quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Vaccines?
  • 59.1% - They are not particularly dangerous. 733
  • 30.5% - They are a little dangerous, but worth the risk. 378
  • 8.1% - They are dangerous, and not worth the risk. 100
  • 2.3% - They are only safe for adults. 29
1240 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

theco2

quality posts: 48 Private Messages theco2

Where is, "not even safe for adults?"

pookie6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pookie6

they are creepy needles that poke and Hurt when you move.

Metallia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Metallia

I, for one, enjoy my polio and smallpox free lifestyle.

driftingsoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages driftingsoul

Where is "Statistically completely safe and incredibly necessary."

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud
driftingsoul wrote:Where is "Statistically completely safe and incredibly necessary."

It's right there below "Some are necessary and others are money grabs for pharmaceuticals"

I know too many people that get the flu shot because of hype and end up getting sick because of it. Yes some vaccines are good, others are more hype and I would even dare to say unnecessary. I suppose it's a gamble like health insurance or getting in a car any day to drive/ride anywhere. There may be good and there may be bad, you have to balance prevention with convenience and safety.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

I expected more anti-vax crazies. But, hey, it's still early.

krdshrk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krdshrk

Hey, if it prevents my kid from getting the Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, and all those other serious diseases that could leave them scarred for life/disfigured/disabled, then vaccinate vaccinate vaccinate....

The flu shot - I'm not so worried about.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

Had a nasty bout of Whooping Cough that went through the schools here. Most of the kids had been vaccinated. There were a few families in my area that are anti-vaccine and refused to get their kids vaccinated. They had the fun joy of having their kids get the whooping cough and pass that onto other kids whose parents didn't get them vaccinated. A couple families were smart enough to keep their kids at home instead of getting them exposed. Missing 2 weeks of school isn't too smart, though.

kacivic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kacivic

I find that I have a greater fear of approximately 11% of the poll-taking population (as of this writing) than I have of vaccinations.

willowisp27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willowisp27

I, for one, am enjoying our regression through history! The U.S. is currently experiencing an outbreak of Measles in some populated areas which was a disease that we haven't seen in 14 years. With these previously contained diseases finding the light again, we can all enjoy a trip back in time. Why bother with science when we have Jenny McCarthy!

viidim7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages viidim7

Oh, Woot. Do you /really/ want to open this can of worms?

arends4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arends4
viidim7 wrote:Oh, Woot. Do you /really/ want to open this can of worms?

Yes they did! Look at history since vaccines started. From Autism to allergies. They are so dangerous. I have known so many little ones whom where per say normal until they get additional vaccines. I have to stop before I make naive people angry.

cfox612

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfox612

I think the purpose of vaccinations is great. I don't think they've had enough testing, especially with the amount of vaccines kids are receiving these days. In children under 5 the 4 years before the flu vaccine was introduced the number of deaths were:
1999 - 25
2000 - 19
2001 - 13
2002 - 12
Then the flu vaccine was introduced, and in 2003 the number of flu related deaths for children under 5 was 90 (all found on the CDC's website). Just food for thought!

DarthTagnan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DarthTagnan
driftingsoul wrote:Where is "Statistically completely safe and incredibly necessary."

+1

lovinight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovinight

There are many toxins in all vaccines.
The ordinary whole-cell pertussis vaccine is acknowledged to be the deadliest of all the vaccines.

Ever heard of SV-40?

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has once again been caught removing pertinent but indicting information about vaccines from its website. This time it involves the infamous polio vaccine, up to 98 million doses of which have been exposed as containing a cancer-causing virus that is now believed to be responsible for causing millions of cancers in America, according to the CDC.

There was no other legitimate reason to add this to the vaccines except for the purpose of causing cancer.

Vaccines are the reason for the increase in autism.

There is also a strong connection between all forms of vaccinations and autism. A U.S. study found that children who received vaccines containing a preservative called thimerosal, which is almost 50 percent mercury, were more than twice as likely to develop autism than children who did not.

