Time to check out a video

codeman9090

quality posts: 1 Private Messages codeman9090

It's the WiiU!

canucker1983

quality posts: 17 Private Messages canucker1983
DeeL75 wrote:Bad reviews on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B004CJ9D6W/ref=mw_dp_cr

These are reviews for model LV-TW501 (Safe n'See) not LV-TW502 (Safe n'See Advanced) which is featured today on Woot.

Here is a link to the Amazon product page for the Safe n'See Advanced -
http://www.amazon.com/Levana-LV-TW502-Advanced-Controlled-Lullabies/dp/B005IA84M8

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983

Greetings Wooters!

Levana company rep here to answer any questions you might have.

Ask away!

Defender Company Rep

cmama3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmama3
canucker1983 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

Ask away!

Can you turn the camera from the other room? And is audio 2 way?

SaVioR

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SaVioR

What frequency does this unit run on? Last set I purchased from a different company ended up not working because it interfered with the wireless network in the house.

http://f5live.tv/joinus
Live Tech Radio Show Every Sunday @ 9 PM ET

canucker1983

cmama3 wrote:Can you turn the camera from the other room? And is audio 2 way?

Hello,

This product does feature two-way audio which allows you to talk to your baby from the monitor.

Unfortunately it is not possible to move the camera position remotely from another room (feature called remote Pan/Tilt/Zoom control).

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983

SaVioR wrote:What frequency does this unit run on? Last set I purchased from a different company ended up not working because it interfered with the wireless network in the house.

This model works on Digital 2.4 Ghz which is not typically prone to interference issues from other wireless devices. Analog products have far fewer channels and are more prone to interference.

Defender Company Rep

sxk5119

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sxk5119

Bought this last time it was offered and we love it so far! The battery on the screen lasts a long time, the image quality is good.

The night vision is good if there's a tiny bit of light and only mediocre if there's no light at all, but that's pretty standard in my opinion.

The range is good too -- I tested it from one corner of the house to the opposite corner and it worked great. (For what it's worth, I have tons of other wireless electronics and it doesn't seem to interfere).

philmills

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philmills

I own one.

Battery life on receiver: pretty good - lasts us for about 4-5 hours of naps.

Battery life on camera: pretty miserable - an hour tops on fresh Eneloops.

Range on receiver: pretty good - we can get about 2 (narrow) houses down the block before the receiver complains.

Audio quality: so-so. We can hear the baby just fine, but it's hard to make out words if you're talking quietly (like "Honey, could you make another bottle and bring it upstairs?").

Video quality: Adequate. Not hi-def (or remotely as good as the doctored advertisement images make it out to be) but pretty good, considering. Pro-tip: have fun playing "find the baby in the dark" when you discover that her PJs have the same IR reflectance as her crib sheets.
In 6 months, video locked up once (audio was still going, but video was stuck) and got some odd solid green bars on it once. Had to restart the camera to clear in each case.

Hardware: Adequate, but cheap. The power bricks are the cheapest things Levana could source from China. We replaced two that had continuous high-pitched squeals. To Levana's credit, they replaced them without question.
The power cord is basically too short to put the camera anywhere useful - I took some extra 2-conductor wire and spliced another 10' of length into one of the power bricks so that I can get the camera so it looks down into the crib.
LEDs on the reciever are VERY bright - I put some clear tape over them and scribbled on the tape with a Sharpie to take the edge off. Very hard to sleep near this thing otherwise.

Manual: Good except for describing the function of the two LEDs on the receiver. That part made no sense at all to us.

Overall it's a really good deal at Woot's price. I doubt I'd pay retail for it, though.

trojan372

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trojan372
philmills wrote:I own one.

Battery life on receiver: pretty good - lasts us for about 4-5 hours of naps.

Battery life on camera: pretty miserable - an hour tops on fresh Eneloops.

Range on receiver: pretty good - we can get about 2 (narrow) houses down the block before the receiver complains.

Audio quality: so-so. We can hear the baby just fine, but it's hard to make out words if you're talking quietly (like "Honey, could you make another bottle and bring it upstairs?").

