WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: You catch your child with a dirty magazine. What's your reaction?
  • 6% - Furious. They're in HUGE trouble. That smut isn't allowed in my home. 43
  • 9.2% - Upset. I get that they're curious but... really? That trash? 66
  • 11.9% - Disappointed. I'd lecture them in the most embarassing way possible. But I'd forgive them. 85
  • 16.7% - Annoyed, as a parent should be. But it's a rite of passage, right? I know I got caught once too. 119
  • 9.4% - Eh. Maybe I'd tell them to hide it better. 67
  • 4.2% - I'd pretend I didn't notice. It's the 21st Century! Who cares? 30
  • 42.6% - I think I'd be most amazed about the magazine part. Don't they know how to use a computer? 304
714 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

manhandsha

quality posts: 37 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

I caught my bro and his best friend on the Internet when they were 10 or 11. I taught them how to clear browser history, then mocked them endlessly for their (IMO) horrible taste in ladies.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

soren216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages soren216

Where is the 'Ata boy' option?

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

If *I* caught him, I'd tell him to hide it better cuz if his mom found he'd be in a world of trouble and embarassment. If his mom found it, she would flip.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

BelyndaG

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG

It has happened, but not until my son was about 16. I calmly told him that it was natural to be curious, but to be aware that a lot of what you see on the internet and in magazines is NOT what real women look like and is CERTAINLY NOT what regular people do. (There is some seriously sick stuff out there.) I cautioned him about viruses and malware on some of the websites, too. He was mortified (and so was I), but he at least became more circumspect (and quit using MY computer for this stuff!). While he was home from college over Christmas I offered to help him clean out his closet, but suggested in advance that he pack up and relocate anything he didn't want me to see. LOL!

SalsaShark42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SalsaShark42

Where's the "Embarrassed--how'd he find my stash?" option?

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

If I was caught, they never said anything. Dad did have a collection of Playboys on the shelf.

cindyscrazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cindyscrazy

I would giggle and ask her if it was a magazine which featured boys or girls.

It would probably be anime characters though.....

(she's 15, she'll be online with it anyway lol)

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"--from a T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cindyscrazyknits?ref=si_shop

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
BelyndaG wrote:I calmly told him that it was natural to be curious, but to be aware that a lot of what you see on the internet and in magazines is NOT what real women look like and is CERTAINLY NOT what regular people do. (There is some seriously sick stuff out there.) I cautioned him about viruses . . .

I think the unrealistic expectations can be really damaging. I hope you cautioned him about the non-computer viruses too.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dnlkolender

Again, my child is a tabby cat with a parrot & tortoise siblings! Sheesh

BelyndaG

quality posts: 19 Private Messages BelyndaG
zekecatz wrote:I think the unrealistic expectations can be really damaging. I hope you cautioned him about the non-computer viruses too.

LOL! No, my husband had THAT talk with him!