy at all.

mjc613 wrote:In the past, Woot has sold a Kelty Junction for the same price, which we have, but does not have a canopy. I was tempted to get this one to make up for that, but seankang's review here changed my mind. If someone has a good experience with the canopy, please let us know, since that would make this a better buy.

scapsinger

TheRealDoubleA wrote:I have been trying to find the max waist size for the adult on other sites and haven't found it. Anybody happen to know? I'm a big guy who would like to take his son out hiking. Thanks

I've got a 32 inch waist and there's plenty of extra...I'm on the lower tier of sizing for this thing I'd assume. Don't know what the actual max wasitline would be.

cracatoa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cracatoa

I want to strongly dissuade people from purchasing this horrible product in the future.

First, it is not properly designed for the size children it says it is. My son is 30 lbs, 18 months old and fairly tall. Even with the seat adjusted as far up as I could his chin barely pops over the back. And that is only after frustrating myself nearly to death with the horrible strap that has an adjustment clip that likes to hide behind a sewn in strap. Once you get it fully tightened, it is very difficult to change that in the future without damaging the pack.

Second, all the clips and straps are just horrible. No adjustable cams anywhere, really. They used very cheap cams and double wrapped all the straps for safety. There is no such thing as a quick adjustment on this pack, not even for the adult's shoulders.

Thirdly, but not finally, I'm just too upset to continue...the stand does not seem to lock into place. This seems like a fairly major safety hazard to me.

Please, do not spend money on this product. You'll need to spend double to get anything worth it, but you won't get something that really belongs in the garbage.