zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

iFly-X 3.5CH APP Controlled Helicopter
Price: $19.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Feb 12 to Thursday, Feb 13) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 3008 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3645 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page

zener

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zener

I didnt see any mention of compatible android devices on the product page and i dont own any ianythings.

TennCasey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TennCasey
zener wrote:I didnt see any mention of compatible android devices on the product page and i dont own any ianythings.

http://www.ucontrollerx.com/products_uc.php

There's your compatibility list. I found it on the Google Play listing for the app.

birdoprey5

quality posts: 11 Private Messages birdoprey5

Comments disabled on their youtube video, Amazon rating less than 2.5 stars- red flags... but on the other hand it's only $20. Decisions...

Harpo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Harpo

erratic, hard to control, unstable.. but for $25 its great fun. Love it.

dtumd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtumd

the helicopter itself looks great. seems like a nice, metal frame version of the amazingly good (for the price) cheapo copters that have been sold for several years now. Had one 5 years ago and was amazed at how well it flew (indoors) and how well it held up to crashes. However, I have no desire to control this thing from my smartphone and don't understand why anybody would want to. For this price, I'd be buying it if it came with a regular controller. probably two.

logicprobe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages logicprobe
birdoprey5 wrote:Comments disabled on their youtube video, Amazon rating less than 2.5 stars- red flags... but on the other hand it's only $20. Decisions...

If you're looking to control this with Android, better look at the Play Store for reviews on the software first.

The IR adapter is ONLY a cool factor, but makes this much harder to control than the controller that would usually come with these.

AND... IR means indoor only, BTW. Sunlight will interfere with control on bright days, even indoor in a room with windows.

This looks like a copy of the SYMA S107G which is an awesome and inexpensive starter heli. They are as stable as you can get with the normally included controller (which also has a built in cord to recharge the heli from it's 6AA battery system).

Just be careful of S107G copies... make sure it's SYMA or even Protocol brand! Spare parts are easily available, and cheap!

You'll find S107G helis at the same or better price, and your flying experience will be much more fun (and accurate) with a standard controller. I was so impressed with mine that I bought 3 more, plus one for the son, and another for the grandson. We have a blast with them! (You can fly two at the same time, as controllers have a switch for two different channels).

Biggest tip, no matter where you get it, is to make sure the heli is on a FLAT level horizontal surface when you turn it on... as this is the position the gyro will remember. Turn on the controller first before powering up the heli.

OH... and flight time is about 8 minutes or so, with a recharge time between flights of 50 to 70 minutes. You'll want to keep charging and flying, but it's best to give the LiPo battery a break to cool down for 5 or 10 minutes before you charge it back up.

scubalab

quality posts: 9 Private Messages scubalab
birdoprey5 wrote:Comments disabled on their youtube video, Amazon rating less than 2.5 stars- red flags... but on the other hand it's only $20. Decisions...

Better off getting a Syma S107G over on Amazon. Cheaper if you have prime with the free shipping. We also bought one of the HERO RC (under $19 shipped with our prime) copters manufactured by Syma and couldn't tell the difference. There is a reason Syma's are so popular! Easy to fly, reliable, durable. Many others (including this one) are made to look exactly like the symas.

heidi1361

quality posts: 6 Private Messages heidi1361

I bought one of these for my husband a year or two ago...
He said the controls are a little tricky, but he really enjoyed it for about a week anyways.
THEN he took it OUTSIDE (which you're not supposed to do) and accidenally flew it up into a tree & it got stuck... and then it rained. LOL.
Maybe he'll keep this one (already ordered) inside.

redpit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redpit

As scubalab said, skip this heli. I just got into the hobby (yeah lets call it that, makes this 33 year old feel better). Get the S107g instead. Same heli, but comes with a transmitter. You can get it for $17 on Amazon right now. The good thing about going the Syma route is you'll get used to using a transmitter and can upgrade to a 4channel heli with a little less learning curve (plus you keep your expensive phone out of people's hands). You can readily get replacement parts for the Syma, which is another bonus.

After you've mastered the S107, then you can move on to the Syma F3, or jump to a quad copter like the blade nano.

biedscheid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biedscheid

Make sure this isn't coming from HobbyTron. Their products are junk and they don't stand behind their products at all. I bought a "unbreakable" helicopter from them that busted the first flight. It was clearly defective since the "unbreakable" heli broke first fligh. Careful - don't ever buy from HobbyTron

audeojude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages audeojude

reveiws on amazon for it are beyond horrible.. Most users report it not working at all or not being compatible with android like claimed.

beanieb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beanieb

The 2 star review was for the iPhone ONLY device I believe