Video quality: Adequate. Not hi-def (or remotely as good as the doctored advertisement images make it out to be) but pretty good, considering. Pro-tip: have fun playing "find the baby in the dark" when you discover that her PJs have the same IR reflectance as her crib sheets.
In 6 months, video locked up once (audio was still going, but video was stuck) and got some odd solid green bars on it once. Had to restart the camera to clear in each case.

Hardware: Adequate, but cheap. The power bricks are the cheapest things Levana could source from China. We replaced two that had continuous high-pitched squeals. To Levana's credit, they replaced them without question.
The power cord is basically too short to put the camera anywhere useful - I took some extra 2-conductor wire and spliced another 10' of length into one of the power bricks so that I can get the camera so it looks down into the crib.
LEDs on the reciever are VERY bright - I put some clear tape over them and scribbled on the tape with a Sharpie to take the edge off. Very hard to sleep near this thing otherwise.

Manual: Good except for describing the function of the two LEDs on the receiver. That part made no sense at all to us.

Overall it's a really good deal at Woot's price. I doubt I'd pay retail for it, though.

Cool review!

I'm a first time dad (she's due in March) and I'm also a techie. My options would be where I could get a normal wifi webcam at a higher price and use our phones and old phones as monitors. Or I can just get something cheap like this on Woot.

Any input? A true wifi camera I could let other people view over the internet (if I got it set up through firewall/router right), but this would work fairly well for a in-home monitor.

Thanks!

clintjsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintjsmith

This looks like the same thing here for $59.39 and shipping is free.

https://www.blinq.com/toys-baby/baby-monitors/levana-safe-n-see-wirless-advanced-3-5-digital-video-baby-monitor/113212?condition=new-open-box&gclid=COm5xPOBv7oCFco9QgodtFIAMw

flutie311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flutie311

I have another baby monitor working on 2.4ghz spectrum already, will that intefere with this one? Also will this one work through 3-4 walls approximately 100 feet away?

canucker1983 wrote:Greetings Wooters!

Ask away!

canucker1983

clintjsmith wrote:This looks like the same thing here for $59.39 and shipping is free.

https://www.blinq.com/toys-baby/baby-monitors/levana-safe-n-see-wirless-advanced-3-5-digital-video-baby-monitor/113212?condition=new-open-box&gclid=COm5xPOBv7oCFco9QgodtFIAMw

Blinq.com is not an authorized seller of Levana products and nobody has a better deal than Woot! Buyer beware!

Defender Company Rep

canucker1983

flutie311 wrote:I have another baby monitor working on 2.4ghz spectrum already, will that intefere with this one? Also will this one work through 3-4 walls approximately 100 feet away?

You should experience no interference from your other baby monitor and the Safe n'See Advanced shouldn't interfere with your other monitor.

The wireless range is hard to say for sure but if your other monitor works at a similar distance with the same number of walls in between, you should be fine.

Defender Company Rep

wolper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolper

I'm considering buying this to replace an older model of Levana video monitor and camera. That unit has only caused me problems including an increasingly washed out image and completely inaccurate temperature. When I contacted Levana I had very little luck getting help. Seems stupid to go back to them for another try. Especially given the warranty horror stories I see on other sites.

clintjsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintjsmith

Woot removes reasonable comments that contain sarcasm? Interesting...

michellepoly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michellepoly

Got this one last time. We use it in our chicken coop. It's great, except I don't think our night vision works any more... That was uber cool when it did. Hey Levana rep, is that a switch that may have been flipped to turn the night vision off? where?

horselovr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horselovr

MUST ADD A WORD OF CAUTION!!! When your baby outgrows it, get it OUT OF THE HOUSE!! My very creative older (about 7 year old) son used it against mommy and daddy and hid it under our bed so he could see what we were saying about him. I only found it because I vaccumed under the bed and found the monitor (turned ON) and went to his room and found the receiver!!! He said it was only there for a few days.......

horselovr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages horselovr

By the way, I let him live. He is now 30 and is afraid to have kids. (Something about payback)