WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What are the "no-no" words in your house?
  • 7.7% - Shut up 99
  • 8.1% - Stupid 103
  • 1.6% - Fart 21
  • 1.2% - Suck 15
  • 29.1% - Any curse word 372
  • 46.1% - A combo of the above 590
  • 6.2% - Something else (comments, please) 79
1279 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

3 + 4 is a big no-no.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Congeal. And a plethora of other gross words that I just don't like but aren't appropriate to share.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

Using offensive language is an art form in our house, but you must use it correctly and pronounce it properly.

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

No.

x8

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii

When my kids were toddlers, stupid the THE bad word in our house. For years, until they started school they thought it was worse than the F word. So, when they were maddest, it was their go to word. Saved us some embarrassment in public.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

George Carlin's seven plus stupid, shut up and hard candy.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

My mother-in-law used to yell "shut up" at her children all the time. So my wife doesn't allow those words to be said.

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett

I intend to instill the idea in her head that words are just symbols for ideas and it is the idea that is bad not the word.

but right now . . dummy, it's what I call the dog

gingertalls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingertalls

they can say pretty much whatever (as long as it's not excessive) AND as long as they don't take that language outside the house.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

the major ones will get in a bit of trouble stupid is an offense that will get you talked to and soap if repeated, most depends on how they're being used

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

mamayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamayo

I have a disabled daughter so the no-no words are the ones that demean the disabled. no 'R' words.

triplebud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages triplebud

"Whatever"
If my daughter says that, my wife starts yelling about wire hangers and red headed step children.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

"WOOT-OFF"

A scary thing for a child to say...

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

No. That's the one that gets soap in the mouth.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
RKett wrote:I intend to instill the idea in her head that words are just symbols for ideas and it is the idea that is bad not the word....

This is what we've done with ours. They seem to have taken it to heart, and actually seem to be better at censoring themselves than I am for myself.

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

Our youngest (dog - Noodles) dislikes the F word. He's empathetic and will try to snuggle up to you because he knows (thinks?) somethings wrong when he hears it.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

When my son was in first grade, he told me that one of the kids at school used the "s word" that day. A little prodding revealed that my son was under the impression that "stupid" was the "s word".

dnlkolender

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dnlkolender
mamayo wrote:I have a disabled daughter so the no-no words are the ones that demean the disabled. no 'R' words.

Yup, yup. & no racical, ethnic, gender, sexuality or religious based attacks allowed. So curse yer butt off here as long as you respect equality.

P.S. Bless her lil heart, hugs!!

dnlkolender

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dnlkolender
moles1138 wrote:Our youngest (dog - Noodles) dislikes the F word. He's empathetic and will try to snuggle up to you because he knows (thinks?) somethings wrong when he hears it.

Awwww! If I had a bad argument with my girlfriend, I'd wake up & go to put on my boots & the laces would fall off in pieces. It was one of my bunnies, Mortimer (he was so protective of her, they bonded so closely), and he'd do it every time we had fought!!!

Girlfriend's still here, lil bunnies are in heaven now, having fun, waiting till we're all together again some day. "I still love you Mortimer & Behemoth! Always will, kids." =)

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284

global warming

johnlg50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnlg50

Cocksucker. My daughter first used it when she was 7. It is her favorite word she is 24 now.

Tobey Lang

justdarbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justdarbie

hard candy....it is absolutely forbiden. I work with special needs individuals and my family knows better than to throw this word around.

justdarbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justdarbie
justdarbie wrote:hard candy....it is absolutely forbiden. I work with special needs individuals and my family knows better than to throw this word around.

Interesting "hard candy" shows up as "hard candy"??

spldart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spldart

So far nothing is off limits in this house.

bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf

it's cute when kids swear.

I especially like the look that christian-like people give when my kid swears in public.

maxthunder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxthunder

No one is allowed to mention "Sarah Palin"

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

My children are the best kind of kids, the are dogs. You can't say the word granddaddy because then they start looking for him thinking they are getting to go on an overnight. My parents take their role as four legged grandparents very seriously.

dbearup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbearup

We weren't allowed to say "hate" in my house growing up. If I disliked something I was not allowed to say that I hated it.

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

"But there is no more beer daddy"

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

dianewagner64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dianewagner64

Republican is really the only no no word in our home