zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

LeapPad2 Monsters University Varsity Edition Bundle
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Feb 25 to Wednesday, Feb 26) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3023 Private Messages lichme

Check out some reviews from ToysRUs

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3664 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page

and

Solid reviews ( 4 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

phileoca

quality posts: 12 Private Messages phileoca

lazy reviewers. [insert link to what somebody else wrote because woot staffers give quality posts to them]

[insert another link because we stand against plagiarism]

Now onto my review.

Leappad2's are fantastic for kids. My daughter has a princess one but I'm considering this for my nephew. The price point is fantastic.

When you connect the leappad to the computer, it will sync the data from the leappad and you will receive a weekly email with your child's progress to see if they are dumber than a woot writer.

Note: New leappads come with the 20 gift card.

My wife woots too

s0nathan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages s0nathan

The recharger pack runs over $40. Better to buy it bundled for $90 and not deal with changing 4 AA. http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-LeapPad2-Power-Learning-Tablet/dp/B00CP4J7OY

Nathan Johnson

bkgriz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkgriz

Great product!!! Our little man has one and he loves it. Great for short and long trips in the car and to play and learn at the grocery store. We just purchased the new one with WIFI and everything is compatible. All the games are interchangeable.

namzaps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages namzaps

We've tried so many of these "class" of device it's ridiculous. Our kids started off on my wife's iPad, and now nothing else will do. If your kids have never played with an Apple device then something like this will be great. If they have, nothing like this will do. Period. Save your money.

-JCH

Xaotl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xaotl

We technically already have one of these, but my oldest and youngest kids fight over it CONSTANTLY because they both love it. There's really no comparison with any of the cheaper 'mock' computers various relatives have attempted to give them to prevent the squabbles, and this is a great deal! And it's even a different color than the basic one.

Our oldest has ALSO played with an Ipad, but he really likes having a system that's just for him, and even likes the cartridge games, which make him feel in control. There's nothing about it he doesn't like, and he's a really picky kid.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

I've had some of the LeapPad products and VTech products through my house. I have to give favor to the LeapPad/LeapFrog brand. Vtech has been nothing but a headache. Multiple kids have have multiple products given to them as gifts and the batteries die super fast or the products just don't work well. The LeapPads work more reliably and batteries last longer. I did buy the rechargable packs and they are great.

Having said that, I will recommend a traditional tablet with otterbox style case (there are Fisher Price cases for iPads that are indestructable). Hear me out - iPads are a bit more expensive, but something like a Kindle Fire or Nook HD can be had for about double this price, but there are many free apps out there (both educational and entertainment). Look into the price of games for the LeapPad products ($10-$30) and after you've bought a few you have hit the price of the Kindle Fire/Nook HD. Also, the kids will outgrow this wannabe tablet in a few years and be asking for a "real" tablet. My youngest (almost 3) has been intuitively operating a Kindle Fire since he before was 1. It is only in a leather portfolio type case and though it has been droped many times is in great shape (aside from maybe some crusty food on it).

TLDR: LeapPad makes a good product and gets my recommendation over the similar competitor VTech, BUT if you are considering look at a traditional tablet for your kid as it has longevity and the cost difference is made up quickly with price of games.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

stephbyron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephbyron

I am trying to cancel this order but am having little luck.My order is #47915316 and support case is CAS-644348-G9V7V3. We love the Leappad products but my wife already has one on the way. We would recommend these to any parents as an educational product for there children.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stephbyron wrote:I am trying to cancel this order but am having little luck.My order is #47915316 and support case is CAS-644348-G9V7V3. We love the Leappad products but my wife already has one on the way. We would recommend these to any parents as an educational product for there children.

You can cancel in the first 15 minutes after you order. After that, it's released for processing and we can't stop that train. Sorry.

There's a link in my signature on how to cancel for future use.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lolamarya

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lolamarya
namzaps wrote:We've tried so many of these "class" of device it's ridiculous. Our kids started off on my wife's iPad, and now nothing else will do. If your kids have never played with an Apple device then something like this will be great. If they have, nothing like this will do. Period. Save your money.

Exactly why my daughter got an iPad at 2yrs old. I was tired of sharing mine and she already knew how to use it herself. Besides the learning curve or a new device, iPads have so much more functionality.