WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever been involved with any adults you met through your child?
  • 1% - Yes, I dated a parent of their friend. It was serious for a while. 7
  • 3.3% - Yes, I hooked up with a parent of their friend. Don't tell anyone, okay? 24
  • 0.4% - Yes, I married a parent of their friend. Best friends can be family too! 3
  • 0.1% - Yes, I was involved with a teacher or coach or the like. My kid knew. 1
  • 1.1% - Yes, I was involved with a teacher or coach or the like. My kid didn't know. 8
  • 1.8% - Some other answer I'll put in the comments. 13
  • 36.6% - No, never. Not saying I wouldn't though... 266
  • 55.7% - No, never. 405
727 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

spldart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spldart

I had the mom of my eldest's daughters bff try real hard to land me for some hanky panky. I turned her down. X~D

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

OK get ready for this... My stepson's girlfriend's mom (who WAS married) kept writing, skyping, and sending "care packages" to my stepson's dad when he was stationed in Afghanistan. He returned early to go to family court because his ex wife, who was the mother of his 4th kid - from 4 separate women- was abusing his kid, her parents called social services on her and sent him pictures of the bruises. Upon his return he started working at his son's girlfriend's mom's office office with/for her and then within a few months she and her husband filed for divorce. Now they (my stepson's dad and stepson's girlfriend's mom) are dating. So there is potential that my stepson, who has been with his girlfriend for over a year could marry in a few years, and his dad and her mom could marry... or his dad and her mom could marry earlier and they'd be dating siblings. I mean it is Kentucky so it's OK enough, but Where's Trollface Hiding?!?! One note though, these kids are in high school (15 years old) so odds are against them, BUT stepson's grandparents and a few others in the family are high school sweethearts that have been married 20-30+ years, so influence is there. Just an overall f'ed up situation imo.

As I type this I keep hearing JERRY JERRY JERRY chanting over and over in my head.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

larinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages larinc

I became best friends with the mother of a little girl in my daughter's preschool class. Those little girls are all grown up now and they are best friends, too!

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

After my divorce, I had sole custody of the kids, so I was a single parent for a few years. So, yes, I met a few moms who were also single parents.

AmusedOne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AmusedOne

Am I the only one still married to my daughter's father and planning to stay that way?

wootoffplease

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootoffplease

how about an option.. still married to the child's other parent

bejacques

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bejacques
AmusedOne wrote:Am I the only one still married to my daughter's father and planning to stay that way?

No, but I wondered the same thing... nuclear families are so a thing of the past.

bejacques

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bejacques
wootoffplease wrote:how about an option.. still married to the child's other parent

Clearly that's crazy talk!

cikatriz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cikatriz

I teach at a preschool. Technically not my kids, but I've been involved with some parents.