Quality Posts

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3119 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to learn all about Melissa and Doug

and

Solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) over at toysrus.com

niftyfifty

quality posts: 13 Private Messages niftyfifty

Love Melissa and Doug toys but I need to comment on the suggestion, "Great for individual or group play". Anytime you have pieces which you need to stick into your mouth, "group play" is not suggested unless you are seriously trying to strengthen the players immune systems. Just a thought.....

pthrowe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pthrowe

Oh if only my nephew and niece were still toddlers. We prided ourselves in finding the noisiest or messiest Christmas gift we could find every year for them, not exactly endearing us to my husband's brother and his wife. This would have fit the bill perfectly.

namzaps

quality posts: 6 Private Messages namzaps

Perfect gift for parents of young children, especially if you need to deprive them of even more sleep to get that extra edge at the office.

-JCH

nearchaos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nearchaos

The 18th piece should be a bottle of aspirin.

ilanaM55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ilanaM55

I bought this for my daughter for Christmas and I was pretty disappointed in the quality (two instruments are already broken and pitched). Usually M&D toys are so nice I was surprised at how dinky they really were and NOT worth the price even with the steep discount here on woot. Fisher Price makes some plastic music sets that are more durable and cheaper.

BPL5683

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

Updated Information:
I just wanted to mention to everyone that we've updated some of the copy to include the proper names of the instruments. None of us were in the percussion in school (I played saxophone myself)

We've updated to "In The Box" section to be more accurate.

Changes:
The "scraper sticks" are actually "Rhythm sticks"
Added the "Clapper" to the list

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

jimtoyguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimtoyguy

Let me get this straight.... a "17 piece" band set with 11 instruments? Are you counting each stick as a "piece"? Not to be picky......

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jimtoyguy wrote:Let me get this straight.... a "17 piece" band set with 11 instruments? Are you counting each stick as a "piece"? Not to be picky......

Manufacturers always count every piece. Kinda like a pan & lid being a two-piece set.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

codemanjoe14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages codemanjoe14

If this thing had a cowbell to go with it I would not wait more than a second to buy it!

mywootfest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mywootfest
ilanaM55 wrote:I bought this for my daughter for Christmas and I was pretty disappointed in the quality (two instruments are already broken and pitched). Usually M&D toys are so nice I was surprised at how dinky they really were and NOT worth the price even with the steep discount here on woot. Fisher Price makes some plastic music sets that are more durable and cheaper.

FYI: I was huge fan of te M&D toys. But as you say, the quality has diminished. I heard that they now manufacturer most of the toys in China???

jimtoyguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimtoyguy
ThunderThighs wrote:Manufacturers always count every piece. Kinda like a pan & lid being a two-piece set.

Thanks young lady! I knew that, just busting you guys.....

suequern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suequern

Melissa and Doug toys rock...but this is can be found everyday cheaper at amaxon

0x776F6F7421

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 0x776F6F7421

Enjoyed the bit of history as portrayed by the write-up. I am old enough to remember music before everything was sampled.

Just because the marketers count each piece doesn't make it okay. At least they didn't count each note on the xylophone as a piece.

rfonewatt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rfonewatt

Gotta LOVE the comment sections here on Woot! I can't count the number of times I've had my finger on the trigger and read all of the comments and put the safety back on.

It's a shame about the low quality/size - my daughter would have loved it.

I'll take the above posters advice and check out the Fisher Price stuffs.

-RF