WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How good was the cafeteria food at your high school?
  • 8.4% - WONDERFUL 66
  • 23.3% - Good, but nothing to be excited about. 184
  • 47.3% - Average. It got the job done. 374
  • 9.7% - Bad, but I still ate it regularly. 77
  • 11.3% - AWFUL 89
790 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

I only ate cafeteria food on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesdays were chicken poppers and Thursdays were Bosco sticks.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

ardubu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ardubu

Too poor to eat the stuff.
The stuff was too poor to eat!

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain

Better on average than Navy food. Especially sliders and pizza. Don't eat those on a navy ship; pizza is crackers with ketchup and melted American cheese on top. Or tastes like it.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

CO and MO were okay. NM OK and MT sucked. TX was best. We moved around a tad.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Had the traditional stuff, but then had a salad bar, nachos, and pizza off to the side. My HS in California had like a little food court with all sorts of stuff, but I usually just went home or off campus to Del Taco or something.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

zasseg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zasseg

Brown bag all the way baby! Nothing like a soggy PB&J and Cheetos.

basileuspsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basileuspsu
zasseg wrote:Brown bag all the way baby! Nothing like a soggy PB&J and Cheetos.

Same here, although I was never fortunate enough to get cheetos, it was usually an apple for me.

jbrandtner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbrandtner

Most of the food was really good, I still visit for a good cheap meal! Although, things have changed a bit since Michelle Obama had to meddle with school food...

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Way back when I was in HS in South Florida, they actually had a registered dietician in charge of the cafeteria, and real cooks. When my kids went to HS, the food was prepared in a central kitchen and distributed to the schools. Big difference between the old days and more recent.

janet3425

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janet3425

When I went to HS there was no such an animal as lunch in school.

atherea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atherea

I never ate at the cafeteria. We didn't have the money for it and I didn't care enough to try and get assistance. I spent my lunch hour in the library.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Packed a lunch to school.
Buying lunch would come out of my allowance, from doing chores.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

Peanut Butter Bar, Chocolate Shake, and Cinnamon and Sugar Donut. The perfect High School diet.

rllschofield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rllschofield

My high school did not have a cafeteria. We were let loose on the town for lunch. It was a free for all.

wingman0609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wingman0609

Wouldn't know. I opted for skipping lunch and getting an early dismissal.

dinajames

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinajames

no clue a bag of chips and country time lemonade everyday

DarthTagnan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DarthTagnan
SumDuud wrote:Had the traditional stuff, but then had a salad bar, nachos, and pizza off to the side. My HS in California had like a little food court with all sorts of stuff, but I usually just went home or off campus to Del Taco or something.

I think we all snuck off school grounds to go to Del Taco for lunch.

Redzdvl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Redzdvl
SumDuud wrote:Had the traditional stuff, but then had a salad bar, nachos, and pizza off to the side. My HS in California had like a little food court with all sorts of stuff, but I usually just went home or off campus to Del Taco or something.

Yup! We had an open campus in the little town I was in in Cali. Never did the cafeteria food. Always went home to eat, since it was a 10 minute bike / 5 minutes in a car ride home.

Occasionally would hit up the snack shack on campus. they had nacho's & hot dogs & pizza by the slice, chips, etc. Sit in the quad with a group of friends & eat the "good stuff". Lancers All the WAY!!