Item Preview:

Item: Lionel O-Gauge Thomas & Friends Remote Train Set
Price: $119.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day
Condition: New
Read the Blog - Buy It

Search Amazon Search Google

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Lionel O-Gauge Thomas & Friends Remote Train Set
Price: $119.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard or $12 Two-Day or $15 One-Day
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
Google Products - Amazon - Previous Woot Sales

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme

See more products and accessories at LionelStore

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's watch this in action

zener

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zener

I had a cheap china made train and my toddler would have a blast arranging the track and connecting the cars. I was concerned because of the caution statement about electric shock. Is the primary of the transformer the only part to be careful about?...i.e. if a child takes off a track piece while the train is running could they receive a shock? Id really like to get this but i dont want to zap my kids. If theres one part they arent allowed to touch that isnt a problem they are obedient and understand dont touch hot or dangerous items and they dont. if its dont touch anything thats a show stopper. Not trying to sound paranoid just trying to understand....my dad got me a RC car that only turned right....lost every street RC obstacle race I ever entered.

labyrinthia

quality posts: 15 Private Messages labyrinthia

My brothers got two or three electric trains. I don't remember exactly. They kept asking for them, and then they'd get them, and then two months later they'd be in the closet with an inch of dust, and shortly thereafter regifted.

But those cheapo generic wooden train sets from Ikea, Target, and Kmart? They thought those things were the MOST AWESOME THINGS EVER.

So... know the kid you're getting it for. Some kids love electronic stuff. Other kids love cheap wooden sets with lead tinged paint that they can push around a track and make crash a hundred times over. With enough tracks that they can spend all day building a track long enough that it reaches from the front door to the back door.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
zener wrote:I had a cheap china made train and my toddler would have a blast arranging the track and connecting the cars. I was concerned because of the caution statement about electric shock. Is the primary of the transformer the only part to be careful about?...i.e. if a child takes off a track piece while the train is running could they receive a shock? Id really like to get this but i dont want to zap my kids. If theres one part they arent allowed to touch that isnt a problem they are obedient and understand dont touch hot or dangerous items and they dont. if its dont touch anything thats a show stopper. Not trying to sound paranoid just trying to understand....my dad got me a RC car that only turned right....lost every street RC obstacle race I ever entered.

Breaking the track apart will not shock your child. Even touching the transformer will rarely do it, but that's what the warning is for. Not for the track, or cars, or anything a child would usually try to play with.

sbaker7846

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbaker7846
zener wrote:I had a cheap china made train and my toddler would have a blast arranging the track and connecting the cars. I was concerned because of the caution statement about electric shock. Is the primary of the transformer the only part to be careful about?...i.e. if a child takes off a track piece while the train is running could they receive a shock? Id really like to get this but i dont want to zap my kids. If theres one part they arent allowed to touch that isnt a problem they are obedient and understand dont touch hot or dangerous items and they dont. if its dont touch anything thats a show stopper. Not trying to sound paranoid just trying to understand....my dad got me a RC car that only turned right....lost every street RC obstacle race I ever entered.

It's unlikely to shock your child. Of course with electricity there is always a possibility. I would be more concerned that your child will break the engine/train at that age.

sbaker7846

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbaker7846

I just attended a warehouse sale at the Lionel warehouse (one day a year) and they had these on display. Really cute train set. If you have a kid into Thomas they would love this. This Woot price is a good deal, even compared to the warehouse sale pricing.

zidja

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zidja

This is an ideal christmas tree loop. That kind of track with the roadbed built in is perfect for carpet or wrinkly tree skirts. I don't think there's much serious play value beyond that unless you had a ton of track or accessories. But it's great for the tree 1 month a year.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

zidja wrote:This is an ideal christmas tree loop. That kind of track with the roadbed built in is perfect for carpet or wrinkly tree skirts. I don't think there's much serious play value beyond that unless you had a ton of track or accessories. But it's great for the tree 1 month a year.

My son loved the train under the tree when he was little. The cat? Not so much.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

amplexor13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amplexor13

Does anyone know if the transformer can handle 220v? ---disregard. I read the product description shock warning.

secretagentbill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages secretagentbill

Wow, this set showed up in two days. Impressive. What's not impressive is that it's likely not a new product, as several things were broken / not working. I added it to the Christmas village and the niece and nephews had a blast running the train around. It's a fun little set. Just the quality of woots lately are disappointing.

paddysk74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paddysk74

Purchased this item two weeks ago. The only thing that appeared to have power is the remote, which had a red light come on. There is no power to the train. I don't know if the power cord is defective or if it is the actual train itself. I have tried for over a week to get Woot to respond, and they have not. Anybody have any suggestions?

xtn668

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtn668

Bought the train for under the Christmas Tree. My train came Dead on Arrival, I have message Woot 3 times and no response.

The Lionel tech support have been great in helping me trouble shoot the train, they have been really impressive. Lionel declared that I should return it to woot.

I have had great experience with woot in the past, it is not their fault the train is dead but their returns process is becoming a Christmas Nightmare.

My son was crushed when I had to pack up the train, I almost cried with him.

ThunderThighs

Staff

paddysk74 & xtn668: I'm sorry for the train problems. I'll ping CS to see what I can find out.

Paddy: You have an email asking clarification.

xtn668: CS can't find an email matching the one your account. If you used a different email, be sure to include your woot username and order number. Anyway, CS is emailing you at the email address on your woot account.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

paddysk74

I responded yesterday that I do, in fact, want to replace the item. I want it before Christmas. No response. The automated system is terrible and frustrating. Agree with the other poster about the Lionel people. At least I got to talk to them on the phone.

paddysk74

paddysk74 wrote:I responded yesterday that I do, in fact, want to replace the item. I want it before Christmas. No response. The automated system is terrible and frustrating. Agree with the other poster about the Lionel people. At least I got to talk to them on the phone.

Still no response from anyone at Woot. This is amazing. My first purchase will be my last for sure.

ThunderThighs

Staff

paddysk74 wrote:Still no response from anyone at Woot. This is amazing. My first purchase will be my last for sure.

They have your email. Thank you for your patience.

FORUM MODERATOR