WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Trend Lab Diapers

Babies might not understand fashion, but they still want to be a part of it. Test it by putting a normal diaper and some of these snazzy diapers on opposite sides of the room, and seeing which the baby crawls towards. You might be surprised which one they prefer.

Quality Posts

tobuns

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tobuns

I bought 4 of these about a year ago. I should have bought 6-7.

The diaper covers are great! They are highly adjustable, easy to clean and dry.

The inserts are awful IMO. They get wet (obviously) and stay wet. They not only keep that moisture next to the skin, they quickly transfer it to the diaper cover. This means it's not like you just swap out the insert and go on, you have to change the cover too. When you do wash the inserts, they are the kind of item you need to leave in the drier for hours. We line dry most things and these liners take over a day to line dry.

What we do is use another old fashioned cloth diaper as an insert and just use the trend labs cover. Works great.

hachi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hachi

thanks for sharing your experience. i think i'll try these out!

kznny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kznny

I have used many types of cloth diapers - these were the worst. I gave them away for free on Craigslist.

tigzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tigzy

FYI - these are just as good (possibly worse due to the inserts being directly on the skin - microfiber shouldn't be against the skin) as Alva brand diapers. And you can get Alva's from their website for about $5/ea and some packages even cheaper from eBay.

If you're going to go cheap, go with them or Kawaii.

However, if you go with cheap cloth diapers be aware that you get what you pay for. The China diapers (these included, I'm sure) have a lack of customer service, warranty and quality control. One diaper may fit great, another may leak. Stitching may be off. PUL may delaminate quickly.

These things are less likely with a quality brand, but those are also $15+/ea - just go in knowing what you're paying for and don't be turned off because one of them leaks on a regular basis when you are using $5 diapers.

amifk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amifk

I see this cheapo brand sold on a lot of these discount sites (Woot, KeeKoo, etc). I have not personally tried them, but I have several other brands, including Bum Genius, Rumperooz, Charlie Banana, Fuzzibunz, Hero, Thirsties, Best Bottom, standard pre-fold OsoCozy's, and Bumpkins (another crap diaper, IMO). You get what you pay for. I would happily pay $15-$20 per diaper for a Bum Genius that will last the 2+ years my child will wear it (and hopefully another 2+ years for the next), and not have to deal with leaks and blowouts. It is not worth the laundry costs and aggravation to deal with cheap leaky diapers. I would rather just use disposables than crappy cloth diapers. I actually gave away the Bumkins for free because it leaked so much. Having to wash not only the diaper, but the clothes, and the sheets or whatever else the baby was laying on when the diaper leaks through is a mess, especially when you have to keep washing car seat covers or swing lining.

kznny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kznny

Exactly - I was lazy so I just skipped to the conclusion. There are many better options that are worth the increased price.

amifk wrote:I see this cheapo brand sold on a lot of these discount sites (Woot, KeeKoo, etc). I have not personally tried them, but I have several other brands, including Bum Genius, Rumperooz, Charlie Banana, Fuzzibunz, Hero, Thirsties, Best Bottom, standard pre-fold OsoCozy's, and Bumpkins (another crap diaper, IMO). You get what you pay for. I would happily pay $15-$20 per diaper for a Bum Genius that will last the 2+ years my child will wear it (and hopefully another 2+ years for the next), and not have to deal with leaks and blowouts. It is not worth the laundry costs and aggravation to deal with cheap leaky diapers. I would rather just use disposables than crappy cloth diapers. I actually gave away the Bumkins for free because it leaked so much. Having to wash not only the diaper, but the clothes, and the sheets or whatever else the baby was laying on when the diaper leaks through is a mess, especially when you have to keep washing car seat covers or swing lining.