WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Parents with a college kid and a younger kid: how's the younger one dealing with the change?
  • 21.9% - They love it! More room for them! 131
  • 29.3% - They're neutral. Sometimes they seem to like it, other times... 175
  • 10.6% - They hate it. They really miss their older sibling. 63
  • 31.7% - You know, I'm not sure they've even noticed. GTA V is really engrossing. 189
  • 6.5% - I want to tell a story about my kids in the comments. AND I WILL, TOO! 39
597 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

dns12999

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dns12999

LIARS!!! Where are the promised stories about your kids last option selectors!

elchasqui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elchasqui
dns12999 wrote:LIARS!!! Where are the promised stories about your kids last option selectors!

+1 :D

gingertalls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gingertalls

My girls are 5 years apart..1 in elementary, 1 in middle school. Being step-sisters, they only see each other 2 weekends a month. They miss each other dearly. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

greenlantern57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenlantern57

My youngest divided his time between band, baseball, going to his brother's college with us to the games, and his job. He really didn't have time to miss his brother. His sophomore year at college, he moved into the same rent home as his brother. They got plenty of together time AWAY from parents.

Listening to the voices is calming. Except for Fernado, he pushes my buttons.

hollisha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollisha

Our family is a ready made family from both sides. My children are 3 & 6. My spouse's children are 21 & 18. When we married his daughter choose to never meet my self or my children; one because she was angry her father married some one so much younger than him self, two because she was just graduated from high school and moved to her grandmother's, three she has a life plan we didn't fit, she was off to collage and to continue her life plan. She stopped speaking to her father as well (he calls every month).
His son on the other hand stuck around for the first year and a half. He then choose to move to his mother's. (She isn't a great mom her step-children chose to move out away from her to their mother over having their dad as soon as they were 14.) He stayed there and moved out when high school was over to his grandmother's. In all of this I believe he chose this for space and no children being around. But he has nevertheless forgotten about his new expanded family or father. He visits every week and sleeps in his own room (when collage allows him the time.
It took a medium like effect on my kiddos they ask where he is from time to time when he hasn't been around. My 3 year old asks almost every other day. They always miss him the day after he was home, but I think they understand in their own kid way.
The daughter they have never met so no effect could be made by her.
So yes my kids were effected by my husband's son.