Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme

Item: ABC Foam Playmat
Price: $17.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
9/17/2013 - $17.99 - 23 comment(s)
7/8/2013 - $17.99 - 21 comment(s)
3/3/2013 - $17.99 - 19 comment(s)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

lichme

quality posts: 3194 Private Messages lichme

Said it before. This has many uses. Learning to read, learning to fit shapes into their respective places, and you can build forts. Who doesnt like forts?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3920 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4 out of 5 stars) over at walmart.com

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

It's not super thick. On squishy carpet, shapes tend to poke out and come apart when stepped on.
Put some duct tape on the back of the letters with small punch-outs to keep them from falling out and getting lodged in your (or baby's) throat.
You can build a fort as lichme suggests, but don't expect the letters to stay in place very well. It'll just be a fort with a lot of windows.

Allegro100

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Allegro100

This looks like the one we have, and TBH, it's not that great. The squares are small, and the foam is very light--it doesn't hold together very well at all. It might work on hard surfaces for older children, but basically useless as a barrier between my barfy baby and our poor, formula-stained carpet.

bhiga

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bhiga

Got this on a previous round. While our set has succeeded in protecting the carpet, I have to agree with Allegro100 and the others. The little "dimples" will hold a tiny amount of liquid, but because the letters dislodge easily, don't expect it to stop a large liquid mess.

The color selection seems quite random (I bought 3 sets), between yellow, red, green/teal, blue, orange and purple, though none of the pieces I received had the same color letter and background.

Also, keep in mind that this set does NOT come with border/edges, so if you intend to fully cover an area you'll need to find a way to fill the gapes at the edge or cut off the puzzle "fingers" on the outer pieces.

bhiga

quality posts: 18 Private Messages bhiga

Just measured it, the thickness is between 5/16-inch and 3/8-inch (or 6/16-inch for the denominator-impaired). The specs say 0.375-inch which is 3/8-ing, so that's right.

Our relatives have a different set that is 1/2-inch thick or more, and has larger tiles. Not sure where they got theirs from though.

cfox612

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfox612

With shipping comes out to $22.99 for just the alphabet. Toys R Us has a set with 36 pieces (includes 0-9) for $24.99.

We loved our one from TRU while my brother had this from a previous woot and wasn't as happy about quality. TRU blocks are .5", these are .375", TRU includes "edging" for a 6x6 square, this does not. Both have pop out letters and can create blocks.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11773791

viidim7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages viidim7

The pieces don't make very stable forts. And if you have a cat, expect them to see this as a very colorful scratching post. But as a floor covering, it works relatively well. My preschooler has had it for two years and still loves playing "alphabet hopscotch" and spelling things out on the floor.

wienerdogsrule

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wienerdogsrule

Saw them at walmart yesterday for 19.99. its cheaper at wallyworld and you dont have to wait a week for woot to ship.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

If your kid is very little, have fun spelling adult-themed words on the play mat. I was able to do 3 different naughty 4-letter words without repeating a letter! Prepare for lolz when company comes over to see the new baby!