zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Kiddy Adventure Pack - 3 Colors
Price: $89.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Feb 07 to Monday, Feb 10) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/11/2013 - $99.99 - 13 comment(s)

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3157 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to check out the product page and let;s check out the awards Kiddy has won!

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

kev95lx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kev95lx

Purchased one of these in 2012 from woot for 74.99, great pack that we use often for hikes.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger
kev95lx wrote:Purchased one of these in 2012 from woot for 74.99, great pack that we use often for hikes.

Any way to stow a hydration bladder on this thing? Don't look like it, all I see is the bottle holder, which is still pretty good.

rtwilner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rtwilner

I also bought one of these from woot a year ago. I prefer to use it to a stroller nearly 100% of the time -- our 2 year old loves to be at "adult" height, plus it leaves your hands completely free to do whatever.

He's getting heavier now (30 lbs), but I can still use this for 1.5 hours before I get uncomfortable.

rtwilner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rtwilner
scapsinger wrote:Any way to stow a hydration bladder on this thing? Don't look like it, all I see is the bottle holder, which is still pretty good.

I've used this with a camelback hydration bladder before, it fits in one of the zippered pouches.

You can pass it back and forth to your son/daughter too to make sure they stay hydrated.

scapsinger

rtwilner wrote:I've used this with a camelback hydration bladder before, it fits in one of the zippered pouches.

You can pass it back and forth to your son/daughter too to make sure they stay hydrated.

Cool, good info!

jalexander319

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jalexander319

I am not that familiar with these types of devices. But it intrigued me. Problem is that I wanted to see it in action. I find it strange that the website, the video, and the instructions are all devoid of ANY pictures of someone actually wearing this with their child. I am sure there are pictures out there from people who bought this, but there should be some on the website too.

scapsinger

The red one says "burgundy"...as a dude, I don't want to get one of these and have it looking more purply than red, can anyone comment on that? Prefer red, but I'll go with the blue one instead if the red color is weird. Blue one looks more "gunmetal" anyway.

awillard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awillard
scapsinger wrote:The red one says "burgundy"...as a dude, I don't want to get one of these and have it looking more purply than red, can anyone comment on that? Prefer red, but I'll go with the blue one instead if the red color is weird. Blue one looks more "gunmetal" anyway.

We bought the red one from woot in 2012 and it's def more red/burgundy than purple. My husband wears ours all the time.

awillard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awillard
kev95lx wrote:Purchased one of these in 2012 from woot for 74.99, great pack that we use often for hikes.

Same, we bought ours in 2012. We researched the company and decided that it was too good a deal to pass up, since Kelty backpacks are way more than $75. We love ours, and even at the current price, I think it's worth it. Ours has gotten lots of use and is still in great condition. Holds lots of stuff, has been dunked in rivers, is comfortable for our daughter. It's a little short for my husband (6'1), but he can wear it for a good while before he gets uncomfortable. There used to be videos of people using them on YouTube (or maybe the Kiddy site), which helped convince us to order one.

peerally

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peerally
awillard wrote:We bought the red one from woot in 2012 and it's def more red/burgundy than purple. My husband wears ours all the time.

It's not red at all, the picture on Woot is misleading, check out the picture on Amazon, it's closer to the actual color. Too bad, i would have liked the red better.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HHRTCA?psc=1

peerally

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peerally
jalexander319 wrote:I am not that familiar with these types of devices. But it intrigued me. Problem is that I wanted to see it in action. I find it strange that the website, the video, and the instructions are all devoid of ANY pictures of someone actually wearing this with their child. I am sure there are pictures out there from people who bought this, but there should be some on the website too.

Check out the Amazon site for this, there pictures there. It seems like the baby sits a lot lower then I expected. I thought the seat was higher up.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HHRTCA?psc=1

morgajl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morgajl

I'm 6'4" tall. Anybody have thoughts on whether this would fit me or not?

scapsinger

Okay, short and weird story....just got off the phone with the CEO for Kiddy, he says the burgundy is true burgundy...not red. He described it as a dark red. So that answers that.

Turns out the company is located in Peachtree City, where I grew up and all my family lives, so at least I know if there's an issue with the product, I'm a short drive away from getting it resolved! The CEO sounded very friendly too, good stuff.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

On the red/burgundy color: I have never felt my manliness compromised while toting ours, whatever color it is. (Colors misleadingly tweaked by photo filter app here, though.)

tantris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tantris
scapsinger wrote:The red one says "burgundy"...as a dude, I don't want to get one of these and have it looking more purply than red,

"Burgundy" is great. If a guy wears burgundy it instantly transforms into dark red.

It's also a pretty common outdoor/camping gear color for backpacks etc. and doesn't show dirt that well. Both blue and red should be fine.

scapsinger

Ended up going +2 on the silver (one as a gift). Got overruled, apparently all my checking around about colors was a waste of time when I could have just asked my "boss."

scapsinger

matthew wrote:

On the red/burgundy color: I have never felt my manliness compromised while toting ours, whatever color it is. (Colors misleadingly tweaked by photo filter app here, though.)

I'll assume that those trees all just downed themselves when you walked up and they saw the beard and the man pack.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

scapsinger wrote:Ended up going +2 on the silver (one as a gift). Got overruled, apparently all my checking around about colors was a waste of time when I could have just asked my "boss."

ROFL. That'll teach ya.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

da5idw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages da5idw

Does anyone know if this company is related to Deuter? The Kiddy Adventurepack looks almost identical to the Deuter Kid Comfort 2

http://www.deuter.com/en_US/backpack-details.php?category=125&artnr=46514&title=Kid%20Comfort%202

laryrva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laryrva

Is there a way to have Woot ship a gift to the recipient rather than to my address?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

laryrva wrote:Is there a way to have Woot ship a gift to the recipient rather than to my address?

You can change the ship-to address when you order. Be sure to check that address the next time you order though. So many people forget that part.

Be sure to let them know it's coming though. We don't have gift messaging.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

LurkerDan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages LurkerDan
awillard wrote:We bought the red one from woot in 2012 and it's def more red/burgundy than purple. My husband wears ours all the time.

One more person chiming in that it is burgundy (a dark red) and not purple at all.

We bought this in 2012 and like others, have been very happy with it.

ikeray

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ikeray
da5idw wrote:Does anyone know if this company is related to Deuter? The Kiddy Adventurepack looks almost identical to the Deuter Kid Comfort 2

http://www.deuter.com/en_US/backpack-details.php?category=125&artnr=46514&title=Kid%20Comfort%202

They do appear to be similar. The Deuter claims to be fine for kids up to 50lbs, while the Kiddy says 40. at 50lbs, my 6 year old is under capacity, at 40lbs it maxes out at 4 year olds.

I'm thinking about getting this for next time we go to disney. I hate having to park the stroller everywhere, and I have to carry a backpack anyways.

tantris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tantris

Ok, some more info:
@scapsinger:
"Kiddy USA, Inc." (http://www.kiddyusa.com) is located in Peachtree City, but the parent company "Kiddy GmbH" (kiddy.de) is Bavarian.

@da5idw:
Both Deuter and Kiddy are Bavarian companies, Deuter does backpacks and climbing supply, Kiddy comes to it from doing child seats. But I don't think it is the same backpack. These kind of frame-design backpacks are quite popular in Germany. A typical one will have a foldout stand, shoulder and hip support, some extra storage, and maybe a rain cover.