WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you explaining the governmental shutdown to your young kids?
  • 10.5% - Yes, I'm saying it's the president's fault. 74
  • 9.1% - Yes, I'm saying it's the fault of Congress. 64
  • 8.4% - Yes, I'm saying everyone is at fault. 59
  • 4.8% - Yes, I'm not assigning blame but letting them form their own opinion. 34
  • 25.6% - No, I don't think they really would care about grown-up stuff. 180
  • 3.1% - No, we're deliberately avoiding the topic. 22
  • 20.9% - I no longer have young kids. 147
  • 17.6% - Wait a second, whoosamint shut down whatzit now? 124
704 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Working for the DOD, coming from a fairly liberal family, and marrying into a very conservative family I have explained it to the kids. And my opinion is shared by all family and most I meet, we need to wipe it clean and start fresh. They are all crooks with their own agendas and the greater good of the people isn't on it.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

If its not related to Bubble Guppies or Dora, my kids don't really care.

darkchylde13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darkchylde13
deadeye37 wrote:If its not related to Bubble Guppies or Dora, my kids don't really care.

+1 Our daughter is 3 and she has absolutely no interest in government. Paw Patrol and Bubble Guppies on the other hand... lol

elchasqui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elchasqui

If I tried to explain it to my kids, they would sit in polite boredom until I finished and would then promptly forget the conversation ever happened and go read a book.

ledfootmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ledfootmel

My kids are old enough to know the correct answer, which you didn't even list; it's the fault of the House of Representative Republicans who went along with a crazy idea of Ted Cruz, which didn't even have any chance of the shutdown's original goal (to defund Obamacare).

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

Most people like to think it's the fault of both parties. But intelligent folk understand that Ted Cruz and his ilk are living in a a gerrymandered bubble. So while they think that everyone is with them, really a small group of ignorant folk are the only ones there.

Even a child could understand that.