WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Does your kid have a middle name?
  • 3.3% - Nope. I didn't see the point. 40
  • 87.6% - Of course. Why wouldn't he/she? 1063
  • 9.1% - Actually, he/she has multiple middle names. 111
1214 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Allegro100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Allegro100

Two! One chosen by us, one chosen by his birthparents (and which happens to be a relentlessly geeky in joke.)

ardubu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ardubu

Two middle names - makes up for me - I don't have a middle name.

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

Two middle names means no middle name.

AWildWeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AWildWeed

I didn't get a middle name, so I gave her my name as her middle name (first name is from my grandmother, may she rest in peace).

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

ok, I am an only child so I have the weight of naming children for the entire family. ;) Luckily I had one boy and one girl to name for the men and women in my family. My son's middle name is after my father's middle name but spelled differently. My dad is Alan and my son is Alen. When my daughter came along so many years later, I wanted to name her after my mother (who is still around). But, to be honest, my mom's names suck. So I chose her maiden name as the middle name for my daughter. However, my son insisted on helping name his sister. I asked him "what present do you want to get your sister - something just from you?" and his exact answer was "I want to giver her a name, it's the only thing that will last her whole life". Can't argue with that present! So her middle name is hyphenated as Alyn-Parker. This names her initials ZAPS (backwards is SPAZ)

Starblind

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Starblind

My kids are all nameless, but I can tell them apart by their differently-coloured hats.

deadeye37

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deadeye37

Being of Hawaiian and Caucasian decent, our kids have 2 middle names - one Caucasian and one Hawaiian. Yes, some the Hawaiian names are long. My favorite is my son's - Kamakanikupa'apono (strong and steady wind)

gailedeg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gailedeg

Without a middle name you do not know the degree of trouble they are in.

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui
gailedeg wrote:Without a middle name you do not know the degree of trouble they are in.

Not necessarily. My mom (who is 56) has no middle name, and does just fine.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

myangelbear77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myangelbear77

We call our son by his middle name. He does not even know his first name. But he does know mommy and daddies given names.

Shaneyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shaneyboy
gailedeg wrote:Without a middle name you do not know the degree of trouble they are in.

Very true. If my mother called me by my first name alone it was no big deal. However, when it was followed by my middle name I knew I was in deep doodoo.

greenlantern57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenlantern57
Shaneyboy wrote:Very true. If my mother called me by my first name alone it was no big deal. However, when it was followed by my middle name I knew I was in deep doodoo.

Yep, That's the way it was in our home.

Listening to the voices is calming. Except for Fernado, he pushes my buttons.