quality posts: 3023 Private Messages lichme

Item: Random Kids Stuff
Price: $14.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Search Amazon Search Google

gruisinger

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gruisinger

for $20, this better not be a box of screaming moneys.

senordunda

quality posts: 7 Private Messages senordunda

I hope it's a Red Ryder BB Gun!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3664 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I am the biggest sucker for a mystery box! Even though I do not have kids, I am sure I will end up getting something I can gift or donate.

mossygreen

quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen

Hmm, I'm a childless spinster and I want this.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

a kids.woot Bandolier of Carrots

that was fun while it lasted!

FishGuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FishGuts

Most "kids" stuff on here is really baby stuff but I'm taking my chances. I'm a sucker for surprises.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 38 Private Messages dernst_ca1

in for one.. I got a kid and about a dozen nieces and nephews

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

sup68396

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sup68396

Closest thing I've seen to a Bandolier of Carrots in a long time, I'm in. Got plenty of grand kids I can give it too for Christmas.

Keep on Wooting !!!

lichme

I really hope that the stuff people are get isn't stuff that was sold on here for less than $15.

Looking forward to seeing the contents posted here.

mh2s

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mh2s

Hoping something nice and usable. My surprise will be donated to the foster children program for Christmas.

FishGuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FishGuts
lichme wrote:I really hope that the stuff people are get isn't stuff that was sold on here for less than $15.

Looking forward to seeing the contents posted here.

I don't think you'll have to worry. Description says this:
You will receive one Randomly Selected kids item from our warehouse previously priced no less than $15.99 on Kids.Woot. Clothing, shoes, and baby gear are NOT included on the list of random Kids items, so you don't have to worry about receiving a pair of size 2T jeans for your 8 year old.

efooter

quality posts: 18 Private Messages efooter
senordunda wrote:I hope it's a Red Ryder BB Gun!

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.

holagabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages holagabe

No kids of my own, but i have 15 nieces and nephews from 2 years old up to 20 years old. So I am sure that I should be able to give this to one of them.

+ Random Crap Calenders 2006 x3 and 2007 x9
+ Random Bandolier of Carrots x4 + Screaming Monkey Black Woot Cape x2 Orange cape X3 + Random Comic Books x30, no idea why.. + Mas Random T-shirts

lichme

FishGuts wrote:I don't think you'll have to worry. Description says this:
You will receive one Randomly Selected kids item from our warehouse previously priced no less than $15.99 on Kids.Woot. Clothing, shoes, and baby gear are NOT included on the list of random Kids items, so you don't have to worry about receiving a pair of size 2T jeans for your 8 year old.

Very well. I like that there isn't going to be any "mystery clothing" with stuff that may or may not fit. Woot thinks of everything.

dfunk29

quality posts: 50 Private Messages dfunk29
mossygreen wrote:Hmm, I'm a childless spinster and I want this.

So am I, but I'm trying to decide if I should actually buy it. Didn't have a great experience with my last box full of craptasticness.

gertiestn

quality posts: 56 Private Messages gertiestn

I'm a bit confused about one thing. Is it guaranteed that the stuff one would get in this "random" lot is, in fact, made up of toys? Playthings? I mean, kids.woot covers a ginormous range of ages & interests & needs -- diapers to trampolines (I think) to hobby horses & things that go bump in the night. The write-up for this talks about toys, though. Was that intentional and deliberate? Like no nursing bibs or diapers or like that?

tarasadie17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tarasadie17

Woot says "please consider donating your random item to a local charity that benefits kids who don't have the luxury of randomly selected stuff"

Uh... why don't we go ahead and cut out the middleman Woot...

theco2

quality posts: 74 Private Messages theco2
dfunk29 wrote:So am I, but I'm trying to decide if I should actually buy it. Didn't have a great experience with my last box full of craptasticness.

If you have bad luck with crap, does that mean you received something good?

timothyw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages timothyw

Seems like the perfect birthday present for my 10 year old. What am I getting her? I don't know, but it should be on the way....

