Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3480 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

[MOD: Just note that Walmart's is a 6-panel. Ours is 8 panels.]

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG

If you're a fan of baby cage fighting, you will love this portable MMA octagon for toddlers!

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3480 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at amazon

[MOD: Just note that Amazon's is a 6-panel. Ours is 8 panels.]

lichme

quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme

I cant help thinking of this (sorry for the poor quality)

kamnet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kamnet
MuddyG wrote:If you're a fan of baby cage fighting, you will love this portable MMA octagon for toddlers!

Beat me to it! I was going to tag it "UFC Junior Starter Kit"!

nesiebug

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nesiebug

Apparently us Georgia folk really like to corral our lil critters

traquy

quality posts: 51 Private Messages traquy

It's a fantastic set for the price. We had one of these and used it in 2 pieces (one for each entrance) to close off our big open living room when my daughter was crawling/early walking and keep her away from the kitchen and in the living room where we could keep an eye on her. It also worked very well outdoors so we could be outside without me constantly keeping her from toppling off the edge of the deck.

You can also use these to keep out as well as in. I have a friend who used one to block off the stone fireplace and hearth.

Loeb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Loeb

When our Christmas tree was young, we also used these with great success. The tree never got away from us. When using for human babies, make sure to set it up above the tide line. Christmas trees don't like salt water either, for that matter.

soliver

quality posts: 27 Private Messages soliver
kamnet wrote:Beat me to it! I was going to tag it "UFC Junior Starter Kit"!

Perfect for my feisty little daughter...

arwarkentien

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arwarkentien

We picked one of these up at Kmart for the same price; not sure this deal is hyping true savings.

None the less, it is a great fence-thingy. We used it to corral our dogs (Cavaliers) in the kitchen with doorways too wide for a gate, and later lent it to neighbors for use with their puppies. So if you have medium/small dogs that don't have chewing issues, this makes a great pet-pen.

tkwasny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tkwasny

Had a wood one 30 years ago for our 3 daughters. Nice when you have to run to the bathroom, washing machine, answer the door, prevent them touching the wood stove, limit the multi-dog wrestling zone away from where the baby is playing, etc. My 3 daughters love their little cave when we helped them put blankets over it and bugged us to set it up all the time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

arwarkentien wrote:We picked one of these up at Kmart for the same price; not sure this deal is hyping true savings.

None the less, it is a great fence-thingy. We used it to corral our dogs (Cavaliers) in the kitchen with doorways too wide for a gate, and later lent it to neighbors for use with their puppies. So if you have medium/small dogs that don't have chewing issues, this makes a great pet-pen.

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples. Many of the other stores (like your Kmart example) are selling a 6-panel version.

Ours has 8 panels so it creates a larger play area.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

strohminator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages strohminator

My in-laws have one of these. It works well for our little explorer, and it doesn't take up much room when not set up.

Keep in mind you can't use it for all that long -- probably from 6 months to 18 months; after that they'll be able to climb out. At that point you can sell it and get a bunch of your money back.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

DH thought we only needed a small gate to keep our child in his bedroom. (!) I showed him this video to demonstrate how to use this gate in our living room. Starting at 1:07, you start to see one gate used to protect a Christmas tree.

The children in the video are 20 months old approx., but the gates are being used to keep them out, not fenced in.

kinnick40

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kinnick40
ThunderThighs wrote:Make sure you're comparing apples to apples. Many of the other stores (like your Kmart example) are selling a 6-panel version.

Ours has 8 panels so it creates a larger play area.

We bought one at Wal-Mart with an expansion pack (8 total panels) for a similar price.
That said, it's one of the best purchases we made for our twins. Started as an enclosure, then we used it to divide up the room to give them more space, and now we still have part of it blocking them from the TV (they think it's hilarious to turn it off). I can also see using it if we get another puppy. Resale seems to be high on them around here as well.

octobermedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octobermedia
MuddyG wrote:If you're a fan of baby cage fighting, you will love this portable MMA octagon for toddlers!

dang was hoping someone didn't beat me to that comment. Good one!

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

Two babies enter the Octagon...only one comes out the victor....it's a fight to the death!

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

ThunderThighs

Staff

justafreak wrote:Two babies enter the Octagon...only one comes out the victor....it's a fight to the death!

How about the a fight to the first nap?

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bekkahpetree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bekkahpetree

AWESOME! i have triplets and had 2. easy to reshape to keep little hands away from TV and components.
-block doorways and stairs
-take camping and put them in to play while you set up
-take to lake and put in so water only goes to their waists
-take to someones house that is not kid friendly
-makes AWESOME forts
-used up until age 2, but could work until around 2 1/2
For my situation, it was a life saver

SenatorPerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SenatorPerry

Just as a normal question, are there pinch points in the connections between the panels for fingers? Also, the gate isn't mentioned to be spring loaded. I assume that it is not.

Last question, the spec says it is 30 pounds. I assume that is the box and all. I had a concern about getting a neck under the fencing bottom as a choke hazard. I imagine an escape attempt type of deal.

bekkahpetree wrote:AWESOME! i have triplets and had 2. easy to reshape to keep little hands away from TV and components.
-block doorways and stairs
-take camping and put them in to play while you set up
-take to lake and put in so water only goes to their waists
-take to someones house that is not kid friendly
-makes AWESOME forts
-used up until age 2, but could work until around 2 1/2
For my situation, it was a life saver

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Same thing I was thinking.

You can't teach cage-fighting too young.

SalsaShark42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SalsaShark42

WalMart's got an 8-panel (different brand, but looks the same, regardless) for $65. Doesn't seem like much of a deal this time.

ThunderThighs

Staff

SalsaShark42 wrote:WalMart's got an 8-panel (different brand, but looks the same, regardless) for $65. Doesn't seem like much of a deal this time.

Ours is taller - 30" vs 26"

FORUM MODERATOR

drdavis62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drdavis62

two babies enter, one baby leave
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089530/quotes?item=qt0357233

ziekk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ziekk

These are fantastic. We have an 8-panel one that's in fun colors so it was a bit more expensive, but when our twins were just crawling it was great to divide up the living room to keep them away from lots of stuff.

Now that they've grown past that though, we have it set up in a rectangle around our huge entertainment center and cat climbing tree. Keeps everyone out of the electronics and gives the poor cats a place to run to.

rizzyrong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rizzyrong

Sweet! I was bitter I missed this in September,.. in for two! These will work great for corralling my triplets when they start to craw in a few months.