zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 13 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

Regalo Home Accents Extra-Wide Walk Through Gate
Price: $34.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Jan 27 to Thursday, Jan 30) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

***Facebook/Twitter notifications enabled***

Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat |Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

lichme

quality posts: 2940 Private Messages lichme

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3530 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Although I have no use for this I have many friends that use gates like these to help corral the dogs to the second floor at night when they are all sleeping. The dogs are older and have vision and hip problems so my friends are always worried the dogs will hurt themselves on the stairs.

landsnark

quality posts: 10 Private Messages landsnark

We had a gate of this style that we were using in a somewhat awkward space, such that the bottom of the gate was bracing on the baseboards but the top pads were against the wall. We ended up using scraps of wood as spacers between the top pads and the wall to get a better fit and avoid damage to the wall. These do take a little adjusting to get them to fit properly, but they're nice once installed.

caryatid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caryatid

The last time these came up on Woot in Dec, we bought 2- and we love them. Each comes with 2 extensions that are different sizes, so you can fit wider doorways. Also, there is a lock on top that keeps small hands from opening it (but the gate will still close without engaging the lock if you want it to, for one handed opening.)

The 6yo can open it without any problems.

jgauthier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgauthier

Thanks for the info. This seems like a great way to keep my Little Creeper in the playroom and still be able to see her!

caryatid wrote:The last time these came up on Woot in Dec, we bought 2- and we love them. Each comes with 2 extensions that are different sizes, so you can fit wider doorways. Also, there is a lock on top that keeps small hands from opening it (but the gate will still close without engaging the lock if you want it to, for one handed opening.)

krisch73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krisch73

Does anyone know the width of the door on the gate? My pet gate has a width of 17" for me to pass thru, and I am looking for something wider.

bella12977

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bella12977

For baby gates it is usually specified where they can be safely used.... Does this gate say whether or not it can be used at the TOP of the stairs?

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

What a lovely write up! :D True wuff, haha. So adorable.

jdubyakc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubyakc
krisch73 wrote:Does anyone know the width of the door on the gate? My pet gate has a width of 17" for me to pass thru, and I am looking for something wider.

I just measured the one that I got in Dec. Assuming it is the same model, the doorway is 16".

jdubyakc

bella12977 wrote:For baby gates it is usually specified where they can be safely used.... Does this gate say whether or not it can be used at the TOP of the stairs?

I got this in Dec and you can use it at the top of the stairs, BUT you are not supposed to just use the tension rods. There are some little traction discs that you are supposed to screw into the wall for extra security.

lakeparkcpl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lakeparkcpl

You mentioned (and I see them in the specs) the 2 extensions this comes with. Does that give it the ability to go even wider than the stated 44" or does that include the extensions? TIA!

caryatid wrote:The last time these came up on Woot in Dec, we bought 2- and we love them. Each comes with 2 extensions that are different sizes, so you can fit wider doorways. Also, there is a lock on top that keeps small hands from opening it (but the gate will still close without engaging the lock if you want it to, for one handed opening.)

jdubyakc

lakeparkcpl wrote:You mentioned (and I see them in the specs) the 2 extensions this comes with. Does that give it the ability to go even wider than the stated 44" or does that include the extensions? TIA!

Our doorway is 34" and that maxes out the gate without extensions. So the 44" is with extensions. I will warn anyone that has a 34" opening, the gate is not completely sturdy. You have to extend the tension rods out so far that there is some slight movement in the gate but you can't use the extension because it makes it too wide for a 34" opening.

linkit123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linkit123

are the rungs close enough together that a small dog (mini doxi) would not get their head stuck?

jdubyakc

linkit123 wrote:are the rungs close enough together that a small dog (mini doxi) would not get their head stuck?

My cat squeezes through the bars. I measured and the slots are 2.5" but the sides will depend on the size of your doorway. My 34" doorway maxes out the length for the tension rods so I have a 3.5" gap on both sides of the gate - that is probably bid enough for a head to get thru. If your doorway was smaller (or you use the extentders) the gap would be less on the sides.

wiggi6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiggi6
lakeparkcpl wrote:You mentioned (and I see them in the specs) the 2 extensions this comes with. Does that give it the ability to go even wider than the stated 44" or does that include the extensions? TIA!

This gate goes 29-44 inches wide with the included extension kits.

Julbaby1028

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Julbaby1028

Does anyone have extra extensions they'd be willing to part with? The two that came with this gate are just a couple inches shy of what I need. I'd really love another of the larger ones! I'd be happy to pay for it - of course!