Leslie14

quality posts: 77 Private Messages Leslie14

I am soooo in!
I've got 5 kids ages 7 - 23, so if its anything worth having, I'M KEEPING IT FOR MYSELF!!!

footnotegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages footnotegirl

In for 1. I have a 19 month old, and there's been some good toddler stuff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the bouncy pegasus especially. But I have like, tons of friends having kids right now, so if it's something she's gotten past, I can get rid of it easy.

catwoman999

quality posts: 20 Private Messages catwoman999

OK, so let's see if I've got this straight.

I pay Woot $14.99 plus 5.00 shipping and they will send me a random item that apparently no one else wanted when it was featured in past Woots (supposedly valued at $15.99 or so.)

That doesn't seem like a bargain to me.

mossygreen

Well, I'm in. I know some children, some of whom I like, and I have some favorite charities as well. Of course, I'm hoping it's something cool for me, like $15.99 worth of glow sticks.

mossygreen

catwoman999 wrote:OK, so let's see if I've got this straight.

I pay Woot $14.99 plus 5.00 shipping and they will send me a random item that apparently no one else wanted when it was featured in past Woots (supposedly valued at $15.99 or so.)

Many of us have been conditioned to buy anything from a page featuring an orange question mark. Blame the Illuminati.

edchang00

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edchang00

I'm telling my kid that Santa is watching you and getting you something that's not on your list this year. So Woot... you get to play Santa this year... haha

clanaota

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clanaota

I got a Badgers or Chipmunks once and inside was a "made in China red backpack" and a Chinese "clock for the teaching of children's time" (actual description on packaging) toy... I'm hoping I get another backpack....

woot!

mclovintonite

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mclovintonite

This is one expensive Bundle of Carrots

footnotegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages footnotegirl

Interesting purchase stats so far. It's the people who have been on longest and have the most buying experience that are chancing it. I guess we all miss the Bandolier of Carrots too much!

catwoman999

quality posts: 20 Private Messages catwoman999
mossygreen wrote:Many of us have been conditioned to buy anything from a page featuring an orange question mark. Blame the Illuminati.

Well, that explains it then. :D

I shouldn't really criticize this deal, except that it's only one random item in a shipping box. That doesn't sound like that much fun.

Now if it was a shipping box full of random Woot monkeys, I would have ordered immediately.

I have standards, you know. ;)

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

I'm pretty sure I just spent $21 on off-brand school supplies.

mossygreen

catwoman999 wrote:Well, that explains it then. :D

I shouldn't really criticize this deal, except that it's only one random item in a shipping box. That doesn't sound like that much fun.

Now if it was a shipping box full of random Woot monkeys, I would have ordered immediately.

I have standards, you know. ;)

Well sure, it's probably a terrible deal, but we don't know for sure. And we won't unless we order it so we can be disappointed later! It's all about managing expectations.

chriscclark01

quality posts: 23 Private Messages chriscclark01

When did Woot! start collecting sales tax in Georgia? Amazon still doesn't...

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

chriscclark01 wrote:When did Woot! start collecting sales tax in Georgia? Amazon still doesn't...

This was effective Sept. 1, 2013.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

kidsandliz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kidsandliz
catwoman999 wrote:OK, so let's see if I've got this straight.

Specially if you can't indicate an age range or the sex (or likely to be liked by both sexes) of the kid the item is intended for...

Seems like a high likelihood I'd just be putting a match to the money. If I am going to do that then lottery tickets would be an equally or even possibly a better bad choice for the money I am about ready to light on fire LOL

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3664 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Based on the sales stats, us West coast REALLY loves a mystery!

mdavies

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mdavies
footnotegirl wrote:Interesting purchase stats so far. It's the people who have been on longest and have the most buying experience that are chancing it.

Maybe this should be a lesson to the newbies...

Normally I would be on this like white on rice, but we just moved to a much smaller house, and every day a box or two goes out to the good will!

jon98gn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages jon98gn
mistamoose wrote:Same boat. I saw some lights that I would've purchased if the $5 all day was still in effect.

It's $5 shipping for the entire cart. Your order would qualify if you buy it all at once.

\

troi4001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages troi4001

A couple of questions. Will we all get the same thing? And when the items come, will you have an area where we can brag, complain or threaten about what we received? Thanks