WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you understand modern slang?
  • 10.3% - I do. It's easy! 85
  • 26.9% - I do, but I'd never use it myself. But I could translate if needed. 223
  • 38.1% - I do, I think. I'm never totally sure. 316
  • 11.9% - Oh, good Lord, no. 99
  • 12.8% - We speake the Queen's Englishe in the Householde Mine, good sirrah. Forbidden be the slangtrician and his serpent's tongue 106
829 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

"Sirrah"'s an insult, yo. You could be sarcasming with the "good" preface, but it's redundant when "sirrah"'s already got that attitude folded right into itself and just makes it seem off rather than the condescension it could be simply miasma-ing. Harrumph.

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

For shizzle.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

zener

quality posts: 20 Private Messages zener

aight, we can poll all night cuz the rents will pay for the schwenches za.

ardubu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ardubu

Solid copy your last...
Prefer mil slang.
Out.

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

MsChis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MsChis

If I don't know for sure I just ask. Or Google it. That's what "Urban Dictionaries" are for.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Modern slang is so groovy, cool, far-out, neat-o and outta sight.
Can you dig it?

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
manhandsha wrote:For shizzle.

Is that modern anymore?

megahertz67

quality posts: 1 Private Messages megahertz67

I understand using it in conversation, but I don't like it in written form. Twitter has restrictions of space, so condensed, phonetic spellings are understandable. But it really bothers me when adults shorten already short words when texting. A friend uses 'k' instead of 'ok' and that seems stupid to me.

Now get off my lawn! (grumbling) Damn kids and their texting...