WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you buy organic?
  • 49.5% - Heck no. I don't have the time or money for that hippy stuff. 393
  • 19.8% - Absolutely. If it's better for my kids, it's worth the extra effort. 157
  • 30.7% - Sometimes. I’ll explain in the comments. 244
794 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

Sometimes at the store if the product looks good. There are enough preservatives and poisons in our foods, organic takes a little of that edge off. When we do Green Bean Delivery we do, but that goes without saying... also when we buy from the wife's uncle's farm.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

kbsig106

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kbsig106

Buy locally grown produce - organic or not. You'll make a better impact and a lesser impact at the same time.

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

Only thing I buy organic is local eggs from from local farmers. I don't by them because they are organic, I just buy them because they taste better.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

If by organic you mean: of, relating to, or denoting compounds containing carbon (other than simple binary compounds and salts) and chiefly or ultimately of biological origin. Then yes.

x8

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

I don't specifically go looking for organic, but some of the items I get just are.

pbsoko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pbsoko

Organic is gaining a larger market share for a reason. People are realizing that it is healthier and safer for you. Organic doesn't mean they don't 'spray'; everyone sprays. Organic certified means the farmers can only use certain products on their produce that are considered 'natural' and not synthetic and/or petroleum based.
I'd go with organic 100% of the time just for the peace of mind. I would also love to buy from local farmers, but here in Phoenix that is a joke since nothing can really grow out here other than cow food.

shannonwig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shannonwig

I try to buy organic for my children when I can. For items that are normally full of perservatives, like pre-packaged fruit sauces I almost always buy organic. Also, things like honeys and jellys. Just trying to make a healthy item as healthy as possible. We all eat so much bad stuff even when we think we are eating healthy. I have also switched to Whole Food vitamins so I get actual fruits and vegetables instead of synthetics.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 22 Private Messages daveinwarshington

I'd buy 'organic',
But I'd just have to sprinkle pesticides, herbicides and other chemicals on it to make it taste better.