zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Gold Rush Panning Kit + Extra "Pay Dirt"
Price: $34.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Wednesday, Feb 12 to Monday, Feb 17) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

bakerzdosen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bakerzdosen

If you can't use your kids to make you money, then what good are they?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3664 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at discovery.com

and

Check out the product page

lichme

quality posts: 3023 Private Messages lichme

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

Lol, my family has been apart of the GPAA and LDMA (Gold prospectors associated of america and lost Dutchmen mining association) since I was born (I'm 23 now).

These kits are hilarious. If you're really interested in gold mining or getting your children/family in to this great outdoor hobby, I'd suggest looking in to https://www.goldprospectors.org/

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

You would think they would hire someone who knows how to spell "glass vial" instead of the "glass vile" on the front of the box!

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen
GodfatherND wrote:You would think they would hire someone who knows how to spell "glass vial" instead of the "glass vile" on the front of the box!

some of the pics it's vial, some vile. I think it's a vile scheme to sell vials for a while.

ibom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ibom

Couldn't resist. Love the show and should be fun to do with the wee one... Not looking to make back what I purchased, more for entertainment purposes. Plus you can buy "pay dirt" from amazon if you feel like doing it again.

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425
Un0fficial wrote:Lol, my family has been apart of the GPAA and LDMA (Gold prospectors associated of america and lost Dutchmen mining association) since I was born (I'm 23 now).

These kits are hilarious. If you're really interested in gold mining or getting your children/family in to this great outdoor hobby, I'd suggest looking in to https://www.goldprospectors.org/

Having my own highbank gear already, belonging to the GPAA and growing up/living where I do (~20 miles from Coloma ) this "kit" made me just shake my head. I wholeheartedly agree there's MUCH better stuff out there for what people are shelling out here!

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72
Un0fficial wrote:Lol, my family has been apart of the GPAA and LDMA (Gold prospectors associated of america and lost Dutchmen mining association) since I was born (I'm 23 now).

So you are saying the pay dirt sold on the Gold Prospector website is better than than Discovery Channel pay dirt?

brutherford

quality posts: 14 Private Messages brutherford

Staff

kevin0425 wrote:Having my own highbank gear already, belonging to the GPAA and growing up/living where I do (~20 miles from Coloma ) this "kit" made me just shake my head. I wholeheartedly agree there's MUCH better stuff out there for what people are shelling out here!

This may be true but as a parent and or person who is just curious and want's to try something new, is it worth going out and getting the Bugatti of prospecting equipment before you ever start?

brutherford

quality posts: 14 Private Messages brutherford

Staff

Looks like a lot of good information and DVD sets for more advanced/older prospector. I am curious if their "Pay Dirt" is guaranteed to contain gold like this set. Also, there is no other information other than it's $40. Is it 1 lb., 2 lb., 1/2 pound?

cfox612

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfox612

$40.81 on Amazon with Prime shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Channel-Gold-Rush-Panning/dp/B00GM387YU/

[MOD: That's with 1 lb of dirt. We give you double the dirt.]

willb92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willb92
kevin0425 wrote:Having my own highbank gear already, belonging to the GPAA and growing up/living where I do (~20 miles from Coloma ) this "kit" made me just shake my head. I wholeheartedly agree there's MUCH better stuff out there for what people are shelling out here!

Wow, that's so cool! Thanks for the helpful information!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

GodfatherND wrote:You would think they would hire someone who knows how to spell "glass vial" instead of the "glass vile" on the front of the box!

I'm just glad it wasn't our mistake.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

selfindulging

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selfindulging
cfox612 wrote:$40.81 on Amazon with Prime shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Channel-Gold-Rush-Panning/dp/B00GM387YU/

The kit on Amazon appears to include one pound of dirt whereas this one has two. I hope the dirt doesn't suck, because I think I'm in for 1! I've wanted to pan for gold for a while!

wootod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootod
cfox612 wrote:$40.81 on Amazon with Prime shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Channel-Gold-Rush-Panning/dp/B00GM387YU/

however, Amazon only has 1lb of "pay dirt" woot offer has 2lb. quick check on just pay dirt, extra 2lb bag from gold rush site $30/$15lb, other sites going over $55lb, depends on how much its been salted

DigMe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages DigMe

Woooww.. just look at all that gold in the pan in the picture. Finally - this is gonna make me RICH!! In your face, Todd!

Sincerely,
Jimmy Dorsey

DigMe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages DigMe

Does this come with a beard?

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon

I've been using a metal detector in some of the mountain rivers and brooks in northern CO for years, and have found quite a bit of gold and other interesting objects. For me it's easier than panning. I just haven't gotten enough gold to buy the property I want as of yet. I DO have a nice little bag of gold in the safe at the bank, though.

MisterRon

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

DigMe wrote:Does this come with a beard?

We should have put one in a Plus event. I'll pass that on for future consideration.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

riknik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages riknik

Staff

A+ would writeup again.

janolin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janolin

Two questions:

Does the kit come with a broken down D_Rocker?

Can I put this dirt in a Glory Hole and still get the gold out?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Had to stop watching Gold Rush a while ago.
They drove me nuts, & I can't stand the old guy Hoffman's whiny voice.
I got a pan, small sluice and some bags of gold concentrates at ebay about 8 yrs ago. I did pretty good, and learned how to pan, about 4.5 grams of gold. Practice over a large bucket!

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425
daveinwarshington wrote:learned how to pan... Practice over a large bucket!

THAT is some very good advice for anyone considering this. In my setup I have a Keene A52 sluice that I use with a 45 gallon container and a 1/2 hp sump pump and some 3/4" PVC piping to recirculate water through it to run dirt. It all fits in the 45 gallon container, making it relatively portable. I have a couple ways to power it, either with a car battery and inverter or a 1500W portable generator. I've thought about getting a Desert Fox Gold Wheel to process the concentrates faster, but that would cost more than the whole setup already.

Like any "hobby", this one can start getting expensive! My problem is I have too many hobbies and not enough time for them all...

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast
janolin wrote:Two questions:

Does the kit come with a broken down D_Rocker?

Can I put this dirt in a Glory Hole and still get the gold out?

Thank You, now I don't have to say it.

kvs2000

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kvs2000

i bet i can find more gold in the swamps of NJ with that pan than Todd Hoffman does with all his equipment in alaska.
I am in for one.

vstrobel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vstrobel

I didn't get 2lbs when I ordered. I got 1. It says I was supposed to get 2 but it came with 1. I got the kit for my 6 year old who is obsessed with the show as a keepsake. Don't plan on her getting rich but she will have fun... She's 6!

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

vstrobel wrote:I didn't get 2lbs when I ordered. I got 1. It says I was supposed to get 2 but it came with 1. I got the kit for my 6 year old who is obsessed with the show as a keepsake. Don't plan on her getting rich but she will have fun... She's 6!

Have you emailed support@woot.com with your order number, user name and situation? They may be able to help out.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

gloreeea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gloreeea
manhandsha wrote:Have you emailed support@woot.com with your order number, user name and situation? They may be able to help out.

Same thing happened to me! It seems they never even had the 2 lbs to begin with - false advertising! Did anyone who ordered get two pounds of pay dirt?

millertimefl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages millertimefl
gloreeea wrote:Same thing happened to me! It seems they never even had the 2 lbs to begin with - false advertising! Did anyone who ordered get two pounds of pay dirt?

I got 2-lbs. Never said anything on box...I didnt think it was there till I opened it up. 1 lb was in canvas bag 1 was just in a plastic sealed bag.