WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What do you think of the whole Miley Cyrus thing?
  • 21.1% - What Miley Cyrus thing? 187
  • 26.4% - You know what ... forget I asked. 234
  • 35.6% - I think it's a real shame. 316
  • 14.3% - I think people need to cut her some slack. 127
  • 2.6% - I think something else I'll tell you in the comments. 23
887 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

sillstaw

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sillstaw

Quite frankly? Much as I wish there was any kind of point to what she did, it's not that shocking, at all. It's the VMAs. Something "controversial" happens every couple of years there.

As for everything else since, same thing. No point of view or real content, but it's not unheard of for musicians to try and shock their audiences when they stop trying to play exclusively to tweens.

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

Maybe if we ignore her, she'll go away like Beiber did. Oh wait, nevermind.

ardubu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ardubu

Elvis, DEVO, David Bowie, Madonna, Lady Gaga, etc...
Some people just got to be free!

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna

I dreamed last night that her publicist had decided that in order to improve her image, they would hide her in a back room some place, and they were hiring me to impersonate her, minus any shocking behavior. I thought it was a pretty good gig.

Soo..... that's what I think of that.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

She's achieved several goals and had a bit of fun doing it. Nice (anti)marketing.

goddess8681

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goddess8681

It is all pretty blow out of proportion. I didn't like her before and I still don't. Her "performance" had nothing to do with how much I don't like her.

chocoboomelette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chocoboomelette

It breaks my achy-breaky heart.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

My mother is almost 70 years old. Her father wouldn't let her watch Elvis on the Ed Sullivan Show because he was 'vulgar'. There's always going to be someone pushing the boundaries of art & performance. Elvis, Cher, Lenny Bruce, Alice Cooper, George Carlin, Madonna, Lady Gaga. A lot of people are complaining about her sticking her tongue out...Gene Simmons did the same thing. Anyway...I don't care.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

fuzzypeaches

ardubu wrote:Elvis, DEVO, David Bowie, Madonna, Lady Gaga, etc...
Some people just got to be free!

Exactly!

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Just makes me want to be sure that if I had girls, they never would be allowed to be on a Disney show...none of them follow the Annette model anymore, they instead try to follow the Lohan model.

Not that I plan on having any more kids, or they'd even have talent to be on a Disney show...

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284

Huh .... there's a thing? Is it available on Woot? I buy all my things on Woot.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime
fuzzypeaches wrote:My mother is almost 70 years old. Her father wouldn't let her watch Elvis on the Ed Sullivan Show because he was 'vulgar'. There's always going to be someone pushing the boundaries of art & performance. Elvis, Cher, Lenny Bruce, Alice Cooper, George Carlin, Madonna, Lady Gaga. A lot of people are complaining about her sticking her tongue out...Gene Simmons did the same thing. Anyway...I don't care.

Count me among those that wish she would just quit sticking her tongue out. If it were "lewd", that would be palatable. What makes it sad is she think she is being lascivious, but it looks comical. Its not that she is pushing the envelope, its that she *thinks* she is pushing the envelope but it just comes off looking silly.

She is trying to be so hard to be sultry and she doesn't have clue that isn't how people see her. Its not that people are "offended", its just that they see this person that thinks she is grown up (and biologically she is), but she comes off like a preteen playing pretend.

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

I really don't care about anything celebrities do.

fuzzypeaches

HomerTime wrote:Count me among those that wish she would just quit sticking her tongue out. If it were "lewd", that would be palatable. What makes it sad is she think she is being lascivious, but it looks comical. Its not that she is pushing the envelope, its that she *thinks* she is pushing the envelope but it just comes off looking silly.

She is trying to be so hard to be sultry and she doesn't have clue that isn't how people see her. Its not that people are "offended", its just that they see this person that thinks she is grown up (and biologically she is), but she comes off like a preteen playing pretend.

I think she wants people to notice her. Bad or good. She doesn't care. Of course she knows she's comical. Look at the props she uses & outfits she wears. She has succeeded in what she set out to accomplish...for Pete's sake, people on WOOT are talking about her!

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender

I think she's pretty gross!