Baxter Healthcare Corp. has announced it is recalling roughly 300,000 doses of its Preflucel influenza vaccine due to what it says is an excessive number of adverse events. Baxter is the same drug company that was caught inserting Avian Flu Virus into flu vaccines back in 2009

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

To all the anti-vaccine people out there. Just know there is a Measles outbreak in NYC right now. Because people aren't vaccinated.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
arends4 wrote:I have to stop before I make naive people angry.

Thank You.

inthedark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inthedark
lovinight wrote:There are many toxins in all vaccines.
The ordinary whole-cell pertussis vaccine is acknowledged to be the deadliest of all the vaccines.

Ever heard of SV-40?

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has once again been caught removing pertinent but indicting information about vaccines from its website. This time it involves the infamous polio vaccine, up to 98 million doses of which have been exposed as containing a cancer-causing virus that is now believed to be responsible for causing millions of cancers in America, according to the CDC.

There was no other legitimate reason to add this to the vaccines except for the purpose of causing cancer.

Vaccines are the reason for the increase in autism.

There is also a strong connection between all forms of vaccinations and autism. A U.S. study found that children who received vaccines containing a preservative called thimerosal, which is almost 50 percent mercury, were more than twice as likely to develop autism than children who did not.

Baxter Healthcare Corp. has announced it is recalling roughly 300,000 doses of its Preflucel influenza vaccine due to what it says is an excessive number of adverse events. Baxter is the same drug company that was caught inserting Avian Flu Virus into flu vaccines back in 2009

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/another-antivaccine-zombie-meme-sv40-and-cancer-and-polio-oh-my/

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

in related news, New York is having a measles outbreak

medieval!

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

by the way, woot is only asking this so they can track which shirts to taint with smallpox

rookie move, y'all

amuxfree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amuxfree

Wow! You people need to do your research! They are so dangerous and unneccesary, as most of the diseases they prevent are home treatable and not life threatening!

Pinker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pinker

Funny how people lump in a flu shot to a Polio shot. I guess whatever it takes to justify your Jenny MCarthy whackadoo opinion.

heidi1361

quality posts: 6 Private Messages heidi1361

Unless your child has a MEDICAL reason not to get vaccinated... they should be vaccinated. Period.

Vaccinations aren't linked to Autism... the study that said it was had been falsified. Look it up.

While you're at it... go to Google Images & look up pictures of Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio... oh, and Tetanus is a terrifying one to look up...

rickyhrq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickyhrq

You people are simply insane. a study has been done that disproves they are linked to autism? Oh who released that? CDC? Government? I wouldn't expect them to jump out and say oh yeah you know those things we created and suggested you get, yeah they cause cancer, autism and genetic deformations. Sorry? All i know is no one knows why there has been an insanely high increase in cancer and autism but i do know the amount of things we allow the government to inject us with has also increased at the same rate. Think before you speak.

rickyhrq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickyhrq

Lets just say I had minimal shots as a kid, just enough to get into school, never taken any medication or prescription and never had a flu shot. I have never gotten sick and have never been to the hospital except for when i was a baby for an ear infection or something. Now count your intakes and how many sick hospital trips you have had, i don't think its just dumb luck for me

watkinsj1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages watkinsj1
Metallia wrote:I, for one, enjoy my polio and smallpox free lifestyle.

I second that!

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG
rickyhrq wrote:You people are simply insane. a study has been done that disproves they are linked to autism? Oh who released that? CDC? Government? I wouldn't expect them to jump out and say oh yeah you know those things we created and suggested you get, yeah they cause cancer, autism and genetic deformations. Sorry? All i know is no one knows why there has been an insanely high increase in cancer and autism but i do know the amount of things we allow the government to inject us with has also increased at the same rate. Think before you speak.

Well, I might be slightly insane, but as the parent of a young adult on the spectrum and a volunteer mental health advocate for over 25 years, I have probably done more thinking and research on this topic than most people here.

The initial "study" linking childhood vaccines to autism was retracted by Dr. Andrew Wakefield, who published it. He was actually stripped of his medical license, in England. This was not done by the CDC or the US government. Check out the CNN report at http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/.

Certainly more study is needed, but childhood vaccines are well-researched and well-studied and getting safer all the time. I'm on vacation and my signal is going in and out, but the studies disproving Wakefield's claims are out there. Just do some checking.