WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How do you deal with unwrapped treats on Halloween?
  • 5.5% - My philosophy is sure, why not? Kids are tough, right? 40
  • 53% - They are only allowed from very close friends and/or family. People who we know and trust. 383
  • 24.2% - I plan to refuse them completely. Who even DOES that? 175
  • 1.8% - I'll call the police and give them one as evidence, just in case. 13
  • 15.5% - If someone gives an unwrapped treat to MY kid on Halloween, I'll burn their #$%^&@ house down. 112
723 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

barbaa0613

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barbaa0613

How about you just throw them in the trash.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

This was the rule I grew up with and I hold it to my kids, if I know them then whatever, if I find it in their bag, then it's in the trash. It was justified where I grew up (Southern California), so I figure wierdos are everywhere, holds reasonable to keep it in play.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

It is a shame that it has come to this. When I was a kid, you could trust that home-made goodies or fruit were better than candy and good for the kids. Now, it has to be a wrapped commercial candy or it's not safe. Maybe we've gotten too greedy and let the kids go out of our local friendly neighbor range. What once was a fun outing is now who gets the most free sugar.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

We used to spend hours on Halloween making and wrapping multi-colored popcorn balls. Kids on the block would line up for 'em.
Those days are gone because of sickkos and wierdos.
Too bad.

theco2

quality posts: 67 Private Messages theco2

I personally test every piece of candy. They don't have much left, when I'm done, but they don't get sick, either. I won't talk about my stomach ache.

stormbourne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stormbourne
theco2 wrote:I personally test every piece of candy. They don't have much left, when I'm done, but they don't get sick, either. I won't talk about my stomach ache.

Chocolates first, those are the most suspect ones.