conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3367 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (3.9 out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3367 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out the product page

zarchitect

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zarchitect

Let's take off the pedals, gears, all controls - add a pink paint on it with some cute stickers and sell it to a bunch of unsuspecting hipsters for the same price as a normal bike that can actually go uphill - marketing genius!

bornonbord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bornonbord

Is this able to ship to an FPO?

Jonas4321

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Jonas4321

Anybody got stats on how many times Kids Woot! has offered balance bikes in the past 2 years? I swear this has to be the most frequent item (in various styles, it seems) on here. So, either they sell well, have a high profit margin, or Woot! has a ton of the things.

No Advertisement Here
That's why I haven't made thousands of posts...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bornonbord wrote:Is this able to ship to an FPO?

Yes, we will state when APO/FBO shipping is not available. For this sale, you are golden so go buy 3.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5
zarchitect wrote:Let's take off the pedals, gears, all controls - add a pink paint on it with some cute stickers and sell it to a bunch of unsuspecting hipsters for the same price as a normal bike that can actually go uphill - marketing genius!

You are completely missing the point. Pedals and all that other crap hinder your child's ability to learn how to balance on a bike. You don't need to learn how to pedal, you need to learn how to balance. Your child will learn how to balance quite quickly on one of these. Also, for a child, you don't want gears, they add an unnecessary complication. One more benefit of this type of bike is that it doesn't weigh as much as you child. At less than 10lbs your child can move it around with ease. They won't be struggling to get in and out of the house like they would with any steel bike.

briansgunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briansgunn

In for one. The wife says she hasn't seen them for less than $60 elsewhere. We live in a townhome community so I figure I can recoop some money on it pretty easy when the time comes to upgrade to a real bike.

joshpeterson47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joshpeterson47

I highly recommend these balance bikes. Our daughter started on hers when she was three years old and loved it. She was kicking to get to full speed and picking up her feet to cruse in minutes. Within a few days she was a pro and having a TON of fun on it. Our neighbors were surprised how quick she was balancing. At four years old a family down the street had a garage sale which included their daughter's bicycle she grew out of. My wife and I were just talking about getting a bike, so I bought it. After buying, I was chatting with the neighbor while my daughter sat on the bike saying, "Let's go dad, let's go!" I told her to wait a minute while I finished talking. Well, she didn't wait, she just TOOK OFF... NO spotting needed, NO help from me. She just kicked to get speed and started pedaling. I had to run to catch up and then I jogged along her side. She was SO excited! I was blown away saying, “Wow, you’re doing it!” We were both all smiles, I just had to coach her to keep looking forward, etc. She went down the street, turned into the curl-de-sac we live on, and into the drive way and stopped! I wish I had her smile on camera... she was SO HAPPY with herself!!

So yeah, buy these and your kids will have a lot of fun when they’re young, and you won't have the pain of training wheels and teaching them to balance while they try to figure out pedals and controlling a big metal bike at the same time. Once they have the balance, pedaling is a breeze.

ceacea12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceacea12

15 yrs ago My son learned how to ride a bike this way in one day... using a 'regular' bike. Just didn't put his feet on the pedals. You can probably remove them (I know you can at least remove the plastic foot rests)and replace them after your child has learned to balance. No need to buy an extra bike, although they're cute.

krittikae

quality posts: 20 Private Messages krittikae

Do they make this for grown ups? I still can't ride a bike.

jentuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jentuke

Has anyone else received their order yet. I had a huge Where's the Horror? moment when I opened the plain brown box to find the balance bike packaging hand-ripped into chunks and placed into the box along with all the loose balance bike parts without any type of protection. The shipping label had been placed on the balance bike package and then that section was ripped off and then taped to the plain brown box.

It is a good thing I had planned to assemble this before putting it under the christmas.

mrfrankho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrfrankho
jentuke wrote:Has anyone else received their order yet. I had a huge Where's the Horror? moment when I opened the plain brown box to find the balance bike packaging hand-ripped into chunks and placed into the box along with all the loose balance bike parts without any type of protection. The shipping label had been placed on the balance bike package and then that section was ripped off and then taped to the plain brown box.

It is a good thing I had planned to assemble this before putting it under the christmas.

We received it and we are missing the bag with the instructions and center bolt holding the pieces together. The rest of it was packed pretty nicely. Just sent a note to customer service.