WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

XOLO Mismatched Shoes for Kids & Mom

Mom loves baby and baby loves mom. Who cares if they're twinsies, right? Buy some stylished mismatched shoes and you can spend that money on love, not a designer's brand name. A decade from now, the brand name won't be what you look back on fondly.
XOLO official site

Quality Posts

clocked115

quality posts: 3 Private Messages clocked115

measure your feet these sizes are Way off. FYI

kpascover

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kpascover

I bought these in a previous woot sale for my daughter, and they didn't last a week under normal wear. They were kind enough to replace them (I paid shipping costs) because there were some manufacturing issues, but the replacements didn't last any longer, and I didn't bother calling again.

catz74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catz74

These shoes look so awesome! Have to find out what size my nephew wears so I can get him a pair!

chrcon1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chrcon1

Bought these and the sizing does run VERY SMALL. By comparing the ones I bought and couldn't get on my daughter's feet to one's that fit her, it seems the sizing is two to three sizes off.

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

Do you think the size issue is with the rain boots as well? DD really needs a new pair and these are very cute (and good price compared to others I've been looking at).

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

I actually didn't find the sizing way off, but I DID find them to be garbage. My son wore his once for about 4 hrs with NO rough play (think church & gramma's house) before the back seem split on one. He has had shoes from way low end all the way to high end & never have I seen shoes fall apart like these.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

And to hear from others who also found them to be garbage:
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5443659 from a previous woot.

WOOT - seriously - how can you STILL keep selling these shoes when you know how much people have complained. Just because people like me didn't ask you for a refund doesn't mean I don't think it is craptastic you continue to sell them. I didn't ask for a refund because we saved them for a special event & I figured it was too long since purchase - NOT because what I got was a decent product. When you keep selling them knowing people feel ripped off it makes YOU look bad...not XOLO.

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

dnebel514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnebel514

Yes, very cute. My daughter loved the zebra style. But, no, they don't last very long. Not worth the cost.

green2red

quality posts: 0 Private Messages green2red

I have to say it. (So please do not attack me)

I bought these from a previous woot also. For myself, NOT kids. I am happy with them. No they do not seem to be the most durable, but I have had NO problems with wearing mine to the office and out for errands after work. Even on a saturday of shopping and errands (which means alot of walking).

I do not take my shoes off by sliding one heel off with my foot like most people do. Maybe that's why mine have not fallen apart. Also I don't keep them tied, then slip into them, which breaks down the heels also. Seems alot of wooters are mentioning problems with the heel. Shoes were never designed to be put on/taken off in that way.

Just a thought, watch how your kids take their shoes off and put them on.

As for the price versus the durability, these are 17.99/pair, you have to treat them well or they won't last. Shoes that last longer will cost you more, due to being made of more durable material, these are canvas.

I am not seeing other adult wearers complain that these fell apart, only those who bought them for kids, hoping for a durable shoe. I have to wonder.

Do those same kids destroy the canvas shoes of name brand: K*ds or C*nv*rs*? If so, then it may not be how these are made.

Also, the sizing didn't seem off to me.

Anyway, hope this info helps someone.

alpatton68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alpatton68

I wish I would have read these comments before I ordered, now I don't feel so bad about having ordered the right/wrong size.

I've sent an email to customer service, here's to hoping I can return them, because no one here can wear them.

Having seen them in person, though, they looked pretty sturdy for $18 shoes, and oh so cute. But too small. =(

johnatxolo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnatxolo

Hi there -

I work for XOLO Shoes and I try to personally reply to every email we get thru our customer service email. If we have not replied to you and made every attempt to rectify the sizing issue - please let me know and I will do whatever I can to make the situation right.

We sincerely want to make everyone happy with their purchase.

Sincerely,

John Hendershot
VP Sales
832-644-9633
john@xoloshoes.com

alpatton68 wrote:I wish I would have read these comments before I ordered, now I don't feel so bad about having ordered the right/wrong size.

I've sent an email to customer service, here's to hoping I can return them, because no one here can wear them.

Having seen them in person, though, they looked pretty sturdy for $18 shoes, and oh so cute. But too small. =(