conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Let's check out the product page

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3807 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

good reviews (3.7 out of 5.0) over at amazon

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh

will you be selling the ad-on sets soon?

mistamoose

quality posts: 31 Private Messages mistamoose

This seems like 3-4 minutes of fun once it's put together as-is, but adding on multiple sets looks more entertaining.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I got my 22 yr old son a few sets of these a year or so ago. He had his friend had quite a bit of fun with them.

Mario is ageless.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

maronda4

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maronda4

Is it just me? How much fun can a race track be if you can't even pass the other car you are racing?

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I have a similar Mario Kart K'Nex set http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Kart-Wii-Building-Donkey/dp/B0089WQ6L8 that I bought super cheap at Target on clearance a few months ago. Roll around to my son's birthday last month and I can't say I love the thing. Many of the pieces don't lock to each other in a satisfying manner, and some of the contraption-style stuff just doesn't work well. The idea of linking multiple sets is tempting, I admit, but in reality the sets, while interesting, just aren't all that sturdy. I found the instructions in general less helpful than, say, LEGOs as well, and this made some parts of it frustrating.

Borealis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Borealis
ChronoSquall14 wrote:I have a similar Mario Kart K'Nex set http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Kart-Wii-Building-Donkey/dp/B0089WQ6L8/ref=sr_1_17?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1380545417&sr=1-17&keywords=k%27nex+mario+kart+wii+building+sets that I bought super cheap at Target on clearance a few months ago. Roll around to my son's birthday last month and I can't say I love the thing. Many of the pieces don't lock to each other in a satisfying manner, and some of the contraption-style stuff just doesn't work well. The idea of linking multiple sets is tempting, I admit, but in reality the sets, while interesting, just aren't all that sturdy. I found the instructions in general less helpful than, say, LEGOs as well, and this made some parts of it frustrating.

I have to agree. My boys have the huge Bowser's Castle set and once it was finally assembled they didn't play with it for very long. It sees occasional use, but mostly just takes up a massive amount of floor space. That said, I'm still considering this... must be nostalgia kicking in.

mkentosh

quality posts: 310 Private Messages mkentosh
mistamoose wrote:This seems like 3-4 minutes of fun once it's put together as-is, but adding on multiple sets looks more entertaining.

We have 4 sets and about 6 cars, my kids sets them up all the time.
Batteries drain quick, so we use rechargable ones to keep up with the races....

etfromnu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etfromnu
mkentosh wrote:We have 4 sets and about 6 cars, my kids sets them up all the time.
Batteries drain quick, so we use rechargable ones to keep up with the races....

How old are your kids if you don't mind me asking? I have a soon to be 8 year old with a Mario Kart themed room but I don't know if these will keep his interest for long. Considering bundling it with the big 665 piece set for his birthday: Mario Kart Ultimate Building Set

Thanks.

clocked115

quality posts: 3 Private Messages clocked115

we have this track (got it for the same price on clearance at Kmart) any my son is 5. He never sets this up, there are alot of little Kinex pieces that are now lost. There are buttons that lock the tracks together that are now lost. He plays more with his Hotwheels tracks that he can connect and create more sets and his Thomas tracks. Hindsight I wouldn't purchase this again unless they changed the design of the tracks. Way too many small pieces

labyrinthia

quality posts: 15 Private Messages labyrinthia

Oh man, I just bought knock off legos yesterday.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
etfromnu wrote:How old are your kids if you don't mind me asking? I have a soon to be 8 year old with a Mario Kart themed room but I don't know if these will keep his interest for long. Considering bundling it with the big 665 piece set for his birthday: Mario Kart Ultimate Building Set

Thanks.

My son is 6, loves that set & we got it cheaper here with free shipping: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mario-circuit-ultimate-building-set/6837353.p?id=1218809160098&skuId=6837353&st=knex&cp=1&lp=15

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time