Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

Item: KidKraft Outdoor Playhouse
Price: $199.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/20/2012 - $264.99 (Woot-off) - 0 comment(s)

7/16/2013 - $229.99 (Woot Plus)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3695 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at amazon

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3695 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at wayfair.com

lichme

quality posts: 3059 Private Messages lichme

Find replacement parts, manuals, and more info at KidKraft
ToysRUs has some reviews for your reading pleasure

meandsecoya

quality posts: 12 Private Messages meandsecoya

We bought one of these (well, similar) for our kids, but after the first week they wouldn't have anything to do with it. Too many bees and spiders inside, no matter what we did. *shudders* YMMV, of course.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

The whole 'Tiny House' craze is getting out of hand...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

finzup

quality posts: 2 Private Messages finzup
meandsecoya wrote:We bought one of these (well, similar) for our kids, but after the first week they wouldn't have anything to do with it. Too many bees and spiders inside, no matter what we did. *shudders* YMMV, of course.

that's the first thing I thought of... spiders and bugs in there.

I've noticed that some people list all their woot purchases in their signature. Me? No way, no how. I don't even want to acknowledge to myself, much less anyone else, just how much $$ I've spent on woot crap since 2006.

mechgirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mechgirl

We bought this (or a very similar model) from Costco in the Fall of 2008 for nearly $300. It was not easy to assemble, but completely worth it. We put it in the garage for the winter, but I would estimate that it sits outside about 8 months out of the year, and it still looks great, even 5 years later.

The plastic roof is very durable, and has faded a bit over time, but still looks good. The wood is also very tough, and weathers well. We give the playhouse a hose-down before putting it in the garage, but that is it for maintenance. The 'windows' and door still easily open and close (no warping), and there is a little plastic latch built into the door handle that lets you fasten the door shut.

Both of my children *love* this playhouse. There are occasional spiders and such inside, but they just swat them away. Many of the neighborhood kids come over to play in it (with my children) as well. We have even had neighbors ask to buy it off of us when my children eventually outgrow it.

kmwright

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmwright

We bought this house from Woot last year (same price).

We bring it into the garage over winter, but after a punishing spring/summer season in direct sun it still looks new. Our kids like to draw on it with chalk, and so far the wood has held up beautifully to the abuse. The door latch is a little tough for younger kids to manipulate, but that's a minor complaint on an overall great Woot deal.

bmwbig6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmwbig6

Plastic vs. wood? Wouldn't a plastic play house be more durable (and easier to assemble)? Anyone who has owned both care to comment? This house looks pretty but I worry if it will look good after the first couple years.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

My great-nephew's grandparents bought him a similar house. They mounted it on a foundation and added a wireless doorbell. Both additions really added to the charm.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

neveraging

quality posts: 4 Private Messages neveraging

anyone know what the floor and foundation are like? do you put it on (included) blocks or posts? are there joists to the floor?

GH

RecycledPast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RecycledPast
neveraging wrote:anyone know what the floor and foundation are like? do you put it on (included) blocks or posts? are there joists to the floor?

There is no floor included.

RecycledPast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RecycledPast

Just received mine in the mail.

Took me about 3 hours (with no help) to open the box, layout all the parts, build playhouse and clean up all the packaging.
It wasn't "hard" but I'd say I'm not a novice. I've put together plenty of desks, beds, and toys (I have 2 kids under 6).

Tools used:
allen wrench - included
Screw driver
Power drill (the 3rd hole for the door hinges was not predrilled)
Also used wood glue, clamp and a few random wood screws which I had- one piece of the wall broke when I went to pick it up.

Here are a few observations:

Roof is plastic, the rest is wood
Plastic door handle that works (holds the door closed)
There is no floor
The back wall has a huge window w/ red fabric curtains and curtain rod (which you screw down on each side so they don't come off)
There are two windows w/ movable shutters.
The front mailbox opens and has a movable red flag(plastic)