WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What do you teach your kids about animals?
  • 9.8% - They're better than we are. Humans are wretched. WRETCHED. 64
  • 19.6% - Animals are the equal of humanity. Both should co-exist for the good of the planet. 128
  • 38.3% - Humans are the caretakers of the planet, so we've gotta watch after the beasts and birds. It's in Genesis! 250
  • 17.9% - Animals are pretty cool, but human needs come first. Sorry, animals! Better luck next evolution! 117
  • 1.4% - Animals are a'aight but it's not a big deal if they get hurt. They're just animals. They don't know. 9
  • 2.8% - Animals are in the way and only good for food. Fuzzy little jerks, I think. 18
  • 10.3% - I don't teach my kids anything. They can learn about animals on the street. 67
653 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

BlackCreekBearTRP1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackCreekBearTRP1

Animals are a great food source, remember care for your chickens, cows, pigs, lambs, ducks, geese, turkeys, deer, ect... the meat that they provide you, is almost as valuable as Gold.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 31 Private Messages daveinwarshington

1. Be good to your dogs.
2. Tolerate cats.
3. Be good to other animals, because some of them taste really good.

4. GO SEAHAWKS!

magnoliasouth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages magnoliasouth

I taught my kids that animals were God's creatures too and so should be respected. Noah saved the animals from destruction as should we, even though Adam was given dominion over them.

Now PETA... that's another story completely. Those b*****s be crazy!

Cats were invented and then after God saw how they were, he made dog better. ;) Kidding!

... sorta....

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean that they hate you, or anyone else.

cjjett1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjjett1969

Minus that Genesis crap... but, ya. keep the planet happy.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dnlkolender
magnoliasouth wrote:I taught my kids that animals were God's creatures too and so should be respected. Noah saved the animals from destruction as should we, even though Adam was given dominion over them.

Now PETA... that's another story completely. Those b*****s be crazy!

Cats were invented and then after God saw how they were, he made dog better. ;) Kidding!

... sorta....

Sorry but the bible is not reality, Noah saved nothing, its a fable. And do look up the definition of 'DOMINION,' & if you understand it you'll realize dominion means we are the animals care takers (so to speak).

P.S. God is great in any form of faith! But I do not trust any book that old, especially without a verifiable author.

dnlkolender

cjjett1969 wrote:Minus that Genesis crap... but, ya. keep the planet happy.

Its all crap, just live by the golden rule & your soul will be fine. ;)

dnlkolender

BlackCreekBearTRP1 wrote:Animals are a great food source, remember care for your chickens, cows, pigs, lambs, ducks, geese, turkeys, deer, ect... the meat that they provide you, is almost as valuable as Gold.

Animals are intelligent! They're great to observe, interact with & care for; & they must be respected. I accept the fact that you eat meat but most animals meet a horrible fate after an unspeakable life of torture. Fruits, nuts, beans & vegetation on thee other hand, are a great & replenish-able source of food! With hydroponic grow rooms you can get 3x the growth using 80% less water versus traditional farming/gardening (& it can be completely organic). Just wanted to mention that ;)