WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you have a big hill in your neighborhood?
  • 34.7% - Of course! That's where the dares happen! 256
  • 4.1% - I do, but I don't allow my child near it. Too dangerous. 30
  • 17.1% - Well, it'd be big to a child. Not to me. 126
  • 32% - No hills! Should I move? Am I robbing my child of a life experience? 236
  • 12.1% - No hills! And that's how I like it. 89
737 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

We have mountains. Go Sierra Nevada's!!!

tbq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbq

Within a 1 mile radius of my house is roughly 400 feet in elevation difference. I only live around 250 feet above sea level, so I'm close to the half way point of the hill I'm on. I drive up and down several hills everyday.

That might help explain why a tiny bit of snow and ice will bring Seattle to a grinding halt, with businesses and schools closing their doors at the mere possibility of snowfall in the weather forecast.

salanth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages salanth

Yeah, Seattle is all hills. You've got your choice of gentle to holy crap.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I live in the Florida 'mountains'. Believe it or not, there are some pretty massive hills around here. More than what we had when we lived in the NC foothills. The street beside of us has a nice long hill. You should see my son & his friends longboard down it!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

jimmygeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmygeek

Yep! I live on it!

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

I remember the "big hill" on my block growing up. It was like 3 feet. But, hey, you learned to get a kick out of sledding a few feet. When I got a little bigger, I found out there was a much better sledding hill a few blocks away. The only catch was that it was in a cemetery.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

"The Hill" in Grosse Pointe (where the wife grew up) is a bump at most 3ft. high

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

The big hill is about 5000' high. There's a mountain behind that that's about 8000' high. Love the Wasatch range!

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

The only hills we have are freeway overpasses. Everything is dead flat for miles and miles.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

We have lots.. and paved trails all over them. There is lots of longboarding that goes on in our community.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

I live in Florida. The biggest hills here are garbage dumps with grass on them And tubes to vent the gasses.