Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $18 Two-Day OR $21 One-Day
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3690 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Time to learn all about playhut

onic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages onic

I was just about to grab one, then I noticed the amazon reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Playhut-Luxury-House-with-Accessories/dp/B006IFXNUK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384927596&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Playhut+Luxury+House+with+Accessories+-+10847-62R

lichme

quality posts: 3052 Private Messages lichme
onic wrote:I was just about to grab one, then I noticed the amazon reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Playhut-Luxury-House-with-Accessories/dp/B006IFXNUK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384927596&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Playhut+Luxury+House+with+Accessories+-+10847-62R

For the lazy: Most negative reviews state the tent is too big to stay up, and falls down very easily.

BPL5683

quality posts: 25 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

lichme wrote:For the lazy: Most negative reviews state the tent is too big to stay up, and falls down very easily.

It may be possible these folks had twisted frames when the tent was opened.

A twisted frame is easily fixed on these by grabbing the compromised section and "bicycling" it with your hands till it pops back into shape. We had no problems with the tent when we had it out at Woot! HQ.

It's also worth noting that the tent comes with one support pole that you attach to the inside of the roof of the house, to increase the rigidity of the structure overall.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

lichme

quality posts: 3052 Private Messages lichme
BPL5683 wrote:It may be possible these folks had twisted frames when the tent was opened.

A twisted frame is easily fixed on these by grabbing the compromised section and "bicycling" it with your hands till it pops back into shape. We had no problems with the tent when we had it out at Woot! HQ.

It's also worth noting that the tent comes with one support pole that you attach to the inside of the roof of the house, to increase the rigidity of the structure overall.

Sounds like a real actual field test video is in order. I volunteer Slydon to demo the product.

BPL5683

Staff

lichme wrote:Sounds like a real actual field test video is in order. I volunteer Slydon to demo the product.

Unfortunately, he's about 2200 miles away from our sample, but perhaps in the morning TT (and/or) I can provide more pictures.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

GreatJorge

quality posts: 39 Private Messages GreatJorge

I hit Buy it - but before doing check out looked for reviews.. found these at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Playhut-Luxury-House-with-Accessories/product-reviews/B006IFXNUK

only a few reviews but most say the house falls down when kids touch the walls etc...
I'm bailing - I was buying it for a gift

BPL5683

Staff

GreatJorge wrote:I hit Buy it - but before doing check out looked for reviews.. found these at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Playhut-Luxury-House-with-Accessories/product-reviews/B006IFXNUK

only a few reviews but most say the house falls down when kids touch the walls etc...
I'm bailing - I was buying it for a gift

Please read my above comments. We'll try to get some pics later in the day.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

On the topic of it falling over....

This is no different than any child's nylon-style play tent. If they play rough with it, it will fall over. My son had many of these style tents (not nearly as large) and he quickly learned not to tip it over.

When used outside, it has anchor loops at the corners that you can use to hold it to the ground. You can pick up tent stakes at a hardware or sport store.

Here's a picture of the loops:

I also don't see how it can fall down without pulling the walls in as though you were getting ready to compress it down for storage.

And I'm proud to say that two of us that both admit to being challenged with twist sunshades managed to get it up and put away.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tweber

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tweber

We've had an older version of this for about 6 years now (without accessories) and it has been worth every penny. We've had no problem with the tent falling over and we love it. The fact that our old one is still in great condition says a lot about the quality to me, and it has had some rough treatment.

xaynai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xaynai

I was about to buy it for my son for a gift this holiday but after seeing the reviews, I bailed on it. I do not want a flimsy tent, and it's pretty windy here so we would need a better made/quality tent vs the flimsy/touch it - it falls type.

feffers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages feffers

Can I please buy just the accessories? Pretty please? You look lovely today.

My kids have this tent and its awesome!
We use it indoors, and its survived for 4 years having regular, rough play from my 5 yr old twins and my 3 yr old and it still looks new (except for the large cat drawing one twin drew).

Never had a problem with this falling over or collapsing on accident... On purpose is another story... My 3 yr old's favorite game is "dinosaur destory" which involves running fill speed into this tent and stomping it (usually with his sisters inside).

courtney

minnahpage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minnahpage

Odd questions for anyone who has one: Can the doors be completely closed--i.e., zipped or securely velcro'd? Do both halves have floors?

I'm thinking it looks like a good place to put a litter of puppies for some contained outdoors play...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

minnahpage wrote:Odd questions for anyone who has one: Can the doors be completely closed--i.e., zipped or securely velcro'd? Do both halves have floors?

I'm thinking it looks like a good place to put a litter of puppies for some contained outdoors play...

It does not have floors. I have a suspicion that pups would be able to wiggle underneath the walls even if you did anchor the corners.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tscott16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tscott16

Did anyone's order ship yet?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

tscott16 wrote:Did anyone's order ship yet?

If you ordered standard shipping, it usually takes 3-5 business days from the sale to ship out (most often sooner than that).
If you still don't see any updates or tracking by November 27th, please feel free to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

tscott16

ROGETRAY wrote:If you ordered standard shipping, it usually takes 3-5 business days from the sale to ship out (most often sooner than that).
If you still don't see any updates or tracking by November 27th, please feel free to write into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.

Thank you!

tscott16

It was delivered yesterday and my son loves it!! It is HUGE and I can't wait to use it at my son's party this weekend. The shipping was super fast, I was scared it wouldn't arrive in time! Thanks Woot! I definitely will be purchasing the rest of my Xmas gifts from your site!