WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Does your child have a family nickname?
  • 23.8% - They do, and there's a great story behind it. So cute! 185
  • 17.9% - They do, but it's not just used by family. They seem to like it! 139
  • 5.7% - They do, and they hate it. If we say it to a non-family member, we get in trouble. 44
  • 2.2% - Does going by their middle name count? If so, yes. If not, no. 17
  • 17.9% - They have no nickname that I know of. 139
  • 32.5% - I don't have a child but if I don't vote on every poll a witch will come for me in the night 252
776 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

I was too young to remember, but my mom tells the story of how my brother got his nickname. She would ask him, "What's your name?" And he would reply, "Hal... BEAN!" And just crack up laughing. So we always called him Hal-bean. It's so prevalent, that even my best friend, who's only met him once or twice, calls him Hal-bean, since that's all I've ever called him. XD

My sister was called Jenna-Boo when she was younger, though only by my dad and aunt, though I don't remember how/why she got called that.

I don't think I had any nicknames, though my sister called me "Twistie" for a while when she was learning to pronounce my name. I think people in the Army called me by more nicknames than anyone in my family. XD

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Julia is Joo-bug because she was afraid of junebugs until I showed her they crunched when you step on them. (The summers for 3, 4 and 5 she had to leave her shoes outside.)

Sara is Rare-Ra `cause she liked Scooby-Do so much. Of course now that she is 20 it, visibly, makes her skin crawl when I say it in front of people. (I do a very recognizable Scooby.)

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

No kids, but...
I was Buzz-buzz.
Brother was Boo-boo.
Dad is still Tinker to some.
Tiny.
Nig.
Scoop.
Midge.
(a lot are from